Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Grilled smoked bacon medallions on whole grain bread with mayo, cheese and tomatoes.

Yum

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken bhuna, with rhubarb crumble and home made custard for dessert. I was on a roll today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

A lot of mini bars of Twix, Mars, Milky Bar and Malteasers eaten while throwing things onto a bonfire and looking at Tarot cards I found. I am adulting good today. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I've been craving Indian for days so we ordered tonight and it really hit the spot. Mixed tandoori platter, pilau rice and tarka dhal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Last night was a jalapeno & garlic macaroni cheese, it was all sorts of fabulous. Tonight will be chicken breasts baked in leftover chili cheese sauce & little roasties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I very very rarely do a Sunday roast, it just feels like a lot of effort for two people. Took a shortcut today With some help from m&s and oh my goodness I'm tempted to do the same again for dinner tomorrow :o Joint of turkey, sage and onion stuffing in the meat and then wrapped in a lattice of bacon strips. I roasted some baby new potatoes and steamed tender stem brocolli and mange tout. Made a bit of extra stuffing as I prefer a dry, crumbling texture rather than moist.

Only disappointing part is that I was 10 mins from serving when I realised there was no gravy in the house :( made do with a little bit of pepper sauce but I Just know it would have been so much nicer with gravy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Going to have carbonara tonight.

I've also made blackberry ice cream using a no-churn recipe; 250ml cream, 125ml condensed milk, 1tsp vanilla, pinch of sea salt, whipped to firm peaks. I'd previously made a sauce of 1.5 cups blackberries, 0.25 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar, 1tsp lemon juice, so I mixed that in. The cream/milk mixture was shockingly sweet so I'm hoping the tartness of the berries evens it out a bit.

I've lost my cooking mojo a bit, so hoping this helps me get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Slow roast garlic and herb rubbed leg of lamb, steamed baby spuds and sugar snap peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭Corvo

A simple dinner tonight, but still one of my fav's.

Linguine, tossed in a pan of garlic, chilli, anchovies and basil.

Be wrong to not have a glass of wine with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Tuna and pasta with salad. Second time I've done this really healthy dinner and the kids love it (except the olives maybe). Even our neighbour's kid, who's the fussiest eater in the world!
    If I was serving it to adults only, I think I'd add capers for that extra bit of flavour....

Recipe here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/proteinpackedtunapas_83699

89EA98A2-628E-46A5-AC50-01CAE507931D_zpsgsapcdau.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I made a massaman curry this week. Was delicious.

7WExgdk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hairy bikers beef rendang with zaatar spiced sweet potato wedges in coconut oil

95scco.jpg

A deliciously fattening cheeseburger and fries from In-N-Out

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tuna quesadilla. Absolutely delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

BuffyBot wrote: »
    A deliciously fattening cheeseburger and fries from In-N-Out

Sooo jealous, love in-n-out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I've got a cold and my sense of taste and smell is rather odd right now.
    So I kept it safe and made us a simple mac'n'cheese with lots of cauliflower and broccoli thrown in (needed using up).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Aldis carrot falafel, halloumi fried in garlic and oregano olive oil, Greek yoghurt and lemon dressing, tomato, red onion and mixed leaves.

Spicy jerk chicken stir fry

k3qex3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Chicken curry for the gentlemen, chickpea curry for me. Coconut and yoghurt were nice additions. Served with basmati rice and naan. I've said it before but fresh coriander can really make a dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Heads up, all my food this week will be pasta related.

Yesterday I defrosted turkey and spinach chilli and had with pasta and 3 different types of cheese.

Today was red pesto I made with pasta, peas meatballs and 3 different types of cheese. (grilled hallumi)

I love cheese so much :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Lazy dinner this evening
    Gnocchi with chorizo and mushrooms in a tomato sauce spiked with cayenne,paprika,garlic salt, onion granules and some herbs
    Plain but comforting

Got me some poke action! (The Hawaiian kind! :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

That looks really delicious.
    Isn't poke a raw fish salad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Where was this?

That looks really delicious.
    Isn't poke a raw fish salad?

Yup, generally a traditional poke would be made with tuna. All sorts of fish get used now though I think tuna/salmon/seafood and other meaty/rich fish are the mainstays.

(And it was delicious!)
    Where was this?

I'm in the states at the moment!

had a go at this beef stew with pasta and cherry tomatoes, made mine in slow cooker overnight,few tweaks of my own.. was sceptical on the whole pasta thing but used fresh pasta cooked separate for 5 mins at the end and boy oh boy it was delicious,totally moorish and something i will go back to over and over for sure..

http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/tag/tomato-beef-stew

313t8vc.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tonight I poached chicken breasts in a mushroom sauce, and ate them with garlicky dauphinoise potatoes and steamed broccoli.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Was at Muck and Magic's garden party on Wednesday, so swung by Ikea while I was in the area.
    Last night before heading into town for a bit o' culture, I had Ikea meatballs, Lidl croquettes and St. Bernard marrowfat peas! Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I made falafel, houmous and tsatsiki.
    We had that stuffed into pita bread along with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion rings. And drizzled with a bit of hot sauce.

Probably the last summer dinner for this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Roast leg of lamb with garlic spuds and obviously roast spuds. Roast carrots and parsnips and broccoli. BlackBerry and apple crumble for dessert. Stuffed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement