Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My boyfriend made crêpes with egg, ham, cheese and maple syrup. Perfect combo of sweet and savory. Dinner and dessert in one so I had two :D

297118.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

What's the difference between a pancake and a crepe? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I think crepe batter is thinner and gives you a thinner pancake. Could be wrong though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What's the difference between a pancake and a crepe? :rolleyes:
    Crepes are thinner than pancakes. The Frenchies I live with think mine pancakes are too thick. I'm not trying to make crepes though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Meant to upload this earlier.
    We had mini mackerel fillets the other day (I know they look huge but they weren't really) and salad.

2hcdsfk.jpg

• Advertisement

Pancakes for dinner!
    Made a berry one but although it doesn't look nice, it tasted beautiful

dlkl84.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Pancake Wednesday here today as I could not cook them yesterday due to work basic lemon and sugar glorious nothing else to eat so technically it was dinner....and breakfast ....and lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

finix wrote: »
    Very slow pan fried lambs liver with onions and mushrooms with a dash of worstershire sauce served with brocelli and steamed baby spuds and some fresh Brennans Granery Batch loaf. I now feel so content !

I. Am. Jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

We had heaps of veg to use up tonight before our veg box arrives in the morning. Had carrot sticks and beetroot hummus to snack on while cooking, then had a salad of butternut squash,parmesan, rocket and pine nut, roast romanesco cauliflower and asparagus with lemon zest, and a big dirty rib eye on the side. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Wild salmon fish cakes, with baby potatoes, cauliflower cheese and carrots.

20140305_184842.jpg?w=529&h=396

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Fish curry with fresh chunks of cod, with a serving of brown rice. We had a few baby potatoes leftover from yesterday too so I sliced them up and gave them a quick fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was Sloppy Joe in a soft warm hot dog bun. Was so hungry that I had to have another. I felt like a dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

ellavin wrote: »
    In dundrum Dublin it was amazing!

Were in Dundrum? Looks good and nice and clean I like it.

Felt so good to cook properly again this evening can't wait till I'm back cooking on a daily basis.

Tonight I made an Italian Stew from a recipe I found online and one I also modified a bit whiilst fingers crossed it would turn out good and it did was delicious :).

SAM_0891_zpse6602ee0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Grilled mackerel with lemon chickpeas.

Felt so good to cook properly again this evening can't wait till I'm back cooking on a daily basis.

Tonight I made an Italian Stew from a recipe I found online and one I also modified a bit whiilst fingers crossed it would turn out good and it did was delicious :).

ANOTHER pic of yours that makes me think we are kindred spirits!
    You seem to cook all the things I love...would you have the recipe for this as it looks amazing?!

fussyonion wrote: »
    ANOTHER pic of yours that makes me think we are kindred spirits!
    You seem to cook all the things I love...would you have the recipe for this as it looks amazing?!

No problem :), although I did change it quite a bit.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2209/italianstyle-beef-stew

I took out the olives, added in red pepper, chickpeas, some hot sauce, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.

It wasn't overly spicy just had a little after kick to the flavour.

I took out the olives, added in red pepper, chickpeas, some hot sauce, cayenne pepper and smoked paprika.

That's exactly what I would have done! :pac:
    Thanks for this..looks divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

My mum and I were shopping in the shopping centre it was outside it buffalo... something actually I'd love to know the name as it was gorgeous also got a lovely dress too you from Dublin?
    Were in Dundrum? Looks good and nice and clean I like it.

Mmm that look tasty

<mod snip: picture removed>

• Advertisement

Well my pan"cake Tuesday turned into chocolate"cake Tuesday :)

Perhaps it was Beeftro, the steakhouse?

Yes that's the name !! What a place and then Eddie rockets for a milkshake omg
    dipdip wrote: »
    Perhaps it was Beeftro, the steakhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

dipdip wrote: »
    Wild salmon fish cakes, with baby potatoes, cauliflower cheese and carrots.

Lovely! Where did you source wild salmon at this time of year? I can only get farmed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

That looks amazing - care to share the link to the recipe? :)

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Lovely! Where did you source wild salmon at this time of year? I can only get farmed here.

In this instance I used canned, although you can usually get wild salmon frozen in Aldi. M&S is another good spot for wild salmon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

leahyl wrote: »
    That looks amazing - care to share the link to the recipe? :)

You must have missed it - there's a link in post #1068 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,270 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

You must have missed it - there's a link in post #1068 :)

:o Ooops....I was so excited I didn't bother reading the rest of the posts :pac:

Thanks Dizzyblonde

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Hi Marty,

Thanks for this. I note from the recipe that the cooking time is very short (for a stew)...did you cook as per the recipe or cook for longer?

Thanks,
    Loire.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 325 ✭✭finix

On the way home stopped at the chipper, A huge smoked cod and chips which I put in the boot to stop me nibbling on the way home. I was so restrained when I got home as I had to heat up the tin of Harry Ramsdens mushy peas first and butter the 2 slices of batch and make the mug of tea....Then Ahhh !
    Cant beat it occasionaly !:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement