Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Sure there's only one plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

I have been eyeing up some smoked mackerel fillets in chilli, lime and ginger marinade in the local shop for a while.
    I had aspargus, brocolli, a few cherry tomatoes and some lettuce in the fridge. Steamed the veg, and dressed with some extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and dijon.
    So I bought the smoked mackerel. Not that nice; but overall I felt virtuous! Look at all the green on the plate.

2014-03-28193322.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Medium rare sirloin, homemade wedges, fried mushrooms and pepper sauce. Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

T-bone steak from O'Crualaoi in Cork. 9 euro but the nicest piece of meat I've eaten in a long time. A few fried onions on time and some nice St. Emillion to wash it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Smoked sausage, "burnt-end" BBQ beans and corn on the cob.

300655.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Striploin steak, pickled cabbage and wholemeal cous cous with roasted veg.

B4756BB9-A6A3-4BFA-BE6C-34A195E8D894_zpslwcq41ne.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Aldi Angus fillet steaks, cooked medium rare, with homecut rooster & sweet potato chips, barely-boiled broccoli and asparagus, and a heap of fried onions and mushies.

Good god it was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Dinner was a couple of sandwiches. Rare lamb leftover from the previous evening that had been marinated in a dry rub of japanese pepper. Also piled on a heap of pickled vegetables and some hot sauce.

Ate that while 5kg of minced beef turned slowly into spag bol and chilli con carne.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Everyone has gone steak crazy again.
    Me too. I have a couple of striploins in the fridge for tonight!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I have steak in the fridge too :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Feck it. I'm off to the butcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Steaks for the Merkins also!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Last night we went to Marco Pierre White's on Dawson Street. It was TERRIBLE! Food was so bad I had to send it back and then I had to contend with the most shockingly arrogant manager who said there was nothing wrong with the food. Himself's main course was so miniscule he was still hungry after. Wine was like expensive vinegar and tables were on top of each other.

We were both starving when we left and ended up having another dinner at home! AVOID!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

You should write to complain. I've done that with our recent visit to Raymond Blancs and they're taking it really seriously so definitely get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Last night we went to Marco Pierre White's on Dawson Street. It was TERRIBLE! Food was so bad I had to send it back and then I had to contend with the most shockingly arrogant manager who said there was nothing wrong with the food. !

What was bad about it?

What was bad about it?

The fish was not de-boned and the chips (of which there were five) were cold. It was like really bad pub grub... but with an expensive price tag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That must have been such a disappointment, homemadecider.
    I had dinner some years ago in a celeb chef's restaurant in London, paid a bomb for it, service was rude, and food was cold, and not exceptional. Bit of a sickener.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

Beef and veggies in black bean sauce

BeefBlackBean_zpsbee6b376.png

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Slow cooked thai peanut pork, number 51 on the recipe list. Beautiful. Put in a spoon of molasses in, and it went down a treat.

6E26624C9CFC47BA8CE7DF551B1F5A89-0000324795-0003529838-00800L-B29B33E87EF2491DB4289C4E4C05A9B9.jpg

Proper dinner after last night's fiasco. We had ribeye steaks with peppercorn sauce (made with butter, shallots, brandy, beef stock and single cream), served with homemade chips done in the oven.

OH GOD SO GOOD.

IMAG1522_zps86608b82.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Spaghetti with prawns in chilli tomato sauce, with a plate of leafy salad on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Hmmm
    Hangar steak
    Potatoes in paprika
    Rocket radish cucumber carrot and bacon lardon salad balsamic dressing
    Garlic ciabatta

Hope ye all like

Photos hopefully are clear

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Rich, decadent lasagna here tonight. Not quite on the scale of The Sweeper's cooking club recipe, but a much longer, slower cook than I usually do. Served with a light salad, although the Irish girl in me was screaming 'where's the garlic bread and chips?!' :D

No pictures because I just laid into it without thinking of pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

We had a tasty and spicy chili con carne with basmati rice. I added plenty of grated vintage cheddar on top! Yum.

Later we scoffed a cheese board with chilled prosecco. ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭greasepalm

i must be so boring eating my meager rib eye steak and potato gratin,if your near the meat outlet on kilmacud lower i suggest you try their meat.open 7 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Curry Addict's ridicculously good Malaysian Curry. I am so full

3b5fec4b-f802-4894-b88c-7773bc4eb91c_zps3b5e06e9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Last night was - STEAK! (A big one. :))
    Medium rare, with a bowl of onion gravy & a few chunks of crusty bread.
    Then - Sofa, wine, movie & a bag of Twix Mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Chicken biryani, I used a different recipe than last time, much less dry and a lot tastier!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Chicken biryani, I used a different recipe than last time, much less dry and a lot tastier!

I'd love to be able to make a decent biryani - could you pop the link up please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

@Miss Flitsworth

Is that coriander? :eek:

You know, it takes a while for me to get used to flavours. I despised Hoisin sauce the first time I had it, but, after a few times I started to like it, and yesterday I had it in a stir fry and I loved it.

I wonder should I give fresh coriander leaves a go again? I found them a little too 'minty' the last time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement