Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Beer can chicken
    IMG_5305%20copy_zpsgeoudcse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^ It looks like it could walk to the table. Did you name it? ;)

^ It looks like it could walk to the table. Did you name it? ;)

Henry. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Musefan wrote: »
    Filo pastry with spinach, feta, roasted red peppers and bacon. Served with baby roosters (roasted with garlic and paprika), lettucy-bits and beetroot slaw.

That looks yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Fillet steak, salad and hasselback sweet potatoes.

13007083_10154749218957678_2434094454847659841_n.jpg?oh=a6076fbff84d11bd2ffa4ded9eea2532&oe=57BA2F15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Beer can chicken

Blacks of Kinsale Ale?? Nice beer to use too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

SB_Part2, I... think tinypic messed with your upload! :p

Billy86 wrote: »
    SB_Part2, I... think tinypic messed with your upload! :p

huh??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    huh??

Tinypic recycles URLs, so your picture is no longer your picture. The picture that's now displaying is of transport things:

2lid8is.jpg

Oh! It was still displaying fine for me. I'll use something else in future. Thanks for the heads up!

• Advertisement

The chicken is back now, and looking fantastic!! :eek:

I did one like that a while back, and one thing that worked great (saw it on Aussie Masterchef I think it was) is gently lifting the skin off the breast, right where the neck would be, and putting some flavoured butter in underneath (lemon, garlic, whatever works with the rest of the meal). As it cooks, the flavoured butter slips all the way down the inside of the skin for the rest of the chicken and leaves a gorgeous taste. Just an assumption on my part here, but the skin getting lifted off the meat seems to make it crispier also (the butter spreads around and dries out long before the chicken is done).

For what its worth, I also find http://www.postimage.org to be very handy, and no registration is needed either. Also comes in handy that you can upload multiple images at once.

Tonight I made limey chipotle prawn tacos. They didn't look as nice as they tasted. Will be having the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

IMG_5311%20copy_zpsawonxvdn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Asian pork salad.

Oink oink.

12998747_10154751922792678_1921563529585324733_n.jpg?oh=ee7cb79c7a67b6956bcd45e405d9bbe8&oe=57B5870D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Mushroom risotto. I love it but my god is the stirring the most boring kitchen chore ever!

Mushroom risotto. I love it but my god is the stirring the most boring kitchen chore ever!

I've started using paella rice for risotto. It's cheaper than arbario and you don't have to stir it as much. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I've started using paella rice for risotto. It's cheaper than arbario and you don't have to stir it as much. :)

I got one of those Heston risotto cookers for christmas. It really does work! Now i play video games while waiting for my risotto to cook!

I find the stirring relaxing :). I just drift off into my thoughts.

Buttermilk Baked Chicken Thighs with Hasselback Sweet Potatoes (thanks to whoever for the idea!) and Crispy Kale Chips.

53B0F8AC-CAFA-4CB6-B0E5-08D7A963719B_zpssqw1codx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭RuckingSwimmer

First attempt at risotto tonight - only had paella rice but it turned out OK!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

photo%209_zpscddqunqj.jpg

Sweet potato noodles with chicken and mushroom in a cheesy sauce. Tasted lovely, looked like a plate of sick.

I think I'm officially done with my hand-held spiralisers. The wastage is massive and the quality for anything harder than a courgette is not good. I'd have been better off grating the sweet potatoes.

• Advertisement

Rentdayblues Thai turkey burgers tonight on brioche buns from Aldi. Added peanut butter to bottom bun, worked amazingly. Served with homemade wedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Dónal wrote: »
    Rentdayblues Thai turkey burgers tonight on brioche buns from Aldi. Added peanut butter to bottom bun, worked amazingly. Served with homemade wedges.

Yum, definitely trying that next time

Just a non-moderator request here, but some pictures on this thread are absolutely ginormous, and are off my screen. It makes them really hard to see properly. I know it's hard to regulate sometimes (my iPhone takes the worlds biggest pictures!) but it would be great if you could take a moment to resize them so that everyone can see them better.

I find http://www.picresize.com/ quick and easy to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lasagne and chips here tonight. Hadn't had it for ages, was delicious. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Chilli Con Carne with basmatis rice and salsa (for some extra spice)

Faith wrote: »
    Just a non-moderator request here, but some pictures on this thread are absolutely ginormous, and are off my screen. It makes them really hard to see properly. I know it's hard to regulate sometimes (my iPhone takes the worlds biggest pictures!) but it would be great if you could take a moment to resize them so that everyone can see them better.

I find http://www.picresize.com/ quick and easy to use :)
    Also to add http://www.postimage.org give a number of resize options when uploading. I wonder if the new Boards layout does the resizing automatically, though? I've seen similar layouts on a few other forums that seem to do so, the old layout boards had was pretty spectacularly dated in a few respects (I had seen the layout on other forums too, but they had mostly switched away 8-10 years ago; probably harder for boards though, with the sheer size of the site!).

So inspired by masterchef and all the wonderful pics here I tried hassleback-ing tonight

Hassleback chicken stuffed with spinach and goats cheese, topped with cheddar. Served with some tasty tasty hassleback sweet potatoes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

So inspired by masterchef and all the wonderful pics here I tried hassleback-ing tonight

Hassleback chicken stuffed with spinach and goats cheese, topped with cheddar. Served with some tasty tasty hassleback sweet potatoes

Oh! A question about your chicken. I did the same thing a few days ago, except with ricotta instead of goats cheese. Did you do anything to the mixture before stuffing it into the chicken, or just mix it up? I found it really disappointing and I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong!

Oh! A question about your chicken. I did the same thing a few days ago, except with ricotta instead of goats cheese. Did you do anything to the mixture before stuffing it into the chicken, or just mix it up? I found it really disappointing and I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong!

I have to say it was delisicious, my 3 year old ate a full chicken breast! I steamed the spinach, drained it and added the goats cheese. I only had a log of cheese so I added the whole thing including the rind. Spinach was still warm so it melted in. Stuffed the chicken, and topped it all with paprika, salt and pepper. Topped again with grated cheddar.

I cooked at 200 degrees for 20 mins and finished under the grill for 5 minutes to brown the cheese. Hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Some very disappointing bbq ribs - they were all fat and bone, only a tiny bit of meat on one side- and some great chips

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement