Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Last night, we went out for dinner in this incredible restaurant nearby. It's only been open about a year and it's already being ranked on of the best restaurants in Vancouver, and in the top 40 in all of Canada. Anyway, the meal, as expected, was divine. Every morsel was to die for. But the unexpected, and horrifyingly good, highlight of the meal was chocolate covered fried chicken skin :eek:. It sounds disgusting but omg it was incredible!

Nice and simple dinner: wraps, griddle pan cooked chicken, red onion, peppers, chilli, garlic, lime juice, with grated cheese, homemade guacamole (spicy!) and salsa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

The usual scrumptious dinner. 3 potatoes, lots of broccoli, carrots & centre loin chop with a nice cup of milk. Followed that up with Kiwi and Ice Cream. Apple and Banana for fruit, a Mars bar and a bottle of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Friday, it's the long weekend, at a loose end. Wandering about town, so I popped into Yamamori and had their early bird general bento.

WP_20160429_17_55_56_Pro_zps1pzwnqkz.jpg

the pork belly was DI-VINE.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Gowgee and white curry noodles, OH had ribs and rendang, at Papa Rich with my parents, made up for last weeks ribs :).

Stew and Potatoes yesterday

Ribs for me, OH and his parents and Grandma's curry for me, singapore noodles for him and pad thai for them.

Sorry no pictures was too hungry :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Friday was Dominos.

Sat was medium duck breast pan fried with red wine gravy and mash.

Today was oven baked salmon piece with mash and spinach.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Roast chicken dinner today followed by apple and rhubarb crumble and custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Roast chicken for me too, with roasties and roasted broccoli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Faith wrote: »
    Last night, we went out for dinner in this incredible restaurant nearby. It's only been open about a year and it's already being ranked on of the best restaurants in Vancouver, and in the top 40 in all of Canada. Anyway, the meal, as expected, was divine. Every morsel was to die for. But the unexpected, and horrifyingly good, highlight of the meal was chocolate covered fried chicken skin :eek:. It sounds disgusting but omg it was incredible!
    Where was it? I'm in Toronto, might be visiting a friend out that way in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Potsy84

Roast rib of beef with Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, roast carrots, broccoli + a mushroom sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

The Cooking Club's spicy Thai chicken noodle soup.

The sweat was pouring outta me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Pork fillet stuffed with chorizo, feta and red pepper. Served with boiled baby potatoes and mushrooms stuffed with the same filling

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Its been so long since I've posted here! Saturdays dinner was sticky Asian pulled pork with rice, Asian flavoured slaw, veg stir fry and oven roasted sweet potato cubes.

Sundays dinner was chicken curry pie with homemade cucumber raita, tomato salad and sweet potato fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Sunday was roast chicken, broccoli, spuds and gravy.

Today was a wrap in a bowl (or on a plate in my case).

Wholemeal wrapped topped with spinach, cheese, cucumber, onion, tomato, mayonnaise (garlic and plain) and spicy chicken. Delicious.

Yesterday was chicken and halloumi, spinach, onions, garlic and peppers filo pastry rolls. Tonight was "empty the freezer Bolognese"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A bacon, asparagus, gruyere and pine nut frittata.

13124850_10154792133817678_9043135091228032681_n.jpg?oh=b6a454fe7effb6d1eb13eb530be82f63&oe=57B462F5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Spanish Omelette, really happy with how it turned out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Made Italian style stuffed chicken breasts...

Chicken stuffed with olives, tomato and mozzarella seasoned with Italian herbs, wrapped in parma ham and oven cooked in olive oil infused with garlic and more Italian herbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Have a penchant for fish cakes lately. Aldi and Tesco finest are both lovely but last night made my own. Not as good as the shop bought but always takes me a 2nd attempt to get it right!

Tonight-Remaining fish cakes, tesco bargain basement bacon ribs and peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Surf and turf last night. Steak with red wine gravy and garlic chilli lemon prawns with tomato and spinach salad on the side.

• Advertisement

Chicken (well, turkey) tinga in lettuce cups.

13124697_10154794829547678_8290180156600699530_n.jpg?oh=cf5ad0c27ff7856673023571815dbf99&oe=57E3D278

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Chicken (well, turkey) tinga in lettuce cups.

Recipe please!!! Did you use mince, or shredded?

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Recipe please!!! Did you use mince, or shredded?

I used breast fillets, which you pull after they're cooked. This is the recipe I used: http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/01/chicken-tinga-spicy-mexican-shredded-chicken-recipe.html

As I said, I used breast fillets so no bone or skin. I'd no tomatillos so just used double the quantity of tomatoes. I also added a whole chilli with the garlic and tomatoes. Leave everything whole, just peel the garlic and take the stem off the chilli. Everything'll cook down with the stock and vinegar and you blend it in the pot before pulling and adding the meat back in anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Just back yesterday from Japan, had a Michelin star meal for 8 euros. I was still tasting the broth hours later. Had one of the best sushi dinners I've ever had maybe best meal ever, however that was a lot more than 8 quid.

IMG_20160503_160721_zpskt73hb3u.jpg

IMG_20160503_161848_zpsywjdvbr5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

To accompany the fine dining experience that is the MasterChef final.....

Hot dog and cheesey nachos!

8E6376AB-60AB-4FD3-A15B-925B39B703BA_zps1ajxjjmf.jpg

Sweet potato crusted quiche. Filled with bacon, mushroom, and Gouda.

kylith wrote:
    Sweet potato crusted quiche. Filled with bacon, mushroom, and Gouda.

That looks gorgeous. How did you make the crust?

Dial Hard wrote: »
    That looks gorgeous. How did you make the crust?

I used finely sliced cooked sweet potato* to line a terracotta tapas bowl I bought in Lidl, simple as that. I wish I could think of a way to crisp up the crust a bit. The potato is very wet so too delicate to do much with but it's soooo delicious on the bits that are above the dish and have gotten caremelised.

* I actually sliced and roasted the potato for 20 minutes the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

i made tacos for the third time this week. Accidentally bought around 50 corn tortillas in F&B, oh the humanity.

Nomnomnomnomnomnom.

slack_for_ios_upload.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Smeared a half leg of lamb with madras paste, and slow cooked it all day on top of tomatoes, cauliflower, chickpeas, onions, garlic, ginger and lemongrass. I then shredded the lamb and stirred it into the vegetables with coconut milk and spinach. I added salt and fresh chilli and served it with rice, naan, yoghurt and mango chutney. It was great! Loads leftover for lunches.

Dessert is currently being enjoyed in front of the tv - sweet chai and baklava.

Happy Saturday night all. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement