Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,760 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bf wanted something vegetarian as we missed any last weekend (usually do 2 or 3 days a week) so it was falafel wraps with hummus, onions, lettuce and sweet chilli. Surprised at both how quick it was, and yet how many utensils/trays/plates it got dirty. Only unloaded the dishwasher earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So back on topic, our first bbq of the year tonight, no hasslebacking I'm afraid!

Had sweet chili chicken and tandoori skewers, turkey burgers and a chilli turkey burgers, sausages and the tastiest brocolli ever! I blanched it, salt, pepper and oil and grilled on the bbq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

No bbq but eating outside - again! :)

Crispy chicken wings with honey, soya and garlic sauce,babe ribs, baked potatoes with cheese and coleslaw, Corn on the Cob with cayenne butter (courtesy of Dial Hard, very good!)

E572CB8F-B52E-47D4-8723-7D6D72C95FC8_zpsisn8vpxy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was meant to be steak and chips with pepper sauce but it ended up being a chicken wrap.

The steak was vile, it had a disgusting big piece of fat going through it. I like marbling, but this was vile, couldn't stomach it at all. Ended up in the bin. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

We had a delivery from Tolteca last night and it was really really good. We love Mexican food here in the Merkin house and this was top quality. I had a steak burrito with pinto beans, guac, lashings of green chilli salsa, cheese, rice and lettuce. Mr. Merkin had a chicken burrito in hot chipotle. Very high quality ingredients and very tasty. Just wondering how long is considered decent to order from there again. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Merkin wrote: »
    We had a delivery from Tolteca last night and it was really really good. We love Mexican food here in the Merkin house and this was top quality. I had a steak burrito with pinto beans, guac, lashings of green chilli salsa, cheese, rice and lettuce. Mr. Merkin had a chicken burrito in hot chipotle. Very high quality ingredients and very tasty. Just wondering how long is considered decent to order from there again. :o

How does it compare to Boojum? I absolutely love Boojum but willing to try somewhere new, if only for a variation of the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Hi L'prof, I haven't actually get sampled the delights of Boojum so I can't say but if definetely recommend it if you like Mexican.

Hi L'prof, I haven't actually get sampled the delights of Boojum so I can't say but if definetely recommend it if you like Mexican.

Cool, sure I'll make a point of giving it a go so one of the days and you do the same if ya spot a Boojum along your travels :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I love their burritos! You don't have to wait long before you have another :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Me and Dolbert had a tasty Indian takeaway; her treat. Followed by nine thousand margaritas.

My stomach is not thanking me right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

We had baked refried cheesy beans, tomato and chili salsa and nachos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Sirloin steak, sweet potato wedges with sweet chilli sauce and ginger, diced garlic potatoes, broccoli and sugar snap peas.

Another bbq tonight, tried my hand at some fish kebabs. Used cod, chorizo and red pepper, all served with a potato salad. Took a before and after pic as had this dread they would fall apart but they survived!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Barbecue Turkey burgers with grilled courgette, aubergine and grain salad.

386032.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

L'prof wrote: »
    How does it compare to Boojum? I absolutely love Boojum but willing to try somewhere new, if only for a variation of the same thing.

Try tucos on abbeygate street. Beats the pants off tolteca and boojum
    For me :)

Last night was medium duck breast with onion mash.

Tonight is homemade chicken stew with spuds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Cheats pizza! Garlic wrap topped with homemade tomato and basil sauce, spinach, goats cheese, buffalo mozarella, roasted peppers, a little pesto and cheddar.

Still drooling was delicious.

Apologies for the half eaten pic :D

2uo16xy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Sunday was roast beef with mash, carrot and parsnip, roasted broccoli with garlic and gravy.

Monday I used the leftover beef to make a Thai beef salad, it was beautiful and made all the nicer by dining al fresco :pac:

Making full use of the bbq before the rain, so tonight was chilli pork fillet and pepper kebabs. Served with baby potatoes and mangetout

Tinypic is not working right now for me, so I'm going with attachments instead. Which will probably be huge because they're from my phone. Sorry. :confused:

I made a vegetable and goats cheese tart, and served it with a balsamic drizzle. It was unbelievably delicious, I was amazed at how good it was. It took 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook.

• Advertisement

Tinypic is not working right now for me, so I'm going with attachments instead. Which will probably be huge because they're from my phone. Sorry. :confused:

I made a vegetable and goats cheese tart, and served it with a balsamic drizzle. It was unbelievably delicious, I was amazed at how good it was. It took 10 minutes to prep and 30 minutes to cook.

That looks really tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 15,956 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Was in France - Haute Savoie recently, and honest to God the Tartiflette is to die for.

So tasty and comforting in the cold up the mountains.

Although I replicated it, it wasn't exactly the same, maybe because I wasn't in the Alps!

the only place I found Reblochon was in Sheridans. Not cheap either, but what the heck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Chilaquiles.

13244755_10154827169107678_5752130190327941957_n.jpg?oh=c2f78d65d53f3ea18ac165f28d8022fe&oe=579B5D6B

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Chilaquiles.

We must be very common because in our house that meal is called 'nachos' :pac:

We must be very common because in our house that meal is called 'nachos' :pac:

Chilaquiles is a different beast altogether, the tortillas are cooked in the sauce until they're soft.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Chilaquiles.

Looks absolutely amazing. Deal breaker though, what's on top?

L'prof wrote:
    Looks absolutely amazing. Deal breaker though, what's on top?

Sour cream, cheese and coriander.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I boiled and baked a ham earlier this week, was sick of just having it with salads so I made a mushroom and ham pie tonight. It was kind of disappointing to be honest. Fried the mushrooms off in some butter, added in onion and the ham and then the wine. Creme fraiche added just before the oven with a handful of garden peas and then topped with puff pastry. All of that sounds really good to me to but the taste just left me a bit... Meh. The pastry was the best part and sure I bought that pre made! Not even looking forward to it for lunch tomorrow.

I still have a lot of ham left over so if anyone has any recommendations of how to use it up I would really appreciate it :)

Tonight I made a pesto pasta with bacon.

I used a sun dried tomato pesto and it was nice, seemed fragranced (almost perfume like) but was nice and importantly, edible.

Hoping to try garlic pesto next, just need to find one. :)

• Advertisement

Hoping to try garlic pesto next, just need to find one. :)

Pretty much all pestos are garlic pesto, could you maybe explain a bit more what you mean and people might be able to help/make suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement