Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

image.jpg

Really tasty pork medallions marinated in garlic and herb dressing (Rachel Allen recipe) with roast veg, baby potatoes, French green beans and gravy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had an impromptu posh hotel getaway on Sunday night.

Dinner was pan fried sea bass with tempura filo :rolleyes: prawns and caramelised onion with chorizo (large helpings of mashed potato and Riesling just out of shot) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

^^^ hope they didn't say tempura prawns on the menu because those are prawns in filo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Veg-heavy bolognese with pan-fried asparagus, green beans & spinach. Fried in butter, of course!

IMAG1517_zps4fe4f0ce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Boojum! Dangerously delicious.

Washed down with Sol, followed by Hendrick's High Tea in Gin Palace for dessert.

The novelty of living in Dublin isn't gonna wear off for a while :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

My dinner today consisted of a mc d's chicken wrap :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

too-many-strone. Really couldn't stop throwing things in the pot. Started out with a pack of Aldi bacon offcuts in the slow cooker, threw some cannelini beans in, left it on overnight and then used half the ham, half the beans, carrots, tomatoes, spinach, peas & leeks to make a chunky soup. Then remembered I'd impulse bought little pasta soup stars. In they went.

Cheap & filling and will do 2 people's dinner & lunch the next day

9372fb7a-9036-4a0c-bf6b-46e3d23f6604_zpsc76987dd.jpg

I also made some really nasty banana oat muffins based on a protein pancakes recipe I saw and without measuring anything. Mmm eggy squidge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Your soup looks amazing, Miss F.

I had a long, taxing and difficult day at work so I allowed myself get pizza from Base in Dublin 4. Diavolo pizza, garlic bread pizza and diet Coke - comforting carby goodness :D
    Tomorrow's dinner will definitely involve vegetables :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Made a nice roast tonight. Stuffed pork steak (white pudding, bread-crumbs & sage), tomatoes stuffed with parmesan,cheddar & olive oil roasted and roast potatoes with garlic.

Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

That looks amazing MissF!!

Loire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    ^^^ hope they didn't say tempura prawns on the menu because those are prawns in filo

So they are. Thanks for setting me straight!

Sheesh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

Throwback to Sunday evening we had Nachos for dinner. I must have nachos at least once a month, but always at the weekend.

E6EBAE84-0721-40C9-978D-F70612BDC636_zpspta0yomm.jpg

The leftover chilli was used for chilli con carne & rice on Monday night.

Last night I made a chicken curry using a rub mix and some curry powder, paprika, S&P, ginger, garlic. The sauce consisted of onions, green jalapenos, red pepper, chicken stock, more curry powder, coconut milk and a dash of cream.

Served with rice and half a naan!

D84F2C8C-3883-4260-89D2-BEAECC04E56E_zpsux5ez4es.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I had soup for dinner and smoothie for lunch. Liquidised food for the rest of today as well. Damn wisdom teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

We had spaghetti carbonara last night and it was just comfort food at its best - absolutely delicious.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,088 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Last night I did a chicken stir fry. Chunky cut peppers, mushrooms, onions and chicken, all fried with a drop of fish sauce, and a good dollop of sweet chilli sauce to finish. Didn't make enough of it though, the kids tore through it. No pic, as it was nothing to look at. But very simple and tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Popescu

Fried ribeye steak, french fries, and Don Simon Tempranillo.

DonSimon_zpsc93247dd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

The here's what I drank with dinner " club !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

image.jpg

image.jpg

Today's lunch was a chili, garlic, ginger and soy sauce vegetable and pork stir fry.
    Dinner was a butchers burger, homemade chips, coleslaw and salad.

All simple, easy and tasty!

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

A few days' worth of dinners to throw in. One day last week we had what I can only describe as a "spag bol pie" - slightly weird, but quite delicious:

spagbol-pie.jpg

Sunday I made "pork sandwiches" - slices of pork loin batted out, spread with homemade sage pesto, assembled into sandwiches, fried and finished by simmering in white wine:

pork-sandwich.jpg

Last night, good old comfort food - biksemad med øl og snaps - Danish hash with (home-brewed) beer and akvavit.

biksemad2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

Sloppy Joes on pittas, home made potato salad and rocket dressed with olive oil and lemon juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Chicken stir fry with peanut butter and soy sauce - loadsa veg: grated carrot, ginger, chilli, tender stem broccoli, green beans, mangetout, mushrooms, onions, garlic and beansprouts.
    Ate too quickly to take a photo! (it wasn't very exciting anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Went for a 3k run earlier so it was meant to be salad.....until I returned home and mum had restocked my baking cupboard. So I baked chocolate chip cookies and ate 3 with a pint of milk:pac:

Flapjacks now in the oven for dessert:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

We had chicken casserole tonight, which I'm not keen on but it was my first real dinner in three days so I didn't object!

Tonight was fried chicken breast, french fries and an Alhambra Reserva 1925 beer.

AlhambraReserva1925_zpsec55d34c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Popescu wrote: »
    Tonight was fried chicken breast, french fries and an Alhambra Reserva 1925 beer.

How about a picture of the food instead of the booze? :rolleyes:

fussyonion wrote: »
    How about a picture of the food instead of the booze? :rolleyes:
    I have my priorities, fussyonion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Popescu wrote: »
    I have my priorities, fussyonion.

That's fine but the Beer and Wine forum is that way > :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thread is what I had for dinner, not what I ate for dinner!

Don't you know that beer is "liquid bread"?
    Besides, I don't have camera.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Back on topic please.

Ta,

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement