Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Meatballs in tomato sauce served with stir-fried green beans, broccoli & spinach. May have had a G&T also.

IMAG1514_zpsc1050ad5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Got fresh squid earlier (hate taking their damn heads off, that schluuuuuck suck sound is bleugh)

Stir fry of onions and mushrooms with soy/sesame noodles. Then flash fried the squid with some garlic and chili and tossed it through, drizzle of sweet chili sauce. Served with some grilled courgettes as I am addicted to them.

dZzbLrxl.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I had a take away chicken shish kebab this evening and it was delicious. I feel dirty, but it was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

It was homemade pizza for dinner last night with chorizo, streaky bacon & black olives. The crust was stuffed with mozzarella and brushed with garlic oil. however, it defeated me and I had to fridge a few slices!

E4FCE878-8C4A-4527-9C15-EAD53972DF92_zpsf0oba5ou.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Rice, cauliflower roasted with Indian spices, and crispy chicken thighs. I love crispy chicken skin like nothing else on earth

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight's dinner was pretty simple; cooked chicken, jacket potatoes (rubbed in oil and baked for about 1.5 hours), and green salad with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and scallions.

I made the simplest salad dressing ever; three tablespoons EVO, one tablespoon Balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of French mustard and a pinch of salt. Nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭dmc17

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Tonight's dinner was pretty simple; cooked chicken, jacket potatoes (rubbed in oil and baked for about 1.5 hours), and green salad with lettuce, peppers, tomatoes and scallions.

I made the simplest salad dressing ever; three tablespoons EVO, one tablespoon Balsamic vinegar, a teaspoon of French mustard and a pinch of salt. Nom.

As opposed to......:D

dmc17 wrote: »
    As opposed to......:D

Har har :P

It was one of those rotisserie chickens, we didn't cook it ourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

tmc86 wrote: »
    It was homemade pizza for dinner last night with chorizo, streaky bacon & black olives. The crust was stuffed with mozzarella and brushed with garlic oil. however, it defeated me and I had to fridge a few slices!

Long time lurker (and drooler!) - but I just had to say this looks amazing! I've tried to do the mozzerella in the crust before and it just didn't work - most leaked out and under the base and over the edge - the rest just didn't really melt. Have tried it with solid chunks, slices and grated - could you pretty please share how you got this to work!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Har har :P

It was one of those rotisserie chickens, we didn't cook it ourselves!

I'm curious to know why, if you're going to have the oven on for 1 and a half hours to bake the potatoes you chose to go with a cooked chicken rather than a raw one. Just curious.

• Advertisement

Last night we had floured and pan fried whiting fillets, sautéed leeks, grilled plum tomatoes with garlic and potato/Jerusalem artichoke/garlic mash. Squeeze of lemon too, of course.

8pYDcS.jpg

I'm curious to know why, if you're going to have the oven on for 1 and a half hours to bake the potatoes you chose to go with a cooked chicken rather than a raw one. Just curious.

Ask my mother, she bought it :P

It was just an easy dinner that everyone will eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Lazy dinner today!

BLT made with beef tomatoes, gem lettuce, a bacon weave and sun dried tomato mayo (blitzed sun dried tomatoes into a paste and mixed it with mayo)

Then home made sweet potato fries with paprika, salt and ground black pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

*googles bacon weave*

*dies*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hungover today.
    Couldn't eat breakfast or lunch but come 4pm I was ravenous.
    Headed to Bombay Pantry for Chicken Karahi, naan bread and basmati rice.
    I was so hungry I couldn't even be bothered to find my camera.

I enjoyed every mouthful. There's a batata vada leftover that I might eat now. I have a Bombay addiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Homemade pizza. Baked on the floor of my parent's aga.
    3 goes, and all devoured before I could get a pic.
    Yeast base. Tomato sauce with sundried tomatoes, passata, chilli, anchovies, onions, garlic, thyme and a pinch of sugar - liquidised to a mush as that's the way we roll here. Topped with olives, chorizo, cheddar and mozarella mix.

Washed down with a red wine that we loved, but weren't sure what grape a carignan was; but it was from winesdirect so it was good as always! http://winesdirect.ie/chateau-de-vaugelas-corbieres-french-red.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

*googles bacon weave*

*dies*

I'll just leave these here

bacon-turtles.jpg

and this

bacon-12.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Omg Miss F, I took one look at that, immediately assumed you'd killed some turtles and cooked them and was going to call the Turtle Helpline! :pac:

fussyonion wrote: »
    Omg Miss F, I took one look at that, immediately assumed you'd killed some turtles and cooked them and was going to call the Turtle Helpline! :pac:

There's some mad wan on boards baking terrapins in their shells!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

They look far too real!

• Advertisement

Jamie Oliver's satay skewers & noodle salad. It was really very good, if entirely too hot for my co dinner eater. It's the first time I've made noodles where they weren't bland as bejaysus. Really enjoyed this and happy as can be to have extra satay sauce left over

4fbf6fe0-1a27-4382-b8eb-e5f796f96a5d_zpsbe1cec2e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Had Mexican evening last night so beef tacos filled with meat, grated cheese, salsa, jalapeños, tomatoes and slathered with my homemade guacamole.

A cheeky Chinese from the ever-dependable Sunshine Palace in Tralee - crispy chili chicken with boiled rice. God it was good, a real treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'm not sure if this post should go in to the breakfast, lunch or dinner thread...

I had prepared the basics of a spicy pork & noodle soup for dinner last night. I then went out for an early evening beer, expecting to be home by 7:30 or so. I bumped into some Russian pals & my plans went to pot. It is now 2:20 on Sunday afternoon (ie, lunchtime) & I am having a reheated kebab purchased at some ungodly hour for breakfast. :o

Am fairly incapacitated, but at least dinner is already made for later. :)

Rare striploin, red cargo rice, slow grilled tomatoes with garlic, wilted spinach with nutmeg and lemon.

5rwA8c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Slow roasted jumbo chicken.

My first attempt at cooking a chicken.

Worked out great and I had vegetable soup today made with last nights chicken stock.

My first time making a Sunday roast - pot roast beef, mash, homemade yorkie puddings and garden peas. It turned out super tasty, well pleased!

Simple roast today.
    Free range pork belly, roast garlic, baked golden wonders, tenderstem broccoli, mustard gravy. I feel the need to confess that just Mrs Beer and myself scoffed all the crackling while the meat was resting. Considering our sweetbreads lunch - a lot of rich food today:eek:

4Uy5sH.jpg

7ni2Uu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had roast pork belly, tenderstem broccoli wrapped in smoked streaky bacon, spinach, potatoes and creamy, mushroom sauce.

For the pork belly, I made a marinade of olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley, rosemary, thyme and several crushed garlic cloves. I then brushed some of the marinade on cling film and brush more over the meat and then place the meat on the brushed cling film and poured over the remaining marinade. I wrapped the meat tightly and left it in the fridge over night marinading. Nicest way I have ever done pork belly.

• Advertisement

Was way too sunny for it but we had friends over from Switzerland with a fresh stash of raclette and continental style bacon (the really thin stuff) so we had raclette. And lots of white wine.

No photos because of the thing where people who don't see you that often think you're insane when you take photos of your plate.

Now I'm sitting on the couch eating a whole pack of Sbrinz (which is similar to parmesan) curls that I'm sure they meant to be shared out but I have annexed for myself

sbrinz.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement