Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

I gave it four hours on the high setting. They were waxy potatoes so they kept their shape although they were completely cooked through - I'm not sure how floury potatoes would turn out.

Do you mind me asking what slow cooker model you use? I'm strongly considering getting one but haven't a clue where to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Do you mind me asking what slow cooker model you use? I'm strongly considering getting one but haven't a clue where to start!

Ive one from aldi or lidl,15 -20 euro,working perfect for years,plenty of use,there not complicated machines so are cheap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mine is a Breville, I got it in Argos a good few years ago. They're pretty basic so the make isn't all that important - except when it comes to the budget Tesco one. It sounds as though that one is a bit too cool.

I would advise getting the larger one, the small can be a bit too small.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I've been sick, busy or both recently, so very little cooking being done by me.

Tonight the husband made us nice rare striploins with chips, mushrooms and caramelised onions, with warm ginger sponge and custard for dessert. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The run of cobbled-together dinners continues.

Monday: cheat's pizza. Which I overcooked, as you can see.

13096099_10154773858227678_8985153427017324069_n.jpg?oh=cdda33da84b6a35f47ece92f32bc86e6&oe=579CD367

Last night: sausage goulash. The kitchen is like Mother Hubbard's cupboard because I do pretty much all the food shopping, but because I haven't been cooking, there was feck all in the press/fridge. I don't think I've had sausages for dinner since I was a teen :pac:

13119112_10154773858282678_4186713742248173145_n.jpg?oh=5138c2621a38977843b810bdb18c7fd8&oe=57A85304

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't think that's overcooked at all! I always like the edges of the crusts to be a small bit darker, and some of the cheese to be turning a tiny shade golden brown, myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Turkey meatballs and homemade bolognese, really tasty and light

The other half is currently rustling up a roast chicken, with roast potatoes, veg and gravy. Nice comfort food for the snow we're having.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

My husband is working late tonight so just me and the baby. Perfect excuse for pizza wraps (not to be confused with wrap pizzas :P), tomato and veg sauce, fresh basil, mozzarella, feta and onion, with hummus. Eaten on the sitting room floor in front of the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Roast chicken breast on the bone, scallion mash, carrots, broccoli, garlicky spinach and chicken gravy. Yum.

• Advertisement

Mexican night here, burritos with all the trimmings! Nom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

We'd a work night out tonight
    Did dinner in the cooks academy
    We'd risotto and salmon wrapped in parmA ham and a chocolate roulade which we'd to cook ourselves
    Was a bit meh I think I do a nicer risotto
    There's was full of butter and no Parmesan,was a big shocked at that...

brinty wrote: »
    We'd a work night out tonight
    Did dinner in the cooks academy
    We'd risotto and salmon wrapped in parmA ham and a chocolate roulade which we'd to cook ourselves
    Was a bit meh I think I do a nicer risotto
    There's was full of butter and no Parmesan,was a big shocked at that...

How can they call it a risotto without Parmesan?? :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Turkey meatballs and homemade bolognese, really tasty and light

Could you share the recipe please?

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Could you share the recipe please?

Nothing much to it, blitzed garlic and shallots to a paste and added to turkey mince. Browned them on a pan and added to the bolognese. It was just onions sweated down, with garlic, passata, tinned tomatoes, red peppers and a tbsp brown sugar. Left it to simmer for 2-3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Grown-up mac'n cheese - Spirelli pasta with cauliflower in a blue cheese sauce.
    And home-made garlic bread on the side. Nice with the last of the Riesling from the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

King prawns sald with Thai sweet chilli sauce

346lvmf.jpg

Beef and red wine stew with crusty bread.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Ikea meatballs with gravy, mash, broccoli and carrots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Cold turkey, French bread & Water. Not as much as I would eat most nights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Beef Lasange and chips

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The assignment deadline week hall of shame continues: frozen pizza, which I attempted to elevate somewhat by topping it with sausages & peppers from my leftover goulash and cracking an egg on the top.

13124525_10154777518317678_6164664662040337675_n.jpg?oh=a77da0bab4fa7ebf169ccee959d28c5c&oe=57B6C1D0

Last night was hassleback chicken again with spinach and goats cheese. Tonight is more chicken but this time it's stuffed with garlic mushroom pate and goats cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Beef short ribs slow cooked in red wine till they fell off the bone. Not even the mammy could think of anything bad to say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

kylith wrote: »
    Beef short ribs slow cooked in red wine till they fell off the bone. Not even the mammy could think of anything bad to say
    Any chance of a recipe for these please?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Any chance of a recipe for these please?

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/slow-cooker-short-ribs

Here ya go!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

armaghlad wrote: »
    Pan fried salmon and broccoli. Started a new diet yesterday. Probably last until Thursday..

Yeah... I was all like 'time to start eating healthy' the other day. I'm reading this in McDonalds. He Tennesee Stack is shíte!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Love Friday night dinners. Chicken Wings! :)

AB9707D2-A62C-4836-9D5B-D50659E20D42_zpsmejgu3gb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I roasted a nice 6 inch round fillet of dogfish in foil with garlic, seasoning and a teensy bit of truffle oil. Served with baby leaves(the fish juice/oil in the foil poured over as dressing), some homemade coleslaw and a couple of slices of fresh crusty bread. So simple and tasty.

• Advertisement

Chicken Teriyaki Donburi from Wagamamas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement