Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Caprese salad with prosciutto with Spanish extra Virgin olive oil for dipping.....the oil is so moreish I could drink it but at £17 a pop have to use sparingly, it is DELISH though. One of my favourite suppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Gimp is free photo editing software

http://www.gimp.org/

(sorry for legging it in to display my know-it-all-ed-ness to a question asked to you oscarBravo!)
    Not to be confused with other 'gimp' sites on the net. :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Soy and Honey Glazed spatchcock chicken done on the barbecue with some veg. Mmmmmmm. :)

313292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Made chicken tagliatelle with lemon & creme fraiche (Catherine Fulvio) and it was delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Dark spicy minced pork - Onions, pork mince, garlic, ginger, fresh chillies, star anise, cinnamon, chicken stock, leftover beef onion gravy, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce chopped spring onion and fresh coriander to serve.
    Fried sweetheart cabbage.
    Thai white rice.
    Aunty Nancy's chilli sauce (brought from Singapore:D).

Oh the flavours:D

67Un8W.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I'm doing something not dissimilar tonight! It's called Ants climbing a tree and is very tasty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Pork chop baked with goats cheese & balsamic, little baked potatoes and a salad with french dressing

cdce6c70-49cd-4aaa-bf74-10b400850815_zps64b878d1.jpg

Chicken & Prawn Laksa for dins this evening with the Billy Family. The Kids weren't mad about the prawns so I got loads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

Ratatouille with a lovely crusty piece of white bread to mop up the garlicky, olive oily, tomatoey juices. It was sooooo good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Cumberland sausages with onion gravy, shredded white cabbage and roast potato cubes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Ate in Forrest Ave on Sussex Terrace last night.
    'Twas very good - tasting menu 45 quid.
    Breads to start, then heirloom tomato salad, scallops, turbot with a crab sauce and then cheese course. My dining companions had strawberries with goats milk ice cream which was lovely too.
    Overall it was super tasty and beautifully presented.

However, I had a light lunch 7 hours earlier, so we went for a drink afterwards, and I was still hungry, so ended going for a garlic chips in Leo Burdocks - which were amazing as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pan fried medium rare duck breast with tomato vanilla sauce; fried polenta cake; sautéed leeks; beetroot with apple balsamic.

7dYHhp.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Half of this from the garden
    5OrwZz2m.jpg
    made a fabulous accompaniment to fresh salmon from the market, roasted in foil on top of red onions & peppers and
    covered with cream cheese mixed with chopped up red chilli. Yum!
    Nt3NFcQl.jpg

We had the Hairy Dieters baked Salmon with ginger & chilli. Served with thick noodles & stir fried veg (tender stem broccoli, bean sprouts, shallots & sugar snap peas).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Another success courtesy of The Flavour Bible book; prawns with white beans and Italian sausage. Also included some shallots, chilli, garlic, tomato and sugarsnap peas.

I cannot begin to explain how delicious this was. I had a huge raspberry-lime daquiri on the side.

prawnsandsausage_zps065a462b.jpg

Mapo Tofu.

6esPB4A.jpg

never made it before but I will DEFINITELY be making this again - so tasty and spicy and rich!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

We were inspired by this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057242085 and so we had steak sandwiches.

We fried chopped onions, scallions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes in the steak juices and had them on soft white rolls.

After the above were cooked I cut up my steak and put it, along with baby spinach leaves back into the pan for a few minutes.

Absolutely delicious stuff.

2v9aozn.jpg

Tonight we are having sloppy joes. Minced lamb, onions, mushrooms, chilli flakes, chilli and tomato sauce in big floury buns. Can. Not. Wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Another success courtesy of The Flavour Bible book; prawns with white beans and Italian sausage. Also included some shallots, chilli, garlic, tomato and sugarsnap peas.

I cannot begin to explain how delicious this was. I had a huge raspberry-lime daquiri on the side.

Looks yum but what did you put in the daiquiri? Sounds delish

Last night we were having slow cooked pork belly tacos but then I

- forgot my oven was pants and under slowcooked my pork belly - was like rubber when we were ready to eat

-couldn't find chipotles for salsa (Dublin is going through a dry spell)

- just didn't plan well at all so we had

Pepper steak, stuffing, (frozen, Lidl) duchess potatoes, (fridge, Lidl, can't make my own) pepper sauce and parmasen green beans (which ended up with cream in them because I threw the parmesan into a hot pot of beans and it stuck to the end, in with the cream then to try loosen it).

Was lovely! Bar the Lidl pepper sauce which was a little bitter for my tastes. Finished off with various sweeties in a cup

12EC6DA3-34FD-4DDE-B563-97E2EE230683_zpssm2c1rvy.jpg

E0D73ED0-5BBA-43AD-97CF-80CE9D0E65FB_zpsqht9rsl9.jpg

Looks yum but what did you put in the daiquiri? Sounds delish

Absolut raspberry vodka, triple sec, fresh raspberries, lime juice, sugar, ice, water. Blitzed in a blender, guzzled with gusto!

• Advertisement

Finished off with various sweeties in a cup

Love the cola bottle artfully perched at such a roguish angle :P

Food stylin' skillz!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Absolut raspberry vodka, triple sec, fresh raspberries, lime juice, sugar, ice, water. Blitzed in a blender, guzzled with gusto!

I see these in my not too distant future!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Makood

A goat curry from one of Madhur Jaffreys books. Absolutely gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭HelpImAlive

Hangover today so wasn't in the mood for cooking - raid the press kind of day! Ended up with some baked beans, mixed with a little chilli, some ground beef and a few frankfurters threw in the mix.

Toasted some baguette slices then with some chili mayonnaise and a bit of cheddar cheese on top!

10525895_10202225580153220_4491876654616995467_n.jpg

Ribeye steak, pepper sauce, mixed salad.

ribeyesteak_zpsa8386db8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Grilled lamb steaks, steamed new potatoes with lots of butter, and a sauté of mushrooms, onion, garlic, spinach, sugar snaps, lemon and mint. I'm sad it's over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

A lovely family dinner last night with lasagne with salad and meringues for dessert.

Saturday I had a fantastic solo meal - Cupcake Bloke's black pudding and apple scone served as he suggests : with ballymaloe relish, butter and a poached egg. With a glass of cab sav. 'Twas only fabulous.
    Cupcake Bloke is on coppinger row from Thursday to Saturday and all of the baked goods are too good.

2014-07-05191426.jpg

The second half of the ribeye steak with Dijon mustard and potato salad (lots o' parsley from the balcony plant). Followed by some delicious Thorntons dark chocolate with mint.

ribeyeandspuds_zps6050184d.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Feeling very tired and cranky this evening after a long day so a restorative supper was called for.Tom yaam goong soup from Saba, followed by an indecent amount of chocolate and tea. No pics, too busy eating gobbling :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement