Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Should go in the cooking disasters thread. Made a baked bread coated goats cheese salad with a walnut vinaigrette and buttered pecans. I cooked the goats cheese too high and they just melted all over the baking tray. Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Mushroom and pea risotto with stuffed baked portobello mushrooms

15e8z81.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Toasted brie sambo with homemade egg mayo and a tomato and basil mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Still in Spain, invited to a friend of a friend for tapas.

22E93B51-6D9D-441E-BDF2-A089A153CCB6_zpstj9ax7wk.jpg

From left to right.....
    Ham, cheese and a pumpkin spread sandwiched in puff pastry.
    A Russian salad with seafood, potatoes and mayonnaise.
    Slices of goats cheese and watercress.
    Baby clams fried in oil and garlic.
    Prawns with aliola.
    A gazpacho-type soup with diced pancetta.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Grilled pork chops stuffed with apple, steamed broccoli & new season Queens with lots of butter & pepper.

If any of you are out in north county Dublin - try & pick up a chit or two of Rush Queens. They are spud 'royalty'!

The late season Queens make wonderful floury mash & are great for roasting too. The unwashed spuds are best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

We had cumberland sausages from Supervalu and chips and beans, lazy food.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Chicken with rice and taco seasoning, and a side salad.

Going to have to pick up some seafood, too hot for anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We went to a restaurant for what feels like the first time in forever last night. The inside of the restaurant is beautiful and old but it was such a nice warm evening that we sat outside on the terrace. We got the set menu which had lots of local foods on it. We ordered both of the starters and mains, and the dessert of the day, which was the ile flottante (absolutely delicious!).
    I was very happy with it, I'll definitely go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Barbecue last night. Minute steaks with baked potatoes and grilled aubergine.

BBQ last night as well. Had some cod, leftover roast potatoes, corn in the husks and picked up some pork rissoles in the butchers.

IMG_6247_zpsl2ufgxvf.jpg

IMG_6253_zpsjrri6nwf.jpg

For dessert I made butter pecan ice cream and threw in some chocolate buttons 'cause I'm a big child.

IMG_6257_zps53njcdes.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Got me some of them good SA Boer dogs from the Galway market,also got some of her love chilli sauce... Aldi brioche buns,fried onions,the chilli,mango chutney,ketchup,mustard... Divine..

I ate all four 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Bbq turkey burgers with an assortment of salads, the nicest being a pineapple, beetroot and goats cheese mix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Haddock goujons with various bits of salad. Had the same yesterday - it's salad weather after all!

2016-07-19%2019.01.06.jpg

Had a pizza inspired by the pizza flour thread. Used the dough recipe from the Death by Cheese recipe in Cooking Club, a basic tomato sauce, topped it with 2 kinds of mozzarella, sundried tomato, serrano ham, mushroom, and spinach. I cooked it using the hot-pan-and-grill method and, well, my eyes have been opened! Almost perfectly cooked (I just need practise) with a crispy base. Delicious.

photo%206_zpswpcaacpv.jpg

Had the M&S sage crusted pork chops with apple and shallot butter. Unreal. Will def buy them again.

IMG_6266_zps38yntxcf.jpg

Mexican Chicken (from the Maggi packet) and brown rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

kylith wrote: »
    Had a pizza inspired by the pizza flour thread. Used the dough recipe from the Death by Cheese recipe in Cooking Club, a basic tomato sauce, topped it with 2 kinds of mozzarella, sundried tomato, serrano ham, mushroom, and spinach. I cooked it using the hot-pan-and-grill method and, well, my eyes have been opened! Almost perfectly cooked (I just need practise) with a crispy base. Delicious.

I've been staring at this pizza longingly for way too long now......

bigronnie9 wrote: »
    I've been staring at this pizza longingly for way too long now......

It was soooo good! The way it bubbled up as soon as it hit the hot pan.... If I'd only remembered I had anchovies.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bigronnie9

kylith wrote: »
    It was soooo good! The way it bubbled up as soon as it hit the hot pan.... If I'd only remembered I had anchovies.

Looks unbelievable :) I'm going to have to read through those threads you mentioned and give this a go at the weekend!

Made a Thai Green Curry last night. Was after picking up a small jar of green curry paste in Lidl afew weeks ago when they had an asian week, hadnt seen it before and hoped it would be better than the Blue Dragon one.... forgot all about it until yesterday. Came out of the jar in a weird consistency... added some diced garlic, ginger, chilli, some lemongrass, fish sauce, small bit of cumin and then coconut milk.

Nicest one i've made at home yet. Fried the chicken and veg separate incase they watered it down and added them into sauce at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Carbonéire. I used a tiny bit of cream in with the egg because I find that it helps prevent the whole scrambled egg thing if the pan is too hot. (I used double cream. Is that double the culinary faux pas? I'm such a rebel!) I enjoyed every single inauthentic forkful of it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Saturday: T-Bone (huge) with chips and salad.
    Sunday: Picnic at a park and a BBQ that evening.
    Monday: Leftover BBQ and a ratatouille I made on Saturday +salad
    Tuesday: Rib-eye steak and spuds+salad.
    Tonight: Fish cakes, salad and fries.

Gotta say that it is the 1st time I ever made ratatouille and I really enjoyed it. The sort of a dish I would keep picking at. All from Aldis super 6.

Carbonéire. I used a tiny bit of cream in with the egg because I find that it helps prevent the whole scrambled egg thing if the pan is too hot. (I used double cream. Is that double the culinary faux pas? I'm such a rebel!) I enjoyed every single inauthentic forkful of it!

Just wait until the Carbonazis see this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭patsypantaloni

Bill Granger's spicy chicken with cashew, cucumber, mint and chilli noodle salad, absolutely delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

A huge bowl of chicken ramen, with lots of mushroom and pak choi, topped with a sprinkle of crushed roasted cashews.

Pasta sauce (Aldi Speciality Pasta Sauce Hot Chilli) Minced beef & Onion plus Wholewheat Pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Chicken chapchae noodle from Papa rich Galway,korean dish with ginger,****ake,seaweed etc .. delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

****ake

This censoring cheered me up no end, total childish giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Work has been savage recently & food has been bottom of my list of priorities over the past few days. Mrs B messaged me yesterday asking what I wanted for dinner as she was out shopping. I said that I'd just do a toastie & a cuppa - didn't have the time or inclination to want to have to think of anything & would go for the path of least resistance food-wise.

Well, lo & behold, when I got home last night exhausted & emotionally drained - I was presented with a 16oz Angus ribeye, a bowl of very spicy Asian slaw & a chilled bottle of pils. Sometimes I am so happy when my wife willfully chooses to ignore me. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Thursday was bolognese, simple, quick, easy and tasty.

Last night was griddled spicy chicken, boiled new potatoes with butter and scallion, along with a creamy-garlicky salad of tomatoes, red onion, scallion, spinach, cucumber and something else I can't remember. :o

Tonight will be new potatoes with butter and scallion, rare steak and more creamy-garlicky salad. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement