Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

On Thursday evening I was in the city centre at a loose end, so I wandered into Tokyoeats by the ha'penny bridge there on the south side of the river and had their 5 2 8 special. Chicken gyozas and chicken teriyaki, with sticky rice. And they give you a bowl of miso soup if you set your foot in the door, so I had that too. No alcohol. Didn't bother...

I lost my smart phone last weekend, so no pics.

I was in Wexford visiting friends with a young baby over this weekend. Had Kilmore Quay fresh cod and chips out of the chipper in Blackwater. Very nice and tasty. Beat my original choice of a kebab or something!

No pics, and it's a pity cos it's a gorgeous village and the hinterland too. When it didn't rain. Only showers, to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Spicy chicken wings, sticky Japanese rice & a warm salad of green beans & pak choi with a soy, rice wine, ginger & chilli dressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Saturday night we had baked portobello mushrooms filled with herbs and cottage cheese, Russian eggs and potato salad :

xfyl2c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Went out for dinner with a buddy last night (to the washerwoman in Glasnevin for any Dublin boardsies) and had mackerel with fennel, chicory and baby gem salad, buttermilk & horseradish potatoes and mustard dressing. Potentially would have liked more horseradish but apart from that it was delightful and everthing but the fin devoured. Split some fab chips and finished with coffee. And it was nice enough to walk home after. Winner, winner, fishy dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had pork chops, M&S mash and Aldi frozen peas/brocolli/sugar snaps.... easy peasy and delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I went to Eatily on Saturday night. Starter was Goats Cheese and Pesto Cornetto’s, Pecan Praline, Blood Orange and Beetroot

IMG_6141%20copy_zpspxqqjvgt.jpg

Main was Roast Rump of Leccese Lamb, Sprouting Broccoli, Gorgonzola Jelly, Smoked Almonds, Roast Spring Garlic and Agrodolce Sauce.

IMG_6154%20copy_zpsw3o4qasv.jpg

I'm inspired to make a goats cheese salad for lunch tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I went to Eatily on Saturday night. Starter was Goats Cheese and Pesto Cornetto’s, Pecan Praline, Blood Orange and Beetroot

Main was Roast Rump of Leccese Lamb, Sprouting Broccoli, Gorgonzola Jelly, Smoked Almonds, Roast Spring Garlic and Agrodolce Sauce.

Oh my. Oh my oh my oh my.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

SB_Part2 wrote: »

I'm inspired to make a goats cheese salad for lunch tomorrow.

Where is this place? Your meal looks great but their stylish website is unhelpfully cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

No dinner after a big lunch, but did whip up a nice rhubarb and apple crumble. Rhubarb came fresh from my brother's garden and used braeburn apples so it had a nice sweet/tart flavour mix with firm apple pieces. Was lovely with some nice double cream over it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

hardCopy wrote: »
    Where is this place? Your meal looks great but their stylish website is unhelpfully cryptic.

It's on Parliment Street in Dublin. It's a pop up and I think it's finished now unless it's been extended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

Sushi and beer. My life is complete :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pasta with lardons, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in a creamy white wine sauce, watermelon for afters. :) ðŸ‰

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Falafel, houmous, tsatsiki, lettuce, onion, peppers, cucumber, tomato - all stuffed into warm pita pouches, drizzled with Frank's hot sauce and devoured while watching a Brian Cox documentary.
    Moments like this reconcile you with life. :D

Mexican Chicken (Maggi pack, added 2 diced breasts, 1 red and 1 yellow pepper plus 2 red onions) served with Brown Basmati rice.

We had chicken & rice too :) 'Popcorn'* shortgrain brown rice and chicken stir fried with ginger, garlic, spring onion & green pepper. Rice wine, soy and then a dollop of Laoganma chili black bean on top serving it.

*burnt it a bit when toasting the rice at the beginning. Picked out the worst offenders and then offered it up as a 'new thing' rather than 'I've burnt dinner, deal with it'

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Last night was Chicken Korma, from a jar but still tasty. Tonight's lamb tagine is in the slow cooker for later.

I actually have all my meals planned out for the week and all the stuff bought for them. I r adulting good.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

Made my gai pad med mamuang(chicken and cashew nuts) last night, i've been told its tastier than any takeaway....but in my head its not as good as the first time I had it in a restaurant...possibly missing some MSG :D

Normally dont post but last night was a ground breaker on the rice front.

Rinsed rice well beforehand, brought water to boil in the saucepan, threw on the lid and turned off the heat. I cant remember where I read it but tried it, apparently the rice cooks in the steam.

Hey Presto, no rice stuck to the saucepan, NONE! Definitely doing this from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Dinner/supper/tea this evening was a make uppy hash of leftovers from the fridge.
    Onion, garlic, shredded kale saut ed in butter added in leftover corned beef and cold sliced new potatoes (left from today's lunch) an egg and some grated cheese. Mixed up in the pan and finished off under the grill. It was very satisfying.

The little people had a boiled egg in a cup with bread and a wedge of cold salmon in their hands. Full tummies all around.

33e0hlg.jpg

Rump steak sambo with some salad, and onions fried in the rendered beef fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last night was Roast chicken breasts with a chilli rub, with buttery cous cous & roasted peppers filled with cherry tomatoes, basil & feta, & a splash of balsamic vinegar.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

MysteryEgg, that sure doesn't look like your dinner! :D

5b62m4Lm.jpg

I think your link got recycled ;)

Chicken fried rice with peas added in post-production because of our resident legumophobe. It was yummy, g'bless MSG & 'angry lady' black bean sauce :)

rnkJ2J2.jpg

That's mad, Faith! I see a steak sammidge!

Faith wrote: »
    MysteryEgg, that sure doesn't look like your dinner! :D

5b62m4Lm.jpg

I think your link got recycled ;)

Very weird, it looks totally normal to me! Can others see it?

It's a steak sammidge over this way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Very weird, it looks totally normal to me! Can others see it?

I also see a steak sandwich! :)

Dinner tonight was stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon, with baked potatoes, peas, carrots and gravy.

Strange! The address of the image I can see is tinypic so I don't think it's anything nefarious on my end. Let me clear my cache...

Edit: Cache cleared, gaming picture remains. Same when I go into Incognito mode, and in a different browser. An odd one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I see the steak sandwich too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I also see the steak sandwich. It looks amazing.

I've no idea what's going on on my end so. I can see the sandwich on my phone :). It looks great!

Okay, I cleared everything and now I see the sandwich on my computer :o. Sorry for the confusion, everyone! :D

• Advertisement

A lazy night. Aldi chunky chips and Sausages, plus Heinz Baked Beans.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement