Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Oblomov wrote: »
    The lamb was a little "tough".. Tiranisu, all the right parts but.. lady biscuits at the bottem and soggy,,, I prefer some crispness... Not sure if I would go back again.

Where was the meal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Spider crab norimaki in Yamamori. Really tasty but insanely giant pieces, very difficult to eat without being a total mess. To the point that I've now watched several videos on how to eat sushi to see where I was going wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Spider crab norimaki in Yamamori. Really tasty but insanely giant pieces, very difficult to eat without being a total mess. To the point that I've now watched several videos on how to eat sushi to see where I was going wrong

I love it. So are you going back to have a second go?

I might do a Rocky-esque sushi eating training montage before I head back. Going by the size of the pieces I am giving some thought to shadowing a boa constrictor while it tries to swallow a goat for a couple of days for tips & tricks.

I did learn something decent from my videos! You dip the fish side of non-roll sushi into the soy, not the rice side. Also you eat it with your hands (don't think I'll be attempting that in public mind you)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

OK, I know it's grilled chicken thighs again (lemon, thyme and white wine) but I thought the salad deserved a mention:

Roast, skinned red pepper; peeled, deseeded tomatoes; roast garlic (grilled really); toasted almonds; chopped fresh marjoram; good olive oil, squeeze of lemon, salt and pepper. I served it warm.
    Some rocket and lettuce salad.
    Nice crusty bread to mop up the juices.

4Y9KLX.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Pasta meatballs with mushroom pepper sauce nice quick and easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Summery salad of chorizo and garlic, calamari, prawns and some mixed rocket/watercress/spinach leaves with orange juice.

2014_06_30_16_32_41.jpg

2014_06_30_16_31_13.jpg

2014_06_30_16_32_09.jpg

2014_06_30_16_31_41.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

home made tapas!

Chorizo and garlic sun dried tomatoes
    Gnocchi grilled with minced garlic and mozzarella
    Tiger prawns marinated with tequila and lime juice!

14572632303_60f5e93814.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lasagna - with crusty baguette. I could only half taste it though because I'm smothering :(

35cq2o5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Sillymoo, Where was the meal?

5Z42dG.jpg

South London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Boyfriend took a photo of dinner tonight, I don't know what funny angle he used but he managed to make a dainty risotto look like a stodgy mound! The picture looks massive but it was *genuinely* a very reasonable portion!

Courgette and prawn with crispy courgette bits :)

Chicken, goats cheese & squash salad with a balsamic dressing (not Absolut Mandarin)

045977F3-F67D-4FA2-B5EC-D5670EC881FC_zps2eq9qrax.jpg

Moody_mona wrote: »
    funny you should say that as every photo I take seems to make the meal appear burnt/ stoggy or entirely not what it really appears. Now I do have my fair share of dinners that need to be consigned to the bin but I don't make a point of putting them up here. They say the camera never lies though!!! I put it down to a crap camera on my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

*ponders over whether an Absolut Mandarin flavoured dressing would be edible*

:)

I had a sort of fried rice-ish dish.
    Was originally a chicken and veg stir fry with honey-chilli sauce but then I though feck it and threw the rice into the pan too as it was just leftover from yesterday nstead of fresh. Yummy though!

30eFVv7l.jpg

.Kovu. wrote: »
    *ponders over whether an Absolut Mandarin flavoured dressing would be edible*

:)

It tasted a little like Calpol 6+! I'd give Absolute Citron dressing a go, I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Rouille à la seiche with rice, yummy tomatoey goodness! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭emaleth

It tasted a little like Calpol 6+! I'd give Absolute Citron dressing a go, I think

Absolut Ruby Red would be good as well, I think. Except there are no circumstances in which I would leave any to make dressing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Cheese & tomato omelette with large mixed salad. Lots of balsamic on the salad.

Could fairly go for some chocolate now but luckily there's none in the house.

omeletandsalad_zpsbce98c69.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Three (large) egg omelette with feta cheese, scallions, onion and cherry tomatoes. Few salad leaves with home made dressing.

Rogan josh curry one pot dinner tonight all done in slow cooker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Steak sandwich with mustard, raw onion & melted Gouda.

Bratwurst! Thanks Lidl. There are green herbs in them so that's my vegetable intake sorted right out.

4CB8C1C3-4E26-4C54-BBA3-E91E7B605E8B_zpsrl4yjavl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I had the marvellous idea of making key lime pies to bring into work, give to neighbours, etc. I made a few small pies and put them on paper plates for these gifting purposes.
    Anyway, long story short, I remembered I hate everyone, so I had key lime pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Love me some lime!

10zpz6o.jpg

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

gjc wrote: »
    funny you should say that as every photo I take seems to make the meal appear burnt/ stoggy or entirely not what it really appears. Now I do have my fair share of dinners that need to be consigned to the bin but I don't make a point of putting them up here. They say the camera never lies though!!! I put it down to a crap camera on my phone

I have a fairly decent camera on my phone, but I pretty much always tweak photographs (using the Gimp) before I upload them here. Nudge the hue to the warm end of the spectrum, boost the lightness a little and the saturation a little more: tada.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,464 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I have a fairly decent camera on my phone, but I pretty much always tweak photographs (using the Gimp) before I upload them here. Nudge the hue to the warm end of the spectrum, boost the lightness a little and the saturation a little more: tada.

Think of it like seasoning your photos. ;)

oscarBravo wrote: »

"Gimp" is that an app on the phone or a setting on the phone

Gimp is free photo editing software

http://www.gimp.org/

(sorry for legging it in to display my know-it-all-ed-ness to a question asked to you oscarBravo!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Indian butter chicken with rice. I had never made it before but it was dead easy and tasted delicious. LOTS OF BUTTER AND CREAM.

butterchicken_zpse12debce.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Great looking omelette there homemade!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Kablamo! wrote: »
    I had the marvellous idea of making key lime pies to bring into work, give to neighbours, etc. I made a few small pies and put them on paper plates for these gifting purposes.
    Anyway, long story short, I remembered I hate everyone, so I had key lime pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    Love me some lime!

I know quoting pics is not allowed, so go ahead and delete if you wish Mods, but really Kablamo! that really is a https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=gravity%20defying%20cakes :pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement