Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

That looks beautiful homemadecider. I could lick the screen. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

One of Aldi's frozen ready baked potatoes with a topping made from yogurt, cream cheese, minced scallion, garlic and parsley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Curly fries, onion rings, frozen pizza. Vanilla ice cream and sprinkles. If anyone wants to cater for a 5 year old's birthday party, it turn out I'm your woman.

I've been trying to make good salads lately. Tonight I made one of mixed leaves, roasted and cooled butternut squash and red and yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes and avocado, all dressed with oil/balsamic/honey/wholegrain mustard and topped with crushed honey roasted cashews for a bit of crunch. This was served alongside a dish of rump steak, cooked medium rare and sliced against the grain, and some crusty bread with goats cheese. It was so easy and so good. Fruit salad for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Just a simple red lentil and coconut dahl, rice and naan.
    And the last bit of cappucino walnut cake for dessert :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Yesterday, a chargrilled chicken burger with gerkins, tomatoes and cheese.....

61C024FD-37C1-4E35-8E28-C00D1D5315F8_zps74rgfldu.jpg

Tonight - Fried Sea Bass with Crispy Croutons and Spinich Salad with a Lemon Yogurt Dressing.....

34C7E12C-8389-4EBD-9390-7413D8CA2A29_zpsqdvaus4l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Homemade crispy chicken and chips. Best chicken ever :)

Tagliatelle with garlic and chili mushrooms, herbs and creamy avocado. Garlic bread on the side.

2u6ihcx.jpg

Tried out frying pan pizza this evening for the first time. Despite the dough not rising, due to dead yeast, and the most useless electric hob in the world it worked out very well. This is the fifth and final effort topped with tomato sauce, Aldi meatballs sliced and mozzarella.

DB7352FA-9DA1-497D-9156-F5CA7BA54729_zps7q83b6js.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had DIY Nandos tonight using Aldi spatchcocked chickens, complete with spicy rice, chilli/mint peas and sweet potato fries. And garlic mushrooms.
    Then Aldi frozen yogurt for dessert.

alofa1.jpg

We had DIY Nandos tonight using Aldi spatchcocked chickens, complete with spicy rice, chilli/mint peas and sweet potato fries. And garlic mushrooms.
    Then Aldi frozen yogurt for dessert.

Saved yourself €28.00 for a whole chicken in Nandos. Thrown on the grill by some spotty student and you have to collect it yourself. Never again! :mad:

Pasta shells with lovely fennel seed sausages from The Whole Hoggs crumbled up with garlic & yellow pepper & a good glug of cream. Would have liked a little parmesan on top but we, bizarrely, have none and didn't think cheddar would be nice.

RoGRXJJ.jpg

Many thumbs up. Good sausages.

We too had pasta: my by now patented ba$tardised Italian Cajun Mexican abomination of deliciousness: it's basically Mac and cheese with chicken, bacon, onion, sweet corn, jalape os and a cheese sauce loaded with spicy smoked paprika. Smothered in cheddar and baked. Rocket salad and a couple of slices of crusty loaf on the side.

Nailed it.

Roast chicken (one of those aldi chicken in a bag jobs), lovely moist chicken, not so pushed on the 'sweet & sticky' glaze, hot sauce roast potatoes and the surprise star of dinner, steamed tenderstem broccoli with loads of lemon juice & black pepper. With mayo & Mic's chili inferno sauce*

9w1f6B6.png

* In case you have scoffed at the levels of heat in bottles with 'inferno' on the site before, as have I, this one is actually pretty hot. Lovely, fruity habenero taste from it also :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had barbecue last night and it was warm enough to eat outdoors. A rare thing this summer...

23h69li.jpg

A heads up for Padraig Mor's Lamb Doner Kebabs from The Cooking Club. If you haven't tried them, you're missing a great family favourite!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057395904/1/#post94656790

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I absolutely love those. I must make them again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

With mayo & Mic's chili inferno sauce*

* In case you have scoffed at the levels of heat in bottles with 'inferno' on the site before, as have I, this one is actually pretty hot. Lovely, fruity habenero taste from it also :)

I love them. Beautiful flavour.

Hello. Haven't been posting here for quite sometime. Curry Addict's chicken biryani is cooking away as we speak. Perfect for a day like today.

Fajita salad tonight.

Home-made rub of paprika, smoked paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and cumin on a nice rare steak with peppers and onions.

Added to the bowl was a mix of spinach, watercress and rocket, tomatoes, scallions, avocado and home-made pickled radishes.

The whole lot was topped with a blob of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. A good squeeze of lime juice and we were good to go. Mighty!

The OH is currently preparing brownies and lattes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Wanderer41

Steak sandwich this evening :)

The OH is currently preparing brownies and lattes.

Want. (the brownie & latte, I shan't come trying to poach your OH)

Tonight we had pasta with salmon, cream, lemon juice & dill. And I had some more broccoli because I couldn't add peas into the pasta because of the resident legumophobe

EpNQA0R.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

A very strange risotto, but tasty! With onions, green peppers, sweetcorn, pineapple and chicken.

Sweet & Sour Chicken and, because Mrs G! is out and I'm a soft touch, chips.

A5B4348C-74B7-4A7F-B006-0F63BCE366E6_zpszl6af7v2.jpg

Red lentil and coconut dahl, spicy aubergine kofta, rice and naan.

Lovely, I just made a little too much of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Shenshen wrote: »
    Red lentil and coconut dahl, spicy aubergine kofta, rice and naan.

Lovely, I just made a little too much of it.

Your food always makes me want to cook.

I was in late so a very quick dinner was needed. Omlette with garlic and oregano, smokey chipotle sauce and loads of fresh mozerella, on a sourdough crust.

Teriyaki salmon with brown rice and broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I had grilled mangtout with a spiced tomato sauce, garlic yogurt and sweet and salty almonds. It was so nice and the almonds were a revelation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Smoked mackerel, tomato and mushroom frittata with a good dollop of hot pepper sauce on the side.

• Advertisement

Vel wrote: »
    I had grilled mangtout with a spiced tomato sauce, garlic yogurt and sweet and salty almonds. It was so nice and the almonds were a revelation

How did you make the almonds?
    I'm asking because I have fond childhood memories of my parents making "smoked almonds" - but I'm not sure I can get the ingredients here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement