Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Chloebeag

fussyonion wrote: »
    When I saw the words "angel delight" being mentioned, I thought someone had posted a pic of it, so I'm there scrolling back to find it.
    Thinking "What are they all on about, there's no Angel Delight here!".

Then I noticed angeldelight (poster) :o:o

Sorry that was the autocorrect on my phone! Hope I didn't get your hopes up 😉

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

We had a gorgeous 3 course meal for mothers day today, but I was cooking for 5 hours so had to go and take a nap after dinner :o

Beautiful!

We have the same plates. M&S? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

dipdip wrote: »
    Beautiful!

We have the same plates. M&S? :)

Yep! Well spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we will have roast lamb, vegetables, potatoes and gravy. Can't wait, my absolute favourite dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

Tonight we will have roast lamb, vegetables, potatoes and gravy. Can't wait, my absolute favourite dinner.
    Lamb chops of some description, oniony gravy and air-fryed chips. Chips again. Becoming a staple here so hopefully not too unhealthy :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Homemade Lasagne homemade chips I was lucky to get a picture it was tasty !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Hi im Herisson, and im addicted to Sun Dried tomatoes :o

Tonight, we had pulled pork, recipe from the cooking club, and i put it on a bap with sundried tomato mayo, sundried tomatoes, lettuce and mushrooms and onions. With a side of salad.

So good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I bought a bag of prawns from Supervalu the other day, and I found that the prawns didn't taste very, prawny. So I thought of cooking them in strong flavours with whatever's left.
    Tonight is Madhur Jaffrey's Goan Prawn Curry, with brown rice and cucumber slices. Beautiful, but I'd like this with fish in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Have just wolfed down smoked haddock on a bed of steamed spinach, patatas bravas, cherry tomatoes and chorizo done in white wine with a runny egg plonked on top. It was really tasty and baby Merkin likes it too as he's been kicking like mad since and he normally does that with very spicy food! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Savage dinner here tonight. Sirloin steaks done on the griddle, dauphinoise potatoes, fried onions and chestnut mushrooms, garlicky wilted spinach and a creamy peppercorn sauce. Today has been a good food day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Saturday's striploins. Rosti. Kale with garlic. Red wine reduction.

6mNk4H.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭NeonCookies

Tonight I had spanakopita with a side of brocolli roasted with lemon and olive oil.

The spanakopita was homemade, just not by me! This woman who runs a little deli nearby made it and it's absolutely delicious.. I'm going to learn how to make it. It's surprising as I'm normally a "it's not dinner if there's no meat" kind of person.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Faith wrote: »
    Savage dinner here tonight. Sirloin steaks done on the griddle, dauphinoise potatoes, fried onions and chestnut mushrooms, garlicky wilted spinach and a creamy peppercorn sauce. Today has been a good food day!

Could you post the recipe for the garlic wilted spinach please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

A staple of mushroom and leek risotto here this evening.

Bought an extra leek and made leek and potato soup which I'll never be able to recreate as it was just bung together with no recipe, it was far and away the nicest leek and potato soup I've made. Waaaaah :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peekachoona

Roasted beetroot, smoked salmon and asparagus salad with a horseradish dressing....delicious

This looks amazing could you post recipe and whats the bright pink stuff? [qute="peekachoona;89719805"]Roasted beetroot, smoked salmon and asparagus salad with a horseradish dressing....delicious[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peekachoona

Hi Ellavin..will poat recipe tomorrow if that suits...basically the salad leaves are tossed in horseradish dressing...then you mix a timy bit of dressing with some juice from beetroot and it turns pink...my lettuce on the plate was not as high as I would have liked...but the pink looks great and lifts the salad...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Could you post the recipe for the garlic wilted spinach please?

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/garlic-sauteed-spinach-recipe.html

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Tonight I had spanakopita with a side of brocolli roasted with lemon and olive oil.

The spanakopita was homemade, just not by me! This woman who runs a little deli nearby made it and it's absolutely delicious.. I'm going to learn how to make it. It's surprising as I'm normally a "it's not dinner if there's no meat" kind of person.

I served up a side of sticky sausages for the meat eaters when I made spanakopita and it went down a storm. For vegetarians, I can confirm that it works with veggie sausages too:

Twist sausages in half to make cocktail sausages. Put into an oven-proof dish. Mix roughly equal parts of hoisin sauce, honey and wholegrain mustard, toss the sausages around in it and bake in the oven, stirring it a couple of times so they get nicely browned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Lovely plain dinner yesterday, haddock fillet (fried in a tiny bit of oil after being dipped in seasoned flour), plain potatoes, broccoli and aioli. Nom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Lovely plain dinner yesterday, haddock fillet (fried in a tiny bit of oil after being dipped in seasoned flour), plain potatoes, broccoli and aioli. Nom.

Sounds delicious! Aioli is one of my favourite things, ever.

Last night was chicken casserole, again. My mum is getting very fond of it, unfortunately.

On the menu today for himself the fish its mackerel, salad and some flavored rice

ellavin wrote: »
    On the menu today for himself the fish its mackerel, salad and some flavored rice

Is the mackerel cooked/salted/pickled?

And for me lemon garlic infused chicken

Wrapped in tinfoil with lemon orange n oven 15 min
    Makood wrote: »
    Is the mackerel cooked/salted/pickled?

Wrapped in tinfoil with lemon orange n oven 15 min

Lovely, wasn't sure. The missus salts it and it looked very similar!

And for me lemon garlic infused chicken

Can I ask for a recipe for the chicken? I have a chicken breast defrosted and I'm in the mood for garlic but have no idea how to connect the two :pac:

I love the zesty taste it gives the fish ..
    Mak wrote: »
    Lovely, wasn't sure. The missus salts it and it looked very similar!

Its not really a recipe I bought a chicken Mary land when its in oven 15 mins I poured lemon juice over both sides and sprinkled powered garlic both side its gorgeous and lemon makes it crispier :)
    Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    Can I ask for a recipe for the chicken? I have a chicken breast defrosted and I'm in the mood for garlic but have no idea how to connect the two :pac:

• Advertisement

Its not really a recipe I bought a chicken Mary land when its in oven 15 mins I poured lemon juice over both sides and sprinkled powered garlic both side its gorgeous and lemon makes it crispier :)

Sounds lovely and simple, I might try something similar. Thanks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement