Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

kylith wrote:
    I used finely sliced cooked sweet potato* to line a terracotta tapas bowl I bought in Lidl, simple as that. I wish I could think of a way to crisp up the crust a bit. The potato is very wet so too delicate to do much with but it's soooo delicious on the bits that are above the dish and have gotten caremelised.

You could try blind baking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dining al fresco this afternoon, stunning weather!!

One of our friend's daughter's a veggie so we had Crispy Salmon, Jazzed-up Rice, Courgette Salad and Guacamole with tortillas. Courtesy of Jamie's 30 minute meals, that took twice as long to make!

Worth it though, so tasty.......

F7760DB9-193D-4072-830B-1A4ADACB3DE8_zpslz2l549i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Well wasn't it a beautiful day?
    Thought it was too warm for a roast, but hunger got the better of us and roast chicken it was.
    Delicious as always!

2wdzia0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Tonight is Chicken Tikka with rice for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Made a nice penne dish courtesy of thebodycoach on insta...

Chicken and penne in a red pepper and cashew nut sauce with spinach. As usual I was far too busy putting it in my mouth to take a pic :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

could not say no to these on sat in town ..

ixw028.jpg

seasoned them in chilli salt and bbq spices

alrrbs.jpg

and made a pig of myself ,mash,petit pois,pepper sauce

295r7g8.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thrown-together dinner of spaghetti, with a sauce made from olive oil, garlic, chorizo, cherry tomatoes, prawns, balsamic vinegar and black pepper. It was surprisingly rich and tasty for something that took 10 minutes.

w88bb7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Homemade chicken stew for me tonight :)

Pork chops and Beans with Duchess Potatoes and Brocolli

9D874F31-8097-48DD-AF87-9456230ABAA2_zpsu3rbobeg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Made beef Medallion and mashed potatoes

15q9en7.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I made chilli con carne for the first time, it was delicious and spicy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I made chilli con carne for the first time, it was delicious and spicy.

We had chilli last night too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had chilli last night too :)

I love Chilli... I use the uncle bens hot sauce, its the best I have ever tasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Had some sweet potato leftover so used it along with red pepper and goats cheese to stuff some chicken breasts, really nice and good use of something that would have gone in the bin otherwise

made a kind of Mexican shepherds pie,but beef mince,sweet potato mash topping,lots of veg i scissored up small in the pan ,plenty of chiili spices,habenero sauce, topped the mince with a taco sauce style mayo ,and topped the mash with more grinded chilli and spices,grated cheddar.. was delicious

id grill for 5 mins at the end next time as sweet potato mash take some effort to crisp

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

You'll never really get sweet potato mash crispy like potato.

You'll never really get sweet potato mash crispy like potato.

sister told me to mix it 75 % sweet 25% regular mash and that would work,will try next time,maybe add a egg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Beef stew and mash this evening. And enough left for tomorrow, always nicer the next day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Roast Chicken dinner last night, tonight will be a quick and easy curry - it's been a busy week!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Had few mini cakes from Costa in lunch.

vmy8oo.jpg

Now going to prepare vegetables soup for dinner to balance out the calories :)

2j2jp5l.jpg

• Advertisement

Chicken fritters and garlic aliola dip with a roasted pepper, tomato and mozzarella noodle salad.

68B7FF8E-6CC2-4478-A4B5-4F388F89534A_zps2rkx4fyy.jpg

Chicken fritters were a huge hit with the kids. Recipe is here but I'm sure there's loads of variations you can try.
    http://natashaskitchen.com/2016/02/16/tender-chicken-fritters/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Like practically everyone else in my neighbourhood, judging by the smells, I barbequed. Harissa-lemon chicken, chipotle chicken, flatbreads, asparagus, sweet potato, avocado and a smoked paprika & cayenne butter-rubbed corn on the cob for my sister, because I loathe the stuff. Al accompanied by a lovely big salad.

Had planned to have enough leftovers for an easy post-pub dinner this evening, but we may have inadvertently eaten it all...

13226947_10154815610572678_6248246547604130023_n.jpg?oh=b44e9d5c0bcf0c5de80bd8c3dc072224&oe=57D6496E

Had some sweet potato leftover so used it along with red pepper and goats cheese to stuff some chicken breasts, really nice and good use of something that would have gone in the bin otherwise

How did you cook the chicken?

Zelda247 wrote: »
    How did you cook the chicken?

I hasslebacked it for stuffing and cooked for 20 mins at 200. My husband said that's my favourite word at the moment!

Edit: for the kids and hubby I topped with grated cheese and breadcrumbs

I hasslebacked it for stuffing and cooked for 20 mins at 200. My husband said that's my favourite word at the moment!

Edit: for the kids and hubby I topped with grated cheese and breadcrumbs

Did you brown it in the pan before hand.

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Did you brown it in the pan before hand.

Nope, so mine was a little anaemic looking, the ones with breadcrumbs looked well

My husband said that's my favourite word at the moment!

I must admit that I've been quite bemused at your idea of hassleback chicken!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Mod Note: Just a reminder to everyone to keep your comments and feedback constructive and civil. This is a friendly and supportive forum so let's keep it like that. :)

I must admit that I've been quite bemused at your idea of hassleback chicken!

How so? It's on the tinternet so it must be a real thing ;0)

• Advertisement

How so? It's on the tinternet so it must be a real thing ;0)

I know. I googled it. And I thought you'd made it up!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement