Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

beertons wrote: »
    Chicken & chorizo pie. Just fab. Had it with mash, peas and carrots. Will have it with salad for tomorrow and friday.

That looks seriously unreal. Will you post link/recipe when.you get a chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

beertons wrote: »
    Chicken & chorizo pie. Just fab. Had it with mash, peas and carrots. Will have it with salad for tomorrow and friday.

<co-mod snip :)>

Who buys a magazine about Poo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Who buys a magazine about Poo?

It's full of Sh*t hot tips!

Last night I had Grilled chili Pork on a bed of sauteed (in garlic butter) leeks, almonds, peas and kale.

AC4FBE2C-95FE-49BF-B760-45807FCF8DA0_zps2rbhwups.jpg

followed by a slice of Monday's lemon drizzle cake

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Big bowls of pea soup again, followed by lightly floured, pan fried hake; potato, Jerusalem artichoke and garlic mash, carrots. Didn't bother with pics.

Fish and mash left over so fishcakes (light on the fish) and something tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭CyrilFiggis

Broccoli with pine nuts and lemon, chips and steak with béarnaise sauce

2ilh8o2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

That looks seriously unreal. Will you post link/recipe when.you get a chance?

From the bbc good food magazine.

65F96904C585412B8D44131A3EE5586C-0000324795-0003509412-00800L-361D8973109F4DDBB2BA74BDDEB6854D.jpg

Sound as a pound, beertons!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Last night was Salmon cooked Sous Vide @ 50 degrees C for 30 mins in my new DIY slow cooker Sous Vide oven.

The night before was a rib eye steak done at 55 degrees C for an hour.... going to have a lot of fun playing with this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I'm on a bit of a baking buzz at the moment.

Pizza and a pesto + mozzarella pizza bread

And a loaf of wholemeal bread while i was at it :)

gCp6eBn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Beef stirfry with hoisin and garlic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Beef casserole, baby potatoes, green beans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

Fecking millionaire's my dinner cant compete with this... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Lots of budget cooking in this forum eireannBEAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Tonight for dinner we are having this

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1775/tagliatelle-with-a-lemon-pork-rag

I can't wait until it is cooked, I am starving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Fecking millionaire's my dinner cant compete with this... :P

If anything the meals here are often extremely budget friendly, even if they look expensive because of high levels of deliciousness. Our dinner tonight is going to have about €4 worth of ingredients in it. I see the same in lots of meals that people post. Cooking rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Pan fried/oven baked salmon, purple broccoli, potatoes, hollandaise sauce and crevettes pan fried in garlic and butter.

296300.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Beef and pork meatballs, with a creamy mushroom sauce and basmati rice. So tasty! It's quickly becoming one of my favourite meals, now that I've discovered that you don't have to have a tomato sauce with meatballs :D

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Tonight for dinner we are having this

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1775/tagliatelle-with-a-lemon-pork-rag

I can't wait until it is cooked, I am starving.
    Oh my god this was absolutely disgusting. Out of four of us, none could eat it. I nearly threw up while chewing it. Ugh ugh ugh.

The pancetta was way too strong and the pork had a strong flavour too.

So tonight we are having chipper. I am raging as I was so looking forward to having a nice, delicious, home-cooked meal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Toast4532 wrote: »
    Oh my god this was absolutely disgusting. Out of four of us, none could eat it. I nearly threw up while chewing it. Ugh ugh ugh.

The pancetta was way too strong and the pork had a strong flavour too.

So tonight we are having chipper. I am raging as I was so looking forward to having a nice, delicious, home-cooked meal.

Oh no - I hate the waste when you go to all that trouble and tastes ick. It happened to me when I made Avoca lakeshore pork, we hated it.

I cooked a chicken fillet in a roasting bag tonight with lots of veg and sweet potatoes. It's a quick and easy way of cooking for one, and hardly any washing up :)

Oh no - I hate the waste when you go to all that trouble and tastes ick. It happened to me when I made Avoca lakeshore pork, we hated it.

I cooked a chicken fillet in a roasting bag tonight with lots of veg and sweet potatoes. It's a quick and easy way of cooking for one, and hardly any washing up :)
    That's it too, the waste, of food, money, time and effort. It sickens me.

You'd think I'd learn and leave something 'spare' in the fridge, but I never do, I'm always afraid it'll go off (have done it before - left something in the fridge for two days and realise its gone off when I want to use it). I don't have a microwave either so no quick way of defrosting anything.

Just one thing after another today for me. Oh God today needs to be over already. :(

Sorry for the rant!

• Advertisement

Speaking of cheap dinners, tonight we had fried eggs and fried potatoes with lots of salt and vinegar.

With a little bread and butter.

xazbm9.jpg

It was fab.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

And a hot pot of tea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You know, I love to cook all sorts of spicy and highly flavoured foods with a million different spices and condiments but sometimes an egg really is the best thing in the whole world to eat.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

dipdip wrote: »
    Speaking of cheap dinners, tonight we had fried eggs and fried potatoes with lots of salt and vinegar.

It was fab.

That's definitely one of my favourite meals! Runny egg yolks are a must though (with the manky white cut off and discarded...).

Faith wrote: »
    That's definitely one of my favourite meals! Runny egg yolks are a must though (with the manky white cut off and discarded...).

There was a delicious runny golden yollk hidden inside both of those beauties

Beans on toast! And I enjoyed every bite :)

That's all I needed as I went out for a fancy lunch with my colleagues - finishing up tomorrow, new job next week!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

dipdip wrote: »

With a little bread and butter.

It was fab.

Heaven on a plate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Beans, eggs, sausages

304a2c1d-8d52-4c2a-9a96-70508c3800ce_zpsbdae4a97.jpg

We also made donuts, just waiting on the glaze to dry. The one I tasted so far was like a little hockey puck, I think I messed something up in the recipe, but they're cute!

c1f58160-0e17-44a3-857f-b4e7a9015f98_zpsffd971a9.jpg

(Re-read recipe, missed out on second rising stage. That'll explain the leaden texture slightly!)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Went to a talk thingie that had a buffet beforehand. Had a bit of a very lacklustre greasy beef bourbiginoun.
    Came home starving and had some steamed asparagus dipped in hummus and natural yogurt and a handful of salty cashews. And about 5 Butlers truffles.
    It's late and I massively regret a proper dinner. Or not stopping in a chipper on the way home.

• Advertisement

MissF those beans, eggs and sausages look PHENOM!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement