Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Pork Souvlaki, Roasted Baby Salad Potatoes, Corn on the Cobs and Garlic White Sauce.

2E2CE249-961B-497A-9649-7B9B5FEDC133_zps4tw8zeih.jpg

Souvlaki recipe here - easy peasy lemon squeezy - big hit with the kids.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pork_souvlaki_with_58334

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Last night was steamed Hake with a Rick Stein tamarind sauce, served with baby potatoes and sugar snap peas.

Tonight was a lazy night so we just had Spag Bol and the sauce for that was a batch cook for the freezer and took no time at all to have on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Spaghetti with buttery fried mushrooms, cream & serrano ham. With a big fat handful of parmesan on top. For once I resisted the urge to start flinging big handfuls of cupboard stuff and stockpots in and it was wonderful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Breaded flat mushrooms, potato salad and mixed salad. Perfect for the warm weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Sweet potato noodles with a sauce made of garlic and cherry tomatoes, and some prawns.

Very yummy.

• Advertisement

Pizza - perfect food for watching the football :)

I made a spicy one with peppers, onions, olives and jalapenos (bit of BBQ sauce and hot sauce added to the tomato sauce for the base), and a plain one with mushrooms, peppers, onions and sweetcorn.

Spaghetti with a really simple chorizo/garlic/chili/passata sauce over. A standard dinner chez Flitworth when we're too lazy to go to the shop, too lazy to cook anything that takes more than 4 brain cells and 2 pots to put together and too embarrassed to have Mr Domino & his Magical Scooter outside our house again for the nth time in a month

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Wed: BBQ Chicken pieces with salad
    Thur: BBQ leftover chicken pieces with salad
    Wed and Thur work sambo..Leftover BBQ chicken pieces in bread with salad

Tonight: Currywurst with no salad. Thank the gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Tayto crisp sandwich and a glass of wine

I'm thirty five...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Tayto crisp sandwich and a glass of wine

I'm thirty five...

You're never too old for a crisp sandwich.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today was griddled chicken in a creamy mushroom, white wine and parsley sauce with penne. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

10zxykx.jpg

BBQ Ribs low and slow on my weber grill, 4.5 hours to be precise!

BBQ Sausage

BBQ Corn on cob

With a side of Cornbread and Slaw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

lamb meatball vindaloo/madras with chickpeas,slow cooker for 5 hours

ogkzus.jpg

Chicken noodle soup. Surprisingly lovely chicken noodle soup. Roasted some chicken thighs & shredded the meat into the bottom of two bowls. Made up a big pot of chicken stock(pots) and simmered it with a chili, a scallion, a big chunk of ginger, a squished clove of garlic & a star anise. Dash of rice wine, squeeze of lemon & soy.

Poured the lovely broth (minus the bits used to flavour it) over chicken & soba noodles, added a swirl of chili & sesame oil & dark soy and some scallion & grated ginger. Happy bellies!

EvDlhuC.jpg

Had a lovely slow Sunday, so around mid-day I brought out the slow cooker.
    Dinner was burritos with a Venezuelan black bean stew, guacamole and a tomato salsa. Very yummy, and I've got enough black beans left over to make black bean burgers sometime during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Friday night: Hanger steak with smoked paprika roasted garlic & sweet potato, salad and chipotle yoghurt dressing.

13466048_10154914147512678_1057868411261673216_n.jpg?oh=64b48b29fd2c9118bf7164e3f00e0e93&oe=57DC47F7

Saturday: Coq au vin.

13509046_10154922289447678_5997522477267456534_n.jpg?oh=f7e40b437947f2a37d5ae2e2aae75875&oe=57DE1481

Last night was a takeaway, so no pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Friday night: Hanger steak with smoked paprika roasted garlic & sweet potato, salad and chipotle yoghurt dressing.

Did you put the smoked paprika on the steak whilst cooking it?

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Did you put the smoked paprika on the steak whilst cooking it?

Nope, the smoked paprika went on the garlic & sweet potato, along with a good pinch of cayenne and ground coriander and some oil to bind it all.

I season my steaks with equal parts salt, pepper and garlic granules. Brush the steaks with oil before you season them and don't oil the pan when you cook.

Nope, the smoked paprika went on the garlic & sweet potato, along with a good pinch of cayenne and ground coriander and some oil to bind it all.

I season my steaks with equal parts salt, pepper and garlic granules. Brush the steaks with oil before you season them and don't oil the pan when you cook.

Thats great, thanks. a really good tip re oiling the steaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Monday roast :o
    Roast chicken and stuffing, potatoes, carrots, peas and gravy.

• Advertisement

Asian pork & noodle salad.

13445515_10154925195302678_5235072452561151742_n.jpg?oh=43ee45f18c1063f32d9daa0199ceb8c2&oe=57DAE406

We had leftover black bean stew, so had that over some baked potatoes, with lots of cheese and sour cream :

2d98k1j.jpg

Asian pork & noodle salad.

looks delicious, can you share the recipe please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Last night was split pea Dahl with a side of green beans

Tonight was Turkey and prawn Pad Thai

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Chickpea and spinach curry with garlic and coriander naan - my fall-back dinner when I can't come up with anything exciting to cook!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Chickpea and spinach curry with garlic and coriander naan - my fall-back dinner when I can't come up with anything exciting to cook!

Sounds delicious, would you mind posting the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Mod: A reminder to all that this thread is for posting about the meals we've enjoyed.....or not! :) While we're not completely adverse to people asking for recipes, this can only really be done when regular contribution is made to the thread with your own meals and ideas. This is all in the interest of fairness and to prevent every second post being a recipe request. Hope that's clear to all. Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I had a really busy day and when I got in at 10 I was starving. I was in no mood to cook so I made a roll. Nice soft ciabatta with pesto, potato salad made with sour cream, chives and heinz mayonnaise (the only mayonnaise worth using if you're not making your own! :pac:), big chunks of cheddar, sweetcorn, red onion and grated carrot. With a side of wheelies crisps and a big glass of cab sav.

Can't beat a nice sambo for dinner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Finally found a decent "Asian" takeaway here. The chinese takeaway as it exists in Ireland doesn't really exist in this part of France, it's more like Vietnamese (because of France's colonial history there). Anyway, we had Orange chicken, and beef with mushrooms. Lovely spring rolls and nems too.
    It was yum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Last night was Hake & Salmon with baby potatoes and carrots. Chicken skewers for the child.

Tonight I've a slow cooker roast chicken with a chipotle & citrus rub from Dunnes I'm trying for the first time. Will serve it with baby potatoes, carrots and sugar snap peas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement