Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options
1322323324325326328»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Picked up a slow cooker in Aldi recently. First time out today and went Apple and Sausage casserole from the Slow Cooker Thread.

Melt in the mouth sausages, delicious!

FBD075B3-23EA-400F-A7EC-4692B7632E7D_zps487dauo3.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew with baby potatoes. 'Tis the season for comfort food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tonight is a school night! But because myself and Mrs G work most weekends, we decided to have a beer and curry night. I didn't brew the beer, but I made the curry.:D Goldfish brand curry paste. Cubed chicken fillet from the local butcher. Banana shaped onions. Carlow button mushrooms and into the wok. A dash of chilli oil for the kick. Some fried rice with lots of soy sauce and a sprinkle of sesame oil.

Gonna have to open a flicker account to display what I'm at lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I made a nice shin of beef stew yesterday. I threw in a pint of ale and about 200ml of water with the beef stock.

There was a good bit of stew juice left in the pot when the meat was falling apart so I decided to strain it and reduce down to about 200ml for concentrated meaty sauce goodness, butter at the end to give it a gloss.

Creamy mash with meat on top and sauce spooned over the meat with a few carrots and onions added from the stew. I'll be making stews like that from now on...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Shin is definitely the best cut for stews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I couldn't agree more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭pew

Creamy mash with beef and black pepper sausages, with turnip drowned in gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Oxtail too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

brinty wrote: »
    Oxtail too

Cheek too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Cheek too.

Oh yea

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Boneless slow roast shoulder of pork tonight, with onion, sage and sausage meat stuffing and crackling. I made an apple sauce from scratch that was delicious, and we ate it with roast potatoes, broccoli and gravy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I have been mental busy the past while so my cooking has been stews, bolognase, pastas, griddled chicken, basically anything I can batch cook or else cook quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Laziness again (well, it was Friday after all!) A plate made up of slices of salami with fennel, mixed olives and some Danish blue cheese on rosemary crackers - all from Lidl.

I make no apologies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

M&S dine in chicken and rostis. And too much wine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Garlic cheesy chips! And some heroes for dessert, it's been a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Semi pre-assembled Sunday dinner. Bought a stuffed turkey breast (frozen) and cooked it alongside a pre-made potato gratin. Both of them were from Aldi. I added a little extra seasoning and a healthy dash of garlic powder to the gratin. The gratin wasn't bad, and the turkey reasonably tasty for something that cost €5 odd.

For a vegetable side, I roasted some pre-cooked beetroot I had from Lidl as they were on a 39c special a few weeks back. (Recipe here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3192/honeyroast-beetroot).

With bread sauce and Aldi's Specially Selected cranberry sauce to accompany it all made for a pretty decent Sunday slap up dinner!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

And with that impressive meal, we're on to Part III of this thread! It can be found here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057665151

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement