Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Cold cooked salmon with potato salad, beetroot, cucumber and carrots.
    Nice and cool for the hot weather.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Nice and cool for the hot weather.

Now you're just showing off :rolleyes:

It's miserable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

No pics but had a bit of a day cooking for friends yesterday.
    Yellow split pea dahl. Spice stuffed baby aubergines. Cabbage with mustard seeds. Cucumber raita. Fresh green chutney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

No pics but had a bit of a day cooking for friends yesterday.
    Yellow split pea dahl. Spice stuffed baby aubergines. Cabbage with mustard seeds. Cucumber raita. Fresh green chutney.

That really all sounds fab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Fresh green chutney sounds awesome tBR, how do you make it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

I have a Darina Green Tomato Chutney recipe I want to try. Now just to track down the green tomatoes....

If you're in Dublin, Sapphire, Fallon & Byrne have green tomatoes :) So you could make 2 jars and give me one as a finders fee. Totally fair.

I'm down the country :( I'll ask around the area though, there is bound to be someone who knows someone who can supply me with some.

When I make it, you could visit with your fancy cheeses from the Continent and we can gorge ourselves silly with cheese and crackers and wine, deal?

Heh. I just realised my first sentence makes it sound like a slightly illegal smuggling operation :p

I have a great mental image of us hiding down a laneway, furtively dipping crackers & cheese straight into the jar of chutney and legging it when the fuzz arrive :)

• Advertisement

:pac:

If I make lots we could become dealers. Cook it in a caravan in the wilds of Connemara, recruit other boardsies to deal it in exchange for a jar...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

It's not chutney as you might know it.
    It was fresh mint, coriander, green chilli, salt, sugar and cumin blitzed for ages then lime juice added.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken breast potatoes and veg all roasted together. Very tasty, and easy on the washing up :)

i5wsw1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mussels with garlic, chilli and chorizo with samphire.

2A5E1B3A-7F9E-4CF0-B612-44B2C646FC6B_zpsyo7mtvyn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Poached smoked haddock with white sauce (made from the fish cooking liquor), served with a garlic, lemon and herb rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Chicken breast potatoes and veg all roasted together. Very tasty, and easy on the washing up :)

How long did you roast for and what temperature please?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Zelda247 wrote: »
    That looks fab, did you make your own sauce?
    Could you share the amount please?
    How long did you roast for and what temperature please?

Mod: Zelda247, in light of my recent warning which has unfortunately gone unheeded, we would ask posters to contribute to the thread as per the thread title. Asking occasionally for a recipe/tip is fine but most of your posts are in this vein rather than contributing to the thread itself which is unfair to other posters.

I haven't had dinner yet, but I can't wait. A huge 4 cheese fresh pizza, rosemary potato wedges, garlic and chive mayo/sour cream dip with chives (first thing I'm gonna eat from our newly planted herb thingy), salad leaves, also from the garden and a bottle of red wine. Lemon sorbet and a kinder bueno for dessert.

If I don't check in for a few days, send a crane. I intend to eat myself into a stupor!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Whispered wrote: »
    I haven't had dinner yet, but I can't wait. A huge 4 cheese fresh pizza, rosemary potato wedges, garlic and chive mayo/sour cream dip with chives (first thing I'm gonna eat from our newly planted herb thingy), salad leaves, also from the garden and a bottle of red wine. Lemon sorbet and a kinder bueno for dessert.

If I don't check in for a few days, send a crane. I intend to eat myself into a stupor!

I'm so jealous!

I'm so jealous!

I woul be too tbh. :p

Although if it makes you feel better, it'll be 10 before I get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Fishcakes and salad here tonight :)

Love those fishcakes from Aldi, only €1.99 too.

pExVEw5.jpg

Chicken satay. I used a bbcgoodfood recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had beef in black bean sauce (aldi sauce) but I added onions and lots of red peppers and it was delicious serviced with basmati rice.

We also had homemade rhubarb crumble and custard.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Last night was filo parcels with Cashel blue cheese, sweet potatoes and spinach. Served with a side salad and some Cab Sav.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Last night I made a spice bag. I used my housemates spices and they were way too hot :o

Tonight I have a twist on bacon and cabbage.

Sauteed cabbage with smoked pancetta, garlic, mushrooms and onions with garlic potatoes and roasted broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Home made goujons in Italian flat bread with garlic and sweet chilli dressing ,home made slaw,spicy sweet potato wedges,deep fried chicken leg..yum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom, courgette and yellow pepper stroganoff with lots of gherkins and green olives stirred through and toasted almonds slices on top. Too yummy, and I was too hungry to take pictures.

Bolognese pasta bake with a ton of mozzarella and grated cheddar on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Wrecked from a weekend of camping so cooking was the last thing we wanted to do. Stopped into the fantastic SuperValu in Clonakilty on the way home and picked up some chicken korma from the deli, made pilau rice at home and found a naan languishing in the freezer - just what the doctor ordered and minimal washing up :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I was about to start making a salad but my aunt just rocked up from work and presented me with food! She's a midwife and one of the doctors or nurses with her makes massive tubs of food and brings it in to share out. Auntie hates hot food but knows I love it so I am the very happy benefactor:D
    So I've got a very tasty pilau rice dish, some spicy chicken in a red sauce. Not sure what it is but it's very hot. Plus some fried fish goujons and a little patty thing that's like a kofte.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement