Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

It is coriander indeed. I had had a little too much wine to do my usual fine chopping job so it's just plonked on top.

I hated coriander when I first ate it, hated it. Not sure why I decided to persist with it and eat it regularly but it really is an acquired taste, I put it in and on just about everything now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd love to be able to make a decent biryani - could you pop the link up please?
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4686/chicken-biryani
    I also added peas and a chopped yellow pepper to up the veg content.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

How come it's so hard to get sausage meat outside of the Christmas period?
    Anyway, to get around that I used two of a six-pack of Tesco finest sausages and half a chopped up onion. Add a couple of extras, whether a pepper or some tomatoes topped with grated cheese and we're off...!!!!

WP_001860_zps78ad229c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Sorry for the bad picture quality but I was using my old phone.

A Chicken Vindaloo loosely based on @curryaddicts base and paste recipes.
    Added 10 dried birds eyes to the base for pure fire :D
    Some plain old rice and Air-fryed chips. Tastiest curry I have had in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Home made lasagne with salad:

t6wk85.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes, cauliflower n' cheese, roast carrots, peas n' sweetcorn, stuffing & gravy. Stuffing! Sage & onion stuffing in the cavity of the bird. God it was delicious. I could have eaten just a plateful of stuffing and gravy.

For some unknown reason, stuffing a bird fell out of favour. Well I'm bringing it BACK!!! (At least in our house)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/4686/chicken-biryani
    I also added peas and a chopped yellow pepper to up the veg content.

I love the BBC Good Food site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Last night was a Chinese, duck in plum sauce with fried rice. It was really bland and the duck skin wasn't a bit crispy. Fairly disappointing because I love duck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I just cooked dinner for my Mama, it included all of her favorites; sichuan pork dumplings with spicy dipping sauce, spicy fried rice and giant buttons for dessert :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night the daughters treated us to a huge Thai takeaway in advance of Mother's Day :)

Today Mr. Dizzy cooked roast beef, dauphinoise potatoes and shredded cabbage. I've never liked cabbage with bacon or ham but I love it with beef.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

we went out for dinner today. It was awful. We were there for over an hour and had starters and mains, we left before dessert.

Starters:
    Me: Chicken, mushroom, mozzarella and tomato parcels. It was lovely, very happy with it.
    Dad: smoked salmon, he enjoyed it, said it was nice.
    Mum: she had mushroom soup and she said it was cold and bland.

Mains:
    Me: Chicken Chow Mein. It was awful, it was like a soup with noodles and veg. There was no chicken in it, and when we went to pay they tried to charge for the chicken when there was none present.
    Dad: Hake. He thought it was awful, the fish was over cooked and again very bland. The veg were over cooked also.
    Mum: Chicken Caussaur: she loved it, she said it was really nice.

I wasnt very happy with it. The service was terrible. We wont be going there again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

herisson wrote: »
    we went out for dinner today. It was awful. We were there for over an hour and had starters and mains, we left before dessert.

Mother's Day can be a bit hit and miss, it's probably one of the busiest Sundays of the year in the restaurant trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

Mother's Day can be a bit hit and miss, it's probably one of the busiest Sundays of the year in the restaurant trade.

All the more reason to get it right

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

fussyonion wrote: »
    Home made lasagne with salad:

Looks absolutely lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We had a gorgeous 3 course meal for mothers day today, but I was cooking for 5 hours so had to go and take a nap after dinner :o

Starter was a caramelised red onion tart with prosciutto and goats cheese
    682EE0A1-4749-4D81-B228-FA9EF50E9C34_zpsckblfp7t.jpg

Then a spinach and pesto lasagne

06ED3EE6-8148-457E-A8F6-0C1CA1E63252_zps8xpcfr3i.jpg

Followed by a very delicious lemon passionfruit meringue tart which I was verrrrry proud of!

FDBA1530-33B3-46AA-8D37-C8CFE30255A6_zpsjzgahkmc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Holy cow, angeldelight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I honestly feel emotional looking at that lemon and passionfruit meringue tart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Merkin wrote: »
    I honestly feel emotional looking at that lemon and passionfruit meringue tart.

It looks exquisite... There is a word I don't find much use for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Dr.MickKiller

Burger, left over beans and potato salad.

300960.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Thai-style soup with green beans, scallions & prawns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jfmeto

Burger, left over beans and potato salad.

<quoted pic snipped>
    That is not a burger!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

That is a burger topped with cheese & sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭dmc17

That is a burger topped with cheese & sauce.

It's cheese and sauce seasoned with a little burger meat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Oh my God I am STARVING after those last few posts - especially Angel Delight - good God, that looks so good!! Did you use a particular recipe for the pesto lasagne?

The best bit is there's lasagne and lemon tart left over for my lunch, hurry up 1pm!

Here's the lasagne recipe

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1943/fresh-lasagne-with-pesto

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

A very simple Sunday dinner of rare Sirloin steak and grilled portobello mushrooms in garlic butter.

8A699429-5F34-43D5-98EB-7F4D6633D52C_zpsvgtfwmd9.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

Angel delight does the lasagne taste as good as it looks?

Chloebeag wrote: »
    Angel delight does the lasagne taste as good as it looks?

It does - it's gorgeous! The only thing is because it doesn't have any meat or 'solid' vegetables in it, it's impossible to serve up as anything other than a plate of delicious slop as it just spreads everywhere on the plate so it wouldn't be great for a dinner party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Big Green Egg arrived into the house on Saturday, going to be a good summer.

Smoked some chicken the first night, it was amazing.

Yesterday was

lDL8U7kl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

When I saw the words "angel delight" being mentioned, I thought someone had posted a pic of it, so I'm there scrolling back to find it.
    Thinking "What are they all on about, there's no Angel Delight here!".

Then I noticed angeldelight (poster) :o:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement