Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

We had Green Saffron Chicken Korma in the slow cooker last night. A little watery but great taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

hardCopy wrote: »
    We had Green Saffron Chicken Korma in the slow cooker last night. A little watery but great taste.

I tried both the jalfrezi and "the hot one" curry from that range and I found them both disgustingly sweet, practically inedible! But I've heard such good things about them from people that I'm wondering if I just picked bad ones?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Gran luchito Shepard's pie with Cajun spiced roast cauliflower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I.5 bratwurst, slightly stale baguette, mustard and ketchup. Eyes closed and pretending to be at some kind of Fest. Doggy had the second 0.5 of a brat and then I had a load of grapes. He's still staring at me an hour later trying to trick me into making him more

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I had Mrs B's spag bol (with carrots). ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Aldi Pepper Streaks, rocket, sweetcorn, potato salad and beetroot, yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chickpea and spinach curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Sapphire

Last night was hake with tamarind sauce on the side, baby potatoes, petit pois and roast fennel with parmesan crust.

Tonight will be slow cooker roast chicken, sugar snap peas and roast baby potatoes.

Went to Union 8 in Kilmainham last night. Really impressed. Had a beautiful fillet steak with duck fat chips, bf had duck (no pic). For dessert we had rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice-cream, and chocolate fondant with pistachio ice-cream.

Xq84kB7.jpg

QA2mlQx.jpg

Wd8UhEt.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

^ That really does look lovely but I can't stop laughing at that lonely blueberry :D:D

Kovu wrote: »
    ^ That really does look lovely but I can't stop laughing at that lonely blueberry :D:D

Ha I know, I did wonder had it fallen on there by accident :D It was the only thing left on the plate at the end. Poor blueberry :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Kovu wrote: »

+ the 4 chips!

RasTa wrote: »
    + the 4 chips!

There were 6 actually :pac:

We ordered a side portion of fries cos we heard the portions were a bit small but the steak and 6 very-chunky chips was plenty (and I have a big appetite!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Lidls minute steaks with wedges, salad and brocolli, delish!

A really very lovely brown rice jambalaya (made mostly using this recipe, but with chorizo instead of andouille sausage and chunks of leftover turkey instead of prawns). It filled the hole left in my heart by a truly rubbish jambalaya ordered at my work Christmas dinner and has healed the hurt.

0gyfbyy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last night was roast chicken, carrots, broccoli, mash and gravy.

Oven baked spicy salmon with salad tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I had loads of leftover roast beef so had it cold withba selection of salads.

Homemade Cottage pie, plus peas, sugar snaps, and broccoli.

A burger king cheese burger kids meal inc. Gary the Snail windup. Followed by Ben & Jerrys (chunky monkey AND phish food) and Ghostbusters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I made a creamy pasta dish with cream, eggs, bacon and mushrooms dried herbs and black pepper. Did garlic bread too. Delicious.

x25vza.jpg

We had roast chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, rocket, tomatoes, sweetcorn, and beetroot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Went to Featherblade to try their new burger. It was made from brisket, aged striploin and chuck. TBH I didn't like it. I'm not a huge fan of the flavour of brisket and found it very over powering in the burger.

IMG_6198%20copy_zpstikim14c.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Homemade crab cakes (using tinned crab, as the local fishmongers only had Dungeness crab for $50/lb :eek:), served on a bed of baby spinach, with roasted red pepper and sweet potato wedges and a sweet chilli mayonnaise. Really tasty, and pretty healthy, all things considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Bit of a weird one. Bbq pork chops with a side salad with lemon and garlic dressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Pasta arrabiata with added chicken and chorizo, and a chocolate fudge brownie for dessert

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

After a busy Sunday visiting family and friends, I was too hot to cook but starving. Rustled up an Italian feast: bruschetta pomodoro, avoca pasta salad, caprese salad and salami and Parma ham, washed down with a lovely glass of Chianti- perfect!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I had Frank's wings and potato wedges, with some garlic dip. And a bottle of Coke for my filthy post-hen party hangover. Thank you Dominos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Warm duck salad, with orange, walnut, beetroot, baby potato, goats cheese and greens

• Advertisement

Warm duck salad, with orange, walnut, beetroot, baby potato, goats cheese and greens

Gosh that sounds fab....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement