Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'm sorry for your troubles. House hunting in Dublin last year drove me to talking to myself in the streets.

Can't cope. It's the WORST.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Has this turned into a photography thread? :pac: :cool::cool::cool:

I made lamb burgers last night with a crusty loaf. Slow fried onions which were lovely and soft with musrooms & garlic, again slow fried. Burgers had melted cheese and it was divine.

Loire

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

what with all this talk of steak.....
    I had a pan fried flat iron steak from Lidl. Very tasty piece of meat and very cheap too. Just dressed lettuce and tomatoes with it.

n8n1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You'll never in a million billion years guess what I bought and am going to have for dinner today?

Steak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

With all this steak being bought I really think Bord Bia should slip us a few quid for for 'buzz marketing' beef products for them.

ACTUALLY!! We should think of who we'd all like freebies from and mention them in our dinners for a week. It works for bloggers! Why, tonight I might have a cold, crisp glass of Moet & Chandon and take some photos on my iPad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Went for a really good Thai meal yesterday. I had Beek Gai, so stuffed chicken wings with seasoned mince and sweet chilli dip to start. Then Ner Pat Prik which was a divine top side of peppery beef flash fried with Thai basil and garlic in soy sauce with fragrant rice. Nyumyumyumyumyum. Both were excellent although our meal somewhat tempered by a vile little waitress. I hate shoddy customer service but I love Trip Advisor so will make sure to give the amazing food and pissy waitress an honest appraisal in my review :)

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

2 Striploin steaks in Lidl for €5.99! I know where i'm going after work :pac:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/SID-C40F28AB-E6A079FE/www_lidl_ie/hs.xsl/3245.htm

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

With all this steak being bought I really think Bord Bia should slip us a few quid for for 'buzz marketing' beef products for them.

ACTUALLY!! We should think of who we'd all like freebies from and mention them in our dinners for a week. It works for bloggers! Why, tonight I might have a cold, crisp glass of Moet & Chandon and take some photos on my iPad

I know you're probably not entirely serious, but let's take this discussion to the mod forum :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I am absolutely having steak this weekend. himself is hoping for friday (:p) but we shall see.

tonight I have beef in the fake le creuset with red wine and mushrooms and beef stock and will have that with lots of buttery mash. can't wait :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

misslt wrote: »
    tonight I have beef in the fake le creuset with red wine and mushrooms and beef stock and will have that with lots of buttery mash. can't wait :D

Beef cheek done that way is yum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Rew wrote: »
    Beef cheek done that way is yum

Not your run of the mill cut of beef. I'd love to try it as well as guanciale.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

It's like a steak fest in here!

I made a minced beef and onion pie and we had it with mash, broccoli, cauliflower and sprouts. It was huge so I've frozen the half that was left.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Steak here too! Partly due to steak thread discussion, and partly due to Bernaise Sauce, rocket and sweet potatoes in fridge - all they needed was a steak to make it happen. Tesco 28 day age sirloin.
    And my sister picked up some Date Tomatoes in the green grocer. Lovely and sweet.
    3 steaks in 5 days.

2014-03-13202834.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Not your run of the mill cut of beef. I'd love to try it as well as guanciale.

You can get it in Fallon & Byrne and the butcher there is trying to get his hands on pork cheek as well. Beef cheek is cheap and easy to cook as long as you give it plenty of time. I had never heard of guanciale sounds interesting.

I had no steak at all today because I got too bogged down in watching American Horror Story (dear god, watch this insanity, it is the silliest thing I have ever seen), so I had aldi shrimp nibbles instead.

So good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Dinner tonight was a bowl of tapioca with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

B0jangles wrote: »
    I had no steak at all today because I got too bogged down in watching American Horror Story (dear god, watch this insanity, it is the silliest thing I have ever seen), so I had aldi shrimp nibbles instead.

So good.

What are aldi shrimp nibbles?

And that is the best excuse I've ever heard for not having steak for dinner.

fiddlechic wrote: »
    What are aldi shrimp nibbles?

And that is the best excuse I've ever heard for not having steak for dinner.

They did this box at christmas of 36 prawn hor d'oeuvres - so good, so spicy and delicious - I ate about 25 of them for dinner because my steak was all cold and raw and no-one would cook it properly for me >:(

(or at all, to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight I made turmeric roast chicken and a pot of chickpea and spinach curry.

2014-03-13%2019.29.22_zpsvm9nqrcx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Jerk chicken wings with rice and peas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

A smoked bacon and red onion omlette with grilled balsamic tomatoes and beans.

Simple dinner so I didn't bother with a pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Well those flat iron steaks did come in a pack of two and Mrs Beer is away so.....
    Pan fried flat iron steak; a slice of McCarthy's white pudding; warm salad of baby broad beans, soya beans and peas (M&S frozen mix) with onion, tomato concasse and plenty of vinaigrette; a small bit of fried onion.

x6ak.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

I tried slow braised lamb shanks for tonights dinner. Followed by ice-cream with hot chocolate sauce.

cu46.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Since everyone has been going steak crazy figured I'd join in :).

Sweet potato coated in cayenne pepper and smoked paprika with olive oil, Asparagus coated in garlic and chilli powder and a sirloin steak :).

SAM_0901_zps5131e2c4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Tonight was a beef stir fry himself picked up from the butcher, plus yesterday's chickpeas and spinach curry, served with brown basmati. And a bottle of pinot grigio.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Long time lurker here and first pic. All the steak talk has made us all steak mad! 3 guesses what was on the menu tonight .. One of the two x €5.99 striploins from lidl. Nice bit of steak for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Simple food tonight as I've been cooking all week.
    Mozzarella and pesto thin-base pizza, potato wedges and a salad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Massive chicken and veg stir fry. ALL the veggies! Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Wednesday we had home-made chicken Jalfrezi with rice and naan bread:

rh39xl.jpg

Thursday we had home-made meatballs with home-made tomato sauce and brown spaghetti:

vhuofd.jpg

WITH salad!:

bgtlyh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Had a vague compulsion that steak would be good tonight. Sirloin, sous vide at 50c, then flash fried across a searingly hot pan in the garden. Seasonings were japanese shichimi togarashi and loads of salt. Thinly sliced beef with salads and pickles in flat bread wraps.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement