Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Cheeseburger with garlic butter fries in Wowburger (Dublin). Oh my sainted aunt. Lovely. And I'm vampire proof for a couple of days.

Day 2 Stew. Spanished up with lots of smoked paprika, chorizo & garlic. Completely confirming my suspicion that 'stew carrots' are the best vegetables.

pWZWbEb.jpg

Bread & butter too, obvs. I'm not a savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Cooking day here so made a very large lasagne and a pot of chowder, enough for quite a few days

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Maple mustard salmon, sweet potato puree and dressed green beans.

wasivp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

Just finished an exhausting month long move of house and patch up of old apartment before handing back, so we treated ourselves to a take away Indian/Bangladesh curry from our (new local) curry house. It was beautiful. Poppedoms with chutney and onions, chicken madras and Lamb Karai, Naan and Pilau rice......epic!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

chicken fried rice with sriracha chips .. yuum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Kaesspaetzle :D

Thank you so much, Lidl, for having both Spaetzle and the right cheese on offer.

2hnmfba.jpg

A v. v. messy looking plate of carbonéire. Tagliatelle with chicken thigh meat, bacon & mushrooms in a cream sauce with garlic, black pepper and and nutmeg. Covered in a fluffy mountain of parmesan.

Westafrican peanut stew.

It was gone too fast for me to take a photo. I have had to promise myself to only make it once a month, as there is a serious danger I could start having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next year or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shenshen wrote: »
    Westafrican peanut stew.

It was gone too fast for me to take a photo. I have had to promise myself to only make it once a month, as there is a serious danger I could start having it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next year or so.

Recipe?

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Recipe?

SImilar to here : http://cookieandkate.com/2013/west-african-peanut-soup/

Only I cook sweet potato chunks in the stock, and instead of collard greens made it with broccoli.
    And served it with rice and poppadums. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

Halloumi, roasted carrot and sweet potato salad with pomegranate dressing.

(Apologies for quality of pic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Toad in the Hole! Served with Brocolli Mash, Baked Beans and Onion Gravy.

DA67C031-2034-4856-9E68-51DF14A9516D_zpsyuzowqx8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Some home-made hummus and nice warm pittas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Last night we went Mexican.......

For starters we had Planchadas which is fried mozzarella and tortilla with all the dips below (no pic due to quality issues).

For mains it was Mexican Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Tomatillos Salsa, Guacamole, Chipotle Mayo, reduced marinade and Rainbow Salad.

142763B8-1F6C-48AE-856F-B262427984D9_zpsybatowci.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Yesterday I was mortally hungover. So I got a Chinese. 3 in 1, spring roll, 3 chicken balls.

Today I was up early, I've had a chilli slow cooking all day. I made it extremely spicy so had to get sour cream.

Threw it in a wrap with cheese and sour cream, it's amazing.

Cottage pie - extra cheesy mash on the roof. To make up for the lack of peas therein (damned legumophobe). From the 'If they rhyme you can swap em' school of ingredient swaps.

yBSJmL4.jpg

Schupfnudeln (thank you, Lidl :D) with mushrooms in white wine and cream sauce.

spkisn.jpg

Now if only wild mushrooms were a little more available in this country.

Some prawns pil pil style..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Shenshen wrote: »

Now if only wild mushrooms were a little more available in this country.

I see these guys around the south east sometimes http://fancyfungi.ie/stockists/

Lovely fresh mushrooms and you can order online.

Pricey but nice for a treat!

• Advertisement

jordata wrote: »
    I see these guys around the south east sometimes http://fancyfungi.ie/stockists/

Lovely fresh mushrooms and you can order online.

Pricey but nice for a treat!

Thank you! Might give them a try, though it's all cultivated mushrooms as well.
    I had been meaning to start growing my own, there's a good few places online selling spores for oyster and other tree bark mushrooms - you only need your own log somewhere, apparently. :D

I've also asked my mum to send me dried wild mushrooms later this autumn but it'll depend on how many she'll find this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

fiery pork penne cooked in coconut milk

2vklqfa.jpg

Yesterday ot was chilli with pasta.

Tonight chilli with rice

And to save the suspense of what I'm having for dinner tomorrow and Thursday....

Chilli again!!

Tomorrow will be chilli on top of a baked sweet potato.

Thursday will be chilli on top of a bratwurst sausage

Then that's me done with chilli for a few weeks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

pew wrote: »
    Yesterday ot was chilli with pasta.

Tonight chilli with rice

And to save the suspense of what I'm having for dinner tomorrow and Thursday....

Chilli again!!

Tomorrow will be chilli on top of a baked sweet potato.

Thursday will be chilli on top of a bratwurst sausage

Then that's me done with chilli for a few weeks

We had chilli with rice tonight too - but I'm freezing the rest :)

We had chilli with rice tonight too - but I'm freezing the rest :)

I have no room in the freezer at all, so i would freeze it off otherwise.

Plus im working long days this week...its handing to come home not go to so much effort to cook :)

Some lemon sole waiting to be dredged for some sole meunière tonight. Chunky crispy chips to accompany :D

A very lazy snack plate when watching GBBO: a trip around the continent :P

Greek Kalamata olives, French salami, German pretzels and Swiss cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Last few nights have been bolognese, or bolognese sauce with garlic bread depending on my level of tiredness. :o

Griddled Spicy chicken with home made chips and garlic mayonnaise.

Comfort needed after this week.

Grown-up mac'n'cheese - pasta, cauliflower and broccoli with a cheddar and Tipperary Blue cheese sauce, baked.

Quick, easy, and so comforting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Went to Banyi Japanese in Temple Bar last night, best Japanese food I've ever had I think. Sushi was unbelievable. We had a Groupon voucher for €45 for 2 people which included a cocktail, 4 food courses and tea/coffee. Some of the dishes (excuse the quality!):

Flamed nigiri (amuse bouche)
    Fillet beef teriyaki
    Special sushi selection
    Mango cheesecake with pineapple salsa and coconut sorbet

Link for Groupon in case anyone's interested - would highly recommend!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement