Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Sapphire wrote: »
    Last night was Hake & Salmon with baby potatoes and carrots. Chicken skewers for the child.

Tonight I've a slow cooker roast chicken with a chipotle & citrus rub from Dunnes I'm trying for the first time. Will serve it with baby potatoes, carrots and sugar snap peas.

Let us know how it goes, I never have any success with chicken in the slow cooker.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Zelda247 wrote: »
    Let us know how it goes, I never have any success with chicken in the slow cooker.

I did one a few weeks ago and it turned out really succulent. I did a recipe where I put a quartered lemon, garlic cloves and rosemary in the cavity and around the base of the slow cooker. It was lovely but I'd use less lemon the next time. I sat the chicken up on thick lemon slices so it didnt have a soggy or greasy underside.

None of us in the family bother with the skin (a sin, I know!!) so crispy skin lovers would probably need to transfer it to a roasting tray and give it a blast under a grill or in a hot oven before serving.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I haven't posted here recently. But I have been obsessed with my recent purchase - a pressure cooker.
    I made the most amazing carnitas I ever had in my life (and I'm not exaggerating!) on Sunday. It took 45 minutes in pressure cooker to get the most tender, pullable pork I've ever made.

Finished the amazingness last night by mixing last bit in some tomato and chilli passata with some wholemeal pasta and parmesan.

yW8U7Pe.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was mashed buttery spuds with salmon with a spicy rub. Very tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A summer tagine with harissa and green grapes, with buttered mint & coriander couscous. Shit photo, but it was utterly delicious and I have enough leftover to have it again tonight, yay!

13524527_10154935293767678_6061977825930980293_n.jpg?oh=21dae48bc6845f9fc2d5dcaa58275492&oe=5803A5FB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Taco wedges Wednesday night. So good i was ordered to make them again last night! Cropped out messy plate :p

14afujd.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Lots of good eats lately, although mostly solo as my other half is away.

Tuesday: Chicken kiev with potato wedges and sugar snap peas
    Wednesday: Scallops, followed by ribeye steak with fried onions, corn on the cob and a crunchy salad
    Thursday: Maple, soy and garlic roasted salmon with mushroom risotto and spinach salad

I think it'll be a Chinese takeaway tonight.

Did a lovely Cottage pie and added a teaspoon of Harissa.... added a delicious flavour indeed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken stir fry here last night, with tons of veg and toasted sesame seeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

L'prof wrote: »
    Taco wedges Wednesday night. So good i was ordered to make them again last night! Cropped out messy plate :p

http://i64.tinypic.com/14afujd.jpg

The cropping makes it look like a photo you'd see on the menu board of a shifty kebab shop in Magalluf.

Taco fries are a solid favourite in our house. Had it two nights in a row this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My husband did a savage fish pie tonight. I was in serious need of comfort food so it really hit the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Toasted brioche buns filled with homemade guacamole (Jamie Oliver recipe, it's absolutely amazing), panfried chicken, grated cheddar, lettuce and red onion.

I always mean to take a picture but somehow it just finds it way into my gob before I can get the phone out! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Last night I went to Klaw & had a very tasty lobster roll an split some ok Mac & Cheese with my sister. The roll was lovely, although at €16 for what's in the photo it shall be an occasional treat :)

26CN3Qh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pan fried salmon with sautéed potatoes and tomatoes with pesto (my first time! :p) Yes its very routine but it's food and quick....

salmon.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Two fillet steak wraps with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, sliced peppers, coleslaw and red pepper relish. They were yum and hit the spot.

I am going to try to marinade a couple of steaks with Harissa tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Beef casserole with carrots and parsnips. A side of broccoli and new spuds!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

We bought a pizza stone in Lidl recently and have been using it a LOT. This evening we had a white pizza with feta and spinach. Salad on the side.

FtWR71K.jpg?1

Patriotic dinner ahead of the game tomorrow

dkEXCXv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Half price roast pork from super value,garlic n herb seasoned fat..mmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Lasagne, which was wonderful despite badly screwing up the white sauce to the point where it seperated (while, it must be noted, smugly thinking about how I make a perfect bechamel every time without measuring anything. Hubris, how are ya). We made a ragu for it that we left on for about 3 hours and it was very much lovely. Also, I found wavy lasagne sheets!! I haven't seen those in ages. I am convinced they taste nicer than the flat ones.

wyBqGlf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Roast chicken, new potatoes and fine green beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Lasagne, which was wonderful despite badly screwing up the white sauce to the point where it seperated (while, it must be noted, smugly thinking about how I make a perfect bechamel every time without measuring anything. Hubris, how are ya). We made a ragu for it that we left on for about 3 hours and it was very much lovely. Also, I found wavy lasagne sheets!! I haven't seen those in ages. I am convinced they taste nicer than the flat ones.

Lasagne here too, after all. Did a slow-cooked ragu too, but I've never tried making the white sauce, mine was straight from Mr Dolmio! Made extra lasagne sheets last time I did lasagne and froze them in sheets with greaseproof paper in between, bit of an experiment and they turned out perfectly after a quick dip in boiling water. Will definitely be making extra batches for freezing again, saves lots of time.

20160625_234825.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

We finally got to use a voucher for Bistro 53 in Maynooth while our friends kindly babysat. It's truly excellent Italian fare and the waiters were great with husband's various intolerances! We started with some bruscetta and some slow-cooked chicken wings. For mains I had the bacon-wrapped chicken with mashed potato, asparagus and a red pepper and cream cheese sauce; he had the pork belly with black pudding, new potatoes and apple sauce. We finished with a strawberry panna cotta and glass of fancy port. So good and we even had a nice night for the stroll back :)

2dw7tk2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Lasagne here too, after all. Did a slow-cooked ragu too, but I've never tried making the white sauce, mine was straight from Mr Dolmio! Made extra lasagne sheets last time I did lasagne and froze them in sheets with greaseproof paper in between, bit of an experiment and they turned out perfectly after a quick dip in boiling water. Will definitely be making extra batches for freezing again, saves lots of time.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16892719/20160625_234825.png
    Any chance of a recipe for this? It looks sublime.

Last night for me was griddled chicken in a wrap with salad and some chips on the side.

Tonight is roast chicken breast with veg, mash and chicken gravy. I can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭nicki11

Thai green chicken curry with basmati rice num :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Beef Kofte with Sumac, served with a Yoghurt & Thyme dip

kof_zpsejrqeijp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,771 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where do you all get your harissa from? We made Moroccan eggs for lunch yesterday and tried Lidl, Super Valu and Tesco to no avail :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

tesco do it,powder and paste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Sunday roast beef on a Monday. Followed by Rhubarb and ginger crumble and cream.

Confession: I had 5 yorkshires! :)

A5FA943D-9E9D-488D-9050-C9AD7E8B6943_zps5wb9sqa8.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement