Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

dibkins wrote: »
    Risotto. Not the best looking batch I've made, but bloody delicious.

That looks savage
    i want risotto for dinner now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Ok so been in a bit of a food rut lately and been lazy in the kitchen but I'm doing a Gumbo this weekend with Cornbread. Any recipes/suggestions welcome.

Went to L'ecrivan for dinner on saturday (it was Ms Brinty's birthday) and we did the 7 course taster menu. OMG it was so so so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Loire

Risotto. Not the best looking batch I've made, but bloody delicious.

Looks FAB :cool:

Any chance you could post the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So tried some beer can chicken for the first time...

38e5e9ea-5def-4b98-8267-a171d9ae55a9_zps9c552043.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

This hake dish.
    I really is one of the best recipes I've used that I've sourced from boards and I never know why I don't make it more often. I'd highly recommend anyone to try this easy, seriously tasty one pot dish.

I've done it before with tinned tomatoes but this time I used tomato concasse - nicer. (though I am a little obsessed with peeled, deseeded tomatoes at the moment)

We were almost finished eating when I remembered the parsley to serve:mad:

6AVJC8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

So tried some beer can chicken for the first time...

You are the king of this thread, Marty...dribbling here!
    Do share your recipe, won't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Italian chicken served with pasta

+1 Marty for the recipe ..... drools.....

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Loire wrote: »
    Looks FAB :cool:

Any chance you could post the recipe?

Thanks,
    Loire.

Just a basic risotto recipe. With the onion and garlic at the start, i add in some chopped prosciutto. 2 mins before the end, add some defrosted peas (or mange tou, or sugar snaps, or asparagus), and then tons of parmasean.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Just back from two weeks hols in Spain, broke and belt loosened a notch. :(

Brocolli and flat mushrooms are on special in Aldi with runner beans from the garden (:)), chilli, spring onion and sliced peppers. Stir fried with soy and lime juice. There was some salmon in there as well but it wasn't necessary.
    The mushrooms sweated loads of water which was a delicious spicy soup.

433D104E-B77B-48F4-8683-E0536A0ED87D_zpsvi0kaujv.jpg

I've been ordered to cook similar for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had roast beef, carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy made with stock/juices from the roast, it was absolutely delicious. It was something I didn't have for a long time and it really hit the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Food excavated from the permafrost zone in the freezer with a butter knife. Bolognese & green beans.

F6A8648E-0635-416C-8450-9223F8094E6C_zpsdaqxhiei.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

fussyonion wrote: »
    You are the king of this thread, Marty...dribbling here!
    Do share your recipe, won't you?

This is the one I used. Done it in the oven wanted to do it in the BBQ but sadly wouldn't fit think you would need a deep smoker to make it work.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/chicken-recipes/beer-butt-chicken

Be trying this one next got the malt extract today :).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bbq_beer-can_chicken_80142

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Very unpretty but very comforting plate of Tagliatelle in garlic porcini cream, with mountains of freshly grated parmesan and a sprinkle of crushed dried chillies.

2014-07-31%2021.38.24_zpsiesdxkmi.jpg

This may look like an plate of Augustus Gloop but it is, in fact, some ferry, ferry nice raclette. Got to go to the Swiss National Day celebrations in Dublin today so had much sparkledy Swiss white wine, [i can't think of the right name for this, so] dried beef, veal sausage, great bread, 2 types of gruyere, tete-de-moine cheese, more sparkeldy Swiss white wine, chocolate, fruit skewers, little lemon meringue pies. And a plate of raclette with pickles. Also found out that there's a Swiss restaurant in Dublin! Life feels very good right now!

5B4AC562-D02B-4C9B-974C-845EAD0B7120_zpsvd3slh3t.jpg

Where is the Swiss restaurant?! If i recall my trip correctly (colesterol still not cleared my brain) its a lot of cheese, ham, frying and salt!

I made roast stuffed butternut squash. Based on a vegetarian Jamie Oliver recipe, I added both ham and chorizo. I'm cleaning out the fridge for the long weekend!

3yYCgZg.jpg

QuJ6Ab1.jpg

Where is the Swiss restaurant?

Ranelagh :) I think it's mainly cheese based Swiss, so Fondue & Raclette. Very much looking forward to dropping in and OD'ing on gruyere if at all possible!

http://www.swiss-edelwise.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Interessant ist dass.

Sounds like a good spot for a Dublin F&D regulars meet. ???

Good job, they didn't go with zurich prices:) I was treated to brunch last time I went visiting. €45 a head!

Interessant ist dass.

That would be *mega*!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Interessant ist dass.

Date?

• Advertisement

Kind of tough for me at the mo. But sure no harm for someone to start a thread to see if they can kick off an initial meet-up.

Dinner last night was striploin steaks and steamed new potatoes with butter.

Delicious, even if my steak was over cooked. I don't know how I ever managed to eat steak for years without any pink in it. Last night I had to chew twice as much as it was overcooked. :(

Everything-&-the-kitchen-sink-leftover-based-home-made-baked- beans/spaghetti hoops (chickpeas, chorizo, leftover pasta, 2 slightly elderly sausages, chunks of manchego, carrots in a tomato sauce) on buttery toast with a poached egg. Man that was a meal made of pure piggery, really served myself quite an enormous portion. I am a Feeder, targetting only myself.

7CE85AD0-F92A-4375-B966-3F6831A5E106_zpswbfv2jir.jpg

Tonight we're having pasta. I had plenty of stuff to use, so I made two types: spicy mince/bolognese pasta and a garlicky creamy chicken pasta.

For the creamy pasta I got some garlic chicken in the butchers, chopped it up, added onions, dried parsley, mushrooms and peppers, into it, some chicken stock and cream and put it into the oven now for half an hour.

For the spicy pasta, its just mince beef, onions, mushrooms, grated carrots, soy sauce, tin of chopped tomatoes, some beef stock from the roast beef, bit of Oxtail soup, jar of Jamie Oliver chilli and tomato sauce, dried parsley and some chilli flakes of course.

Haven't tasted the spicy one yet, but it smells and looks great, the creamy one is OK. I tasted it before going in the oven, its nice, but nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Breast of chicken curry, some tomatoes, large spanish onions and a delicious jar of Blue Dragon curry sauce (v nice those jars)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Pancake for dinner, with spicy sardine sambal.

2014-08-02%2009.27.28_zpss3gtrjyi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

First time posting here. Had use up some ingredients so I made smoked salmon spaghetti in a white wine cream cheese sauce with spinach, kale, leek and onion garnished with parsley and panko breadcrumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Whoops messed up the PIC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Quinoa and garlic prawn bake.

• Advertisement

I had the out-laws over for dinner this evening & we had Gin & Basil Smashes for aperitifs. Dins was from The Hairy Dieters - Baked salmon with ginger, orange & chilli. I served this with boiled baby new potatoes, & steamed tenderstem broccoli & asparagus.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement