Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

We've got one of each gender in my house and we do steak & salad a good bit, or a warm steak salad (which sounds the same as steak and a salad but is different I tell ya) or steak with a side of grean beans or creamed spinach. Or steak cut into strips & stir fried with veg.

Cottage pie tonight. Potentially with green beans if I can convince myself to take the 5 second walk out to the garden shed freezer

(Oh!! and a big fat glass of Albarino)

Edit: ended up topping the cottage pie with lots of strong cheddar and eating it with several large spoonfuls of mustard. Feel a bit high on comfort food right now!

8b668ee4-2534-44f1-9dbf-66e4f5c4022a_zpsfc936946.jpg
    9f2d882f-4f85-4818-b5d1-1f4beea99fe4_zps1c7b2389.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

We've got one of each gender in my house and we do steak & salad a good bit, or a warm steak salad (which sounds the same as steak and a salad but is different I tell ya) or steak with a side of grean beans or creamed spinach. Or steak cut into strips & stir fried with veg.

Cottage pie tonight. Potentially with green beans if I can convince myself to take the 5 second walk out to the garden shed freezer

(Oh!! and a big fat glass of Albarino)
    Green beans or spinach is ok, I was talking rabbit food side salad which would be like having a glass of champagne with a dry cream cracker !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Watching Food and Drink last night reminded me we had a haggis in the freezer. So made Haggis Ravioli tonight with asparagus wrapped in bacon, garlic bread bites and salad.

88EF6DCF-2ABC-45A3-8083-18C846B49075_zpscngepcnc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Bambi burgers with fried onions, brie and tomato between cheese and chive focaccia bread I made earlier.

No pic as I scarfed the lot in record time:o

Lamb & chorizo stew. Oh it was mighty. Looking forward to seconds of it tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight we had homemade cheese burgers from the butchers with cucumber and red onion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Tonight we had homemade cheese burgers from the butchers with cucumber and red onion.

Mince style burgers or top quality chipper style patty? I Dont like the big thick mince style burgers... the answer to this question will severely damage my lust levels for you're meal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Mince style burgers or top quality chipper style patty? I Dont like the big thick mince style burgers... the answer to this question will severely damage my lust levels for you're meal. :D
    Proper big juicy mince burgers with plenty of cheese throughout which melted perfectly. They were scrumptious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Proper big juicy mince burgers with plenty of cheese throughout which melted perfectly. They were scrumptious.

How are yer arteries feeling lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Homemade? You mean butcher made?

Last night we had lasagne with huge mixed salad. Feckin delish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Salted cod, chorizo, cherry tomatoes and butter beans with some crusty bread for dipping. First meal Mr.Merkin ever cooked for me and still one of my favourites!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night's dinner was at Rotana Cafe in Portobello. We split the Mezze Two plus sides of grilled halloumi and chicken strips. Jaysus, it was only gaaargeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I had a garlic baguette :( was eating alone and forgot to defrost anything

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

HUge bowls of pea soup (made from the cooking stock from Sunday's bacon) with a bit of natural yoghurt (which wouldn't float for the pic:() followed by pan fried turkey winglets (Christmas bronze turkey) and a slaw of Jerusalem artichoke, apple, carrot, beetroot and ginger.

523Ai4.jpg

6XRPiy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

My friend is moving back to Dublin from Cork, so we had Lennox's to send her off in style , followed by chocolate brownies.

Baby potatoes again,Carrot broccoli and Sticky BBQ ribs made from scratch. I also made two sausages for a sandwich later but i ate them,They were covered in the BBQ Goodness....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Last night's dinner was at Rotana Cafe in Portobello. We split the Mezze Two plus sides of grilled halloumi and chicken strips. Jaysus, it was only gaaargeous.

LOVE that place!

We had an Omelette with leftovers in it. Peas, bacon and the flouriest booked potatoes, I have to say I quite enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I had a garlic baguette :( was eating alone and forgot to defrost anything

That is exactly what I had! And a Milky Way. Nutritious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I had a plate of brown lumps - AKA freezer potato rosti and "fancy" chicken nuggets, however I did add some peas for healthiness!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just looked that place up think a visit may be in order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Jamie Oliver's meatball recipe with fusilli pasta.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭greasepalm

nice bit of striploin of beef,chip and onion rings.topped with fried eggs,yummy.

B0jangles wrote: »
    I had a plate of brown lumps - AKA freezer potato rosti and "fancy" chicken nuggets, however I did add some peas for healthiness!

I used to eat similar stuff but cheaper a 99c bag of frozen chips and 1e for four crispy pancakes... I was so broke it was awful,But now iv decided there are 3 things i cant live without,Heat,lecky and fresh food!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight I wasn't very hungry or bothered about cooking so I just threw a load of chicken and veg (peppers, onion, peas and mangetout) into the pan with an Amoy sweet and sour sauce. Very lazy but actually quite tasty and light!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Chicken & chorizo pie. Just fab. Had it with mash, peas and carrots. Will have it with salad for tomorrow and friday.

46E10CF5F59F4D60BB5AF863EDB2BD8B-0000324795-0003508860-00640L-E5019FA16BF14BE89664753282CB60D5.jpg

B1C8D736050C4E24892DF348471A85FD-0000324795-0003508859-00640L-7285B7B778C04CCB949A99F5B7451A52.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I used to eat similar stuff but cheaper a 99c bag of frozen chips and 1e for four crispy pancakes... I was so broke it was awful,But now iv decided there are 3 things i cant live without,Heat,lecky and fresh food!! :D

Oh don't get me wrong, I normally cook proper meals from scratch, I just faffed around last night until it was too late to start to cook anything decent so I ended up grabbing some junk from the freezer.

(Twas actually pretty tasty!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Just had a very tasty dinner. Boiled some noodles. Chopped and fried half an onion, half a pepper and 3 rashers. Once the noodles were done, I threw them into the frying pan for a minute while I mixed them in with the onions, peppers and rashers. I then mixed in some sweet chilli sauce. It was so simple, yet so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Had the afternoon off today so went on a curry cooking session.....

Chicken Tikka Masala using Aldi's in a jar sauce.
    Courgette Curry which was excellent and will be cooked again
    http://www.food.com/recipe/pakistani-style-turai-ka-salan-courgettes-curry-400409
    Leftover roast spuds diced and fried with onion and curry powder then added spinich and chilli.
    Indian flatbreads

Used up so many pots and pans I transferred everything into takeaway trays and did the washing up early. Told the kids I'd ordered it in. :)

3E87A23B-0868-423C-AC2A-B577945C97A8_zpseow7g34o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Had this a couple of nights ago but actually remembered to take a photo. Pea and mint soup with bacon bits and a poached egg.

yibzaht_xAnbWqnI5q3b56zBKn8U1Z1mA-7QY9bRIic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Meatloaf with lots of burnt crusty bits buried under a pile of melted cheese, scallions & tomatoes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement