Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Went to Enoteca Taverna last night and I got a white pizza with mozzarella, sausage, and Italian broccoli rabe which unfortunately was a bit too cabbagey for my liking! Still picked it off and finished it mind you. For dessert we shared a melon cheesecake and a fancy dessert wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Kaeng khiao wan, Thai green curry, though the sauce is a bit too watery. :(

Thai_Chicken_Curry.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,425 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Chicken Wings and Roasted Baby Potatoes served with BBQ and Chipotle Mayo sauces - it must be Friday! :D

49B49388-DBDF-47B2-8D7D-2185783157FF_zpsnr53hjhv.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 736 ✭✭✭chillin117

To be at your place Gloom with a fresh batch loaf !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Any chance of a recipe for the chipotle mayo Gloom?

Last night was a ham, cheese and red onion toastie. Maybe a roast chicken breast tonight or something. I will see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Made a thai platter to share while we watched the game, the favourite was definitely the coconut and lime prawns

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Excuse the bad photo, it doesn't do justice to the meal. Pork fillet, flattened, and stuffed with sausage apple stuffing, and roasted. Sliced, served with baked potato, broccoli and mushroom sauce. Bit of extra stuffing on the side.

24w7asn.jpg

Any chance of a recipe for the chipotle mayo Gloom?

Order a can of chipotle chillis from http://www.picadomexican.com and take one or two out, chop finely then add some of the sauce from the can and mix with mayonnaise! :)

Tonight we had Butternut Squash Risotto, Spinich and Peach Salad with crunchy croutons.

D61D8209-1EE4-46EB-AD74-D6E336B66FF5_zpsm0gjpt6x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Bratwurst sausage roasted with mushrooms, onions, cheese and BBQ sauce with parmesean roasted broccoli and sweet potato roasties.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I went to an Asian shop here in Cork and found my all-time favourite (well, second favourite, but still!) mushroom. Apparently, they're called Brown Birch mushrooms? Or maybe that's just the direct translation from the Chinese.

That's what they look like : brownclamshellmushroom.jpg

And here's the pies I made with them :

dxegyc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Id love to be able to create a meal pit of mushrooms. I love them but usually just fry them up in butter and have them on a bun. And always the same old ones from the supermarket. Those pies look fab.

We had a large lunch yesterday so dinner was crusty bread, roquefort, goats, Brie and vintage cheddar cheese with walnuts, beetroot and pear with a glass of merlot and followed by lidls salted caramel pudding.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Musefan

Had a fab lebanese meal out last night. Between us we polished off hummus, Lebanese bread, falafels, stuffed mushrooms, some nice hake dish with potatoes and a dijaj masaaf with rice.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

A bit of slow roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, gravy, braised beetroot and baby potatoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Honey roasted smoked ham, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower cheese and creamy mash.
    Polished of with a few glasses of red and apple crumble

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Prawns, mushrooms, pak choi, broccoli, carrot, and konnjak noodles and a sauce of mirin, sake, soy, and dashi. Mmm tasty. On a diet, so dinner will be some variant of this for the foreseeable future. Can't say I'm upset about that.

photo%206_zpsgehq5ii6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Ate in a Georgian restaurant in the landladies home town. Fabulous food but terrible service.
    Soups, salads and a mix of mains. There were 6 of us and we shared everything.
    Nothing unusual except fried brains which was a 1st for me. Not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Left over baby potatoes from yesterday's roast dinner, sliced and fried up with shallots and garlic then seasoned with salt, pepper, parsley and a mix of smoked and regular paprika. Topped with a crispy bottomed fried egg and plenty of hot sauce.

Twas just the thing :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken jambalaya here last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,212 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

forgot i hadn't had prawns in a while, so made a Singapore noodle

9zps8n.jpg

then a prawn and pancetta pasta

33nw8ds.jpg

and today a chicken thigh rendang with brown rice

2jc7n6e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Prawns here too also on a diet

Yesterday was just honey and garlic prawns with grilled veg.

Today was piri piri turkey mince with chopped up cooked prawns going through stuffed into a yellow pepper coated in garlic, chilli and ginger paste.

My mouth is on FIRE!!!

Well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We had slow cooked minced beef stew last night. I threw the potatoes in when they were cooked, then left it on the warm setting while we went for a walk on the beach. Trying to make the most of the bright evenings before they're gone :)

Tonight we had roast chicken with garlic, soy and honey. With champ, carrot & swede. There was gravy too but I took the photo before it got messy.

4tk5uf.jpg

Ham tonight. Par boiled for the stock, then glazed with honey and mustard and baked, with baked jacket potatoes. Served with broccoli (cooked in the stock) and corn on the cob, with a white sauce with cheddar and English and wholegrain mustard. Loads of ham left for sandwiches so there's a fresh loaf in the breadmaker for the morning. :)

God I love ham

Chicken enchiladas with all the trimmings.

333x285.jpg

I'd love to try my hand at enchiladas verdes but I cannot for love nor money get my hands on some tomatillos.

(Deleted because I'm losing my mind)

I'd love to try my hand at enchiladas verdes but I cannot for love nor money get my hands on some tomatillos.

I bought some from a Mexican shop in town a few weeks ago for a tomatillos salsa. Big tin with only about 6 tomatoes in it, the rest liquid. I had to add normal tomatoes to fill it out, couldn't taste any difference.

I bought some from a Mexican shop in town a few weeks ago for a tomatillos salsa. Big tin with only about 6 tomatoes in it, the rest liquid. I had to add normal tomatoes to fill it out, couldn't taste any difference.

Sadly I'm in the UK. In a cultural and gastronomic wasteland!

Sadly I'm in the UK. In a cultural and gastronomic wasteland!

Haven't you ever heard of this thing called the Internet, oh wait....... :rolleyes:

I'm looking for fresh tomatillos. They're not available unless I want to travel south 130 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Onion soup. Delicious. Really nice. I wasn't holding out much hope but yum!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement