Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I russled together a rather tasty chicken cacciatore from BBC Good Food (I added some fried streaky bacon too). Fried the bits and pieces and cooked in the slow cooker for 3 hours. A nice Cobra with that too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Italian beef stew, again, very nice.
    I've started a weightloss programme (not a crash diet or anything, just portion control and thinking about what I'm putting in recipes etc). So I'm having to re-think my favourite recipes. I use a LOT of butter, cream, oil etc in my recipes, never realised til I actually sat down and thought about it! Why must fat make things taste so good! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Red wine and beef casserole with a hot pot topping, served with sautéed mushrooms and steamed greens.
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

I'm on my fourth day of eating my new creation :o

It's a lentil pasta sauce and, it contains onion, lentils, garlic, paprika and love a tablespoon of cheese.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Last night was meant to be Chilli Beef from the cooking club, but himself had a different idea and instead it was sirloin steak, with homemade chips (only managed to single fry them as it was getting late), sauteed onion and a fried egg.

This evening the beautiful flavours have permeated the beef strips from the chilli marinade, quick stir fry and a splash of Sherry. Served with nutty brown rice. I really like this dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

Singapore Noodles

SingaporeNoodles_zpse8f48e65.png

I always feel so satisfied after spicy food :D

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Lidl had whole cooked lobsters for 5.99 earlier in the week, so had lobster, wedges and corn on the cob. The lobster was really nice but you don't get a lot of meat from it.

300483.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

This week I finally picked up one of the Aldi curries with the little thing of spices on the top, after seeing them recommended here for months. Mother of god they're good. Or at least the Dopiaza one was. I made a huge chicken and veg curry with it tonight, and have some left for lunch tomorrow. Will go back and stock up on them next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sunday we had roast chicken with all the trimmings.
    (I did have gravy but just took the pic beforehand)

xxs7.jpg

Tuesday we had Spaghetti Bolognese, made with fusilli for a change, and it was lovely:

15ds1ht.jpg

Today we had chicken stir-fry made with red and green peppers, matchstick carrots, courgettes, mushrooms, red onion, scallions, chilli, peas, soy sauce and noodles

1zlf8fb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

We had chicken breasts, stuffed with a stuffing made from breadcrumbs, chorizo, sun dried tomatoes, onion and mushrooms, with peas and garlic roasted potatoes.

• Advertisement

This week I finally picked up one of the Aldi curries with the little thing of spices on the top, after seeing them recommended here for months. Mother of god they're good. Or at least the Dopiaza one was. I made a huge chicken and veg curry with it tonight, and have some left for lunch tomorrow. Will go back and stock up on them next week!

Try the Madras one too..delooooocious!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Tonight had my favourite dinner:
    Glass of red wine.
    Charcuterie board.

Normally I have this in Ely, but tonight had it in Fallon and Byrne, and while not as fancy; still quite awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

fussyonion wrote: »

Tuesday we had Spaghetti Bolognese, made with fusilli for a change, and it was lovely:

I have those bowls too!!:D:D

I always end up with the 'slurper' one for some reason:pac:

Tonight for me was marinated lamb chops, rocket and beet leaf salad and sweetcorn. Tomorrow it shall be lamb belly, looking up a marinade to use on it now :)

.Kovu. wrote: »
    I have those bowls too!!:D:D

I always end up with the 'slurper' one for some reason:pac:

Tonight for me was marinated lamb chops, rocket and beet leaf salad and sweetcorn. Tomorrow it shall be lamb belly, looking up a marinade to use on it now :)

Haha! I actually wondered if anyone else had the bowls.
    I always end up with "Chancer". Heh you gave me a good giggle there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Tonight we made pizza, using the dough recipe from the Death by Cheese pizza in the Cooking Club (which is a super easy dough to work with, thumbs up)

My oven is bad and ruins food that is supposed to be crispy so we started out pizzas off by throwing the base into a pan over a very hot flame for a few minutes, adding toppings and then sliding it onto a hot baking sheet in the oven. Worked really well!

e05a8f53-3020-4009-a75b-d2ac8db70cc2_zps7cd962bb.jpg
    6e6e754b-720f-4cc7-b236-5a0ae8d77504_zps50c8fdf8.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Smoked salmon and broccoli pasta bake. Very tasty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last night was chicken sweet 'n' sour with loads of veg. I mean, every vegetable I found in the house was thrown in, instead of rice. Lovely and wholesome.

Tonight is Steak Friday for me, so I'm defrosting a piece of sirloin. Trying to decide what to do with it, bearing in mind there's feck all food in the house :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

fiddlechic wrote: »
    Tonight had my favourite dinner:
    Glass of red wine.
    Charcuterie board.

Normally I have this in Ely, but tonight had it in Fallon and Byrne, and while not as fancy; still quite awesome.

+1 definitely one of my favourite meals!

You probably know it but there's a nice Russian wine bar called Olesya's which is opposite Fallon & Byrne. Great selection of wine and they do a really nice Charcuterie board.

Did you also see Meet & Meat at the bottom of South William Street? It's only just opened but in the evening they specialize in Wine & Charcuterie boards.

It's on my ever-growing list of places to try!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Ha, never heard of sweet 'n' sour being described as 'wholesome' before!!

Last night we had sticky BBQ pork with egg noodles and greens. No pic as it was devoured immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Tonight we made pizza, using the dough recipe from the Death by Cheese pizza in the Cooking Club

As someone with what could almost be considered a fetish for cheese, it makes me very very very very happy indeed seeing that you actually then put MORE cheese on your already cheesy pizza when cooked - kudos!

I had smoked haddock and CHEESE fishcakes and salad for dinner last night.

Mmmmmm, cheese

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hangar Steak is on the menu for tomorrow in Chez Brinty...
    Think i might do a rocket based salad with cherry tomato's, radishes, cucumbers, shaved carrots and a home made balsamic dressing
    Now what to do with the spuds to accompany it!!!
    Oh and some toasted garlic ciabatta with cheese and drizzled in olive oil
    Should be lovely...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Chicken Paella. Yum.

2014-03-28%2017.37.01_zps020wwkpr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Tonights is going to be Beef Stroganof with Rice and Veggies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Chili, lime, ,corriander dressed salmon fillet on a bed on with creamy mashed potatoes and asparagus.... Was well tasty
    And desert was strawberrys, ice cream
    Simple but delicious! !

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

I'm having Gammon with pineapple-not had it in years and can't wait.
    Thanks Mrs Makood :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Also making homemade lasagne tomorrow and il make my own sauce for it.. not a fan of lasagne with veg in it I just put mushrooms in it (I live mushrooms) and dusted with white grated cheese & homemade chips (seasoned) I take a picture this time

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Chicken with peppers, mushroom and onion in a Mexican sauce served with homemade Cajun wedges. The salad was mixed leaves, onion, tomato, cucumber with Parmesan shavings and a simple homemade balsamic dressing.
    image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Caprese salad followed by a pepperoni pizza from M&S, yummy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My effort with surf & turf.

2B4CAD33728D4CDCB16023604D8F67A7-0000324795-0003529645-00800L-73A1244398F34F69A3F48410EED366B8.jpg

12F81965B2A845378A6D678425632ADE-0000324795-0003529646-00800L-8E24C4A6B557486F89B63869AEDDD22E.jpg

Next time, I'll add chorizo to the prawns. Or maybe paprika.
    I was in cubs with the butcher, he threw in the second steak!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

beertons wrote: »
    My effort with surf & turf.

Next time, I'll add chorizo to the prawns. Or maybe paprika.
    I was in cubs with the butcher, he threw in the second steak!

Looks delicious. How many people were you feeding???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement