Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Been a while since I uploaded any pics here.
    So, recent dinner in the garden was Lidl Silver Hill duck confit, wet polenta, wilted kale from the garden with garlic and roast tomatoes with thyme.

mWkr4I4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Got some chicken wings at the weekend. Crazy as it sounds, I've been meaning to bone out and stuff a chicken wing for ages. Turns out to not be very difficult at all. It's a little fiddly but that's all. Search youtube to see how to do it. I did 2 and stuffed them with prawns, ginger, chilli, garlic, lime zest and juice and fresh mint leaves leaves. Good enough to do again , methinks:D

The rest of the wings I oven roasted and gave my variation on Buffalo wings treatment. (grated onion, tamarind extract and a little sugar added to the Frank's Hotsauce and butter formula)

QyL8TkN.jpg

D37ohbn.jpg

a9Ruotj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

^Stuffed chicken wings! I could die a happy man after eating them..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Super lazy dinner tonight.

Sweet potato fries topped with bbq beef, mushrooms, onions and Montgomery Jack cheese

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I had some uninspiring looking pork chops, so I threw them into the slow cooker with a load of veg, half a tin of tomatoes and some stock. It turned into something delicious.

2rmmlch.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Mexican chicken pasta, mild for the softies and with a rake of sriracha for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Linguine with a chili/garlic/tomato & bacon sauce. And entirely unneccessary mini mozzarella balls which will be left out next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Giant garden cauliflower!
    FPm1tApl.jpg

Equals a delicious part of the first 'garden dinner' of the summer.

Schpuds, chard & cauli cheese. The Sue slices are free range but not from the garden unfortunately.

TeSPYd8l.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Back page pizzas watching the footie:

The Sonia O'Sullivan for himself, and a Goran Ivanisevic for me
    http://the-back-page.com/menu/

OMG, first time trying these but they were awesome!

The Sonia O'Sullivan for himself, and a Goran Ivanisevic for me
    http://the-back-page.com/menu/

That's my Back Page pizza of choice, too :):) really, seriously ridiculously good pizzas there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My friend cooked a beautiful, sunshiney, simple dinner for us last night.

Fried chorizo, tossed with lightly cooked onions and asparagus and chunks of roasted beetroot and sweet potato, mixed with pasta.

Topped with pesto and chopped fresh tomatoes.

Sounds like an odd combination but it wasn't - it was extremely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had mince with Aldi Specially Selected Pasta Sauce with Chili (excellent) and wholewheat pasta.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

A chicken fillet burger and chips. On the beach :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Beige dinner - broccoli and cheese escalope and wedges. But never mind because I'm going to Paris tonight, wahoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

That's my Back Page pizza of choice, too :):) really, seriously ridiculously good pizzas there.

Mine too!

Made Thai green curry with chicken and prawns tonight, and decided to have a go at making my own paste, which went fairly well. The only thing is that while it was simmering I noticed it was extremely oily. Like, a thick film of oil on top of the curry. I made a large batch and used 2 tins of coconut milk, which could be the problem. I've never noticed that any time I've made it before, is it normal?

Beige dinner - broccoli and cheese escalope and wedges. But never mind because I'm going to Paris tonight, wahoo!

Food heaven! Enjoy :)

I'll be keeping a beady on other Goran eaters when next I find myself in the Back Page :D:D

Tonight I had tagliatelle with cherry tomatoes & olive oil followed by strawberries & meringue/cream in my aunty's house. And then I came home and ate an entire cup of IKEA pick n mix that was bought for me :( I feel quite ill

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A lazy night: these have been sitting in my cupboard for a while: http://www.hjheinz.ie/en/Products/Beanz-and-Pulses/Products/Heinz-Dahl%20Curry-Lentils

Had a bowl of them tonight, with a big dollop of yoghurt, little bit of sliced fresh chilli and a bit of coriander sprinkled over - and they weren't terrible. Spicing level was neither bland nor overpowering. Made for a convenient snack. Some rice would make it a relatively decent quick meal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We had three wrap pizzas between four of us. One with a slightly chilli-fied tomato sauce, peppers, onions, sweet corn and mature cheddar, one with garlic and basil sauce and mozerella and one with heaps of oregano, feta, red onion, olives and cherry tomato.

Served with wedges (from a packet), coleslaw, smokey chipotle mayonnaise and tomato cucumber salad.

Followed by a very disappointing goodfellas dessert pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight was a chicken salad sandwich. I roasted a chicken breast on the bone and had it in ciabatta bread with spinach, tomato, red onion, cucumber and garlic mayo. Delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I got some of the lovely Turkish special offers in Lidl at the moment. We had Pide, Borek and I made us some tabouleh to go with it (just so I could say I had cooked something rather than just re-heated). The Pide was a bit on the bland side, but the cheese Borek were seriously yum.

15mkck3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had Aldi Chicken Kiev Supreme (love this!) roasted sweet potatoes which a touch of smoked paprika, rocket, sweetcorn, baby tomatoes, spring onion, beetroot and coleslaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Last nights efforts was Bobotie and saffron rice. Tonight will likely be lazy takeaway orders and tomorrow I'll go early and pick up some fresh fish from the market to restock the freezer - squid, ling, scallops and tuna are on my list so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Last night I was falling with tiredness so a lazy dinner was on the cards - fish fingers, carrots, beans and baked potato, a very orange plate of food but totally yum

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Late night at the office yesterday. Too tired to eat when I got home so dinner turned out to be a packet of wine gums I had on the train home.

Beef, lemon & chilli ramen noodles tonight! Get in ma belly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The lack of pictures in this thread is disappointing :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The lack of pictures in this thread is disappointing :(

You should post some, then :)

A lot of people simply don't have the time or inclination to take careful pictures of their dinners before eating then, upload them and then post them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Faith wrote: »
    You should post some, then :)

A lot of people simply don't have the time or inclination to take careful pictures of their dinners before eating then, upload them and then post them here.

Unfortunately, Im a creature of habit and eat the same lunch and dinner everyday for months. Honestly.

I was hoping if I regularly post stern reminders in this thread people will think about taking pics before eating. Then by HWIHFDLN Part 4, there'll be a pic with every post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I was out for dinner tonight and had a steak sandwich with onions and mushrooms served on ciabatta bread with potato salad, coleslaw, regular salad and chips on the side.

Chocolate fudge cake for desert with strawberries and cream.

Stuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Wrap with "Mexican" style scrambled egg (cumin, chilli powder and a squeeze of tomato puree etc to flavour it up), sliced tomato, coriander, melted cheese all topped off with a good dash of hot sauce :D

Tex-mex-(con)fusion-breakfast-for-dinner :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement