Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

Homemade chips (skin on) with fishfingers and beans for dinnipoos tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,770 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

ellavin wrote: »
    On the menu today for himself the fish its mackerel, salad and some flavored rice

If you don't mind me saying so, that fish looks very fine-grained & light in colour for mackerel. Looks lovely all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

:L :L my bad I used the trout!! Its not mackerel although il do that tomorrow now.. good detection!
    If you don't mind me saying so, that fish looks very fine-grained & light in colour for mackerel. Looks lovely all the same. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

ellavin wrote: »
    :L :L my bad I used the trout!! Its not mackerel although il do that tomorrow now.. good detection!

I must admit I wondered!
    Still looks lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Snack box! Nom nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I did a sort of marinade for my chicken with oil, garlic salt and pepper. I'm butterflying the chicken breast and having it with potato wedges, garden peas and garlic mayo.

I'll stink tomorrow :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

I made a salad dressing for tonight using almond butter, hoi sin dipping sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, chili, ginger and 5 spice with some water to make it pour pour able. I must say it was delish!! Prob won't be able to get it right again!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Homemade chips (skin on) with fishfingers and beans for dinnipoos tonight. :D

Id have this 7 days a week, yum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Crustless pissaladiere. Tasty but just not as filling without the pastry. Think I'll just make it with pastry next time but eat less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

I made a lasagne Mon which we ate last night. Was told it was my best one ever. My usual recipe with perhaps a little extra wine and extra nutmeg in the bechamel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Tonight is going to be my home made Chicken Chow Mein. I think it is delish, so better than any packet jobby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

hdowney wrote: »
    Tonight is going to be my home made Chicken Chow Mein. I think it is delish, so better than any packet jobby
    Recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Soon my precious soon. I am up in may for the cooking club and it is going to be my recipe :D

A mixed salad, some stir fried veg, a thai fish cake and seasoned fried hake. That was for the 2 of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

The sloppiest, spiciest sloppy joe of all time!

Well maybe not, but it was lovely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Cheeseburgers - freshly made from scratch.

I was at a presentation today where reference was made (and a photo put up) during a presentation to a kobe beef and scallop slider that features in a sushi chain in the US.

So was thinking about burgers all day.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Cod fillet, with a crumb made out of ground pistachio and peanuts, with buttery peas and sweet potato fries.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Homemade mini ham mushroom pizza delicious! !

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

chicken casserole in red with with herby dumplings.

it tasted like more:)

John Mason wrote: »

How do you make the dumplings? I make a very simplistic kind so curious!

Self raising flour
    Water
    Salt
    Pepper
    Mix together until a mixture that just about holds together. 10 mins one one side then turn and 5-10 mins to finish. My Dad calls them doughballs but I love them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

2dsk5e9.jpg

300a3px.jpg

Scallops with chorizo. Tomato salad and toasted ciabatta. And a cheeky little orange for dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night I went for the easy-but-oh-so-tasty option: Aldi Tikka Masala with the wee tub of dry spices, with chicken. Served with basmati rice and a lovely naan. Homnomnom. Those jars always catch me by surprise with just how good they are!

This evening I wanted to use up the remaining chicken fillet left in the wee pack and the huge bowl of cooked rice leftover from yesterday, so I made eggy rice with lashings of dark soy sauce and mange tout, and grilled the chicken with a bitta season-all spice mix. Really tasty and satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

I want your dinner!

Mine today was surprisingly good, grilled salmon, pulled it apart, threw it into a dish with chopped cherry tomatoes, topped it with pasta in cream and sundried tomato pesto, and into the oven for ten minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Only having dinner at stupid o'clock because of college so tonight was a sandwich. A nice sandwich with pork chop, cheese, franks & my attempt at my 5 a day provided by a sprinkling of wilted coriander but a sandwich nonetheless. I also stuck a decorative flag in it to keep it together walking into the living room . Fancy.

32313653-56ac-4943-9c6e-8a09333b6840_zps4c997c3e.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Miss Flitworth..you're my hero ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

I've been waiting for months and months to cook Nasi Lemak with the whole nine yards - anchovy sambal, fried egg, toasted peanuts, and gem lettuce (traditionally served with cucumber slices but someone ate the last of it yesterday).

2014-04-03%2013.24.27_zpstvrvrx4i.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Ann Landers

John Mason wrote: »

Love how the bottom of the dumplings become impregnated with meaty, stocky goodness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    I've been waiting for months and months to cook Nasi Lemak with the whole nine yards - anchovy sambal, fried egg, toasted peanuts, and gem lettuce (traditionally served with cucumber slices but someone ate the last of it yesterday).

Looks and sounds gorgeous. Any chance of the recipes???

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Hairy Dieter's Egg Fried Rice, with several modifications. Brown instead of white rice. Veg: ginger, chili, garlic, red onion, red pepper, mangetout, sugar snap peas, aspargus, tenderstem brocolli, carrot.
    I like the way they make a flat ommelette first in base of wok and slice into strips. I accidentally added soy sauce twice so a little saltier than I like, but manageable and enough leftover for lunch tomorrow!

2014-04-03194450.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I guess tonight's dinner was a very lazy jambalaya. Fried off some chorizo and threw it in a roasting bag with chicken, rice, peppers, onion, garlic, paprika and chilli powder. Poured it from the bag into a casserole dish for the last five minutes and let some peas steam on top.

Some of the rice is a tiny bit crunchy, but overall a really yummy dinner.

7O9ltbo.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement