Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

A visit to a michelin starred restaurant,

A selection of the dishes from the taster menu.... and before anyone mentions not enough... if you put all the dishes onto one plate.... Huge.

6Wfw5U.jpg

give you an idea of the selection.... the hors d'oeuvre then the selection

7SkKD5.jpg

delicacies just disolved in the mouth.. taste .. awesome

52qf8y.jpg

centrepiece... Tale of quail with consomme, the "dutch oven" had a musty aromatic musty smell, eggs, legs and breast.. all outstanding flavours.

6CKMuE.jpg

Potatoes... Soft smooth and melt in the mouth.... almost creamy.... very

82aWin.jpg

Truffles inside the apple with tasty aspic

A gastronomic adventure... Awesome.... The starters, really a showcasr of flavours, with iced champagne that melted on the tongue giving an instant fizz.

Just wondering when I can go back

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight I had Connemara rack of lamb, it was beautiful. Perfectly cooked too.

Others in the house had striploin steak and lamb cutlets.

We had boiled new potatoes and peas too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Duck in hoisin tonight...

7E8D5q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

A lovely rib eye steak, ( happy days supervalue steak and wine sale ), green beans, mushrooms and the whole bottle of red wine

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Wild rabbit legs casseroled with beer and mustard.
    Pan fried saddle of wild rabbit.
    Pearl barley with chicken stock and flat leaf parsley.

5MkfSq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Oblomov wrote: »
    A visit to a michelin starred restaurant,

A selection of the dishes from the taster menu.... and before anyone mentions not enough... if you put all the dishes onto one plate.... Huge.

give you an idea of the selection.... the hors d'oeuvre then the selection

delicacies just disolved in the mouth.. taste .. awesome

centrepiece... Tale of quail with consomme, the "dutch oven" had a musty aromatic musty smell, eggs, legs and breast.. all outstanding flavours.

Potatoes... Soft smooth and melt in the mouth.... almost creamy.... very

Truffles inside the apple with tasty aspic

A gastronomic adventure... Awesome.... The starters, really a showcasr of flavours, with iced champagne that melted on the tongue giving an instant fizz.

Just wondering when I can go back

Cliffhouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Noooooo

Restaurant Srorey, Tooley Street, London

65d58F.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Meehoon goreng for din dins this evening.

2014-08-03%2018.35.52_zpsgezmq1ce.jpg

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

tapas.jpg

Tapas!

We only ate about a third of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Another Hairy Dieters recipe tonight - this time was their chicken korma. Holy-moly! It was a damn sight spicier than any korma that I've had in a restaurant. The Kids (who usually opt for kormas when we eat out) loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Mrs Fox wrote: »
    Meehoon goreng for din dins this evening.

Ooh forgive my ignorance but what exactly is that?
    It looks mahoosive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

My first paella. Jaybus but the saffron was fantastic here.

65LeXT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

fussyonion wrote: »
    Ooh forgive my ignorance but what exactly is that?
    It looks mahoosive.

Fried vermicelli noodles. That plate served four portions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Hangover dinner. Striploin steak with gnocchi in a sauce made from fresh tomatoes, olive oil, lots of basil and garlic whizzed in the food processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Another Hairy Dieters recipe tonight - this time was their chicken korma. Holy-moly! It was a damn sight spicier than any korma that I've had in a restaurant. The Kids (who usually opt for kormas when we eat out) loved it.

I have to say that the Hairy Dieters book is probably the only cookbook after the famous Paula Daly/McDonnells ones where absolutely everything is easy and exactly as it says in the recipe.

I had pork chops with a mushroom, cider and bacon sauce, new potatoes and buttered carrots. All yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I made panzanella. Its a bread and tomatoes salad.

I used basil, yellow and red cherry tomatoes, beef tomatoes, normal round ones, stale toasted bread, onions and garlic and chorizo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Salt and chili prawns with fried rice from the Chinese.

Not remotely healthy or wholesome, but bloody delicious :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

I live such a sheltered life. Such 'fancy' sounding dishes here. How did ye all get so great/adventurous with cooking?! I have chicken stir fry in soy sauce and rice a fair bit. Would love to try some different things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We had roast spring lamb, steamed Castlegregory potatoes and carrots, and a a kind of blackberry gravy. Absolutely savage seasonal meal!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I live such a sheltered life. Such 'fancy' sounding dishes here. How did ye all get so great/adventurous with cooking?! I have chicken stir fry in soy sauce and rice a fair bit. Would love to try some different things.

Years of practice and love of eating nice things! :)

Just start trying to make stuff. Loads of recipes on here and on the web to get you started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

I just made my first home made meal in ages, used wholewheat spaghetti, tin of plum tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, paprika, chilli flakes (way too many chilli flakes :-) ) & pepper, surprised myself in how tasty it was even though a bit hot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I had a sort of massana chicken curry without the spuds! Went to Star Asia on Moore St in Dublin today.. I love that shop, so many unusual ingredients! Got a massana curry paste (and stocked up on some other cupboard stuff for next to nothing).

Fried off the paste, added chicken, light coconut milk, some shallots, chickpeas, garlic, ginger and then some cayenne pepper and chili powder. Was nice but needed a birds eye chilli or two. One of those moments with healthy cooking where I really would have liked some double cream but himself (and my waistline) would kill me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Lots of us cook 'ordinary' food most of the time, it's the love of food that binds us :)
    Have a look in the Cooking Club, it's full of great tried and tested recipes with full instructions and photos.

Tonight we had roast leg of lamb studded with garlic and rosemary, roast potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli and peas. And lots of mint sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Cheese, ham, tomato and onion toastie and a King Cone :( Tomorrow night will be different(I hope!). Off to Cliff House for the tasting menu. Yay!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

A quite unseasonal but very restorative dinner, based on one of my favourite recipes, Domini Kemp's spiced mince. Lime and coriander feature heavily, two of my never-fail ingredients for a pick-me-up, which is why I repeat it so often. I added extra peas as I had a bag left over from freezer-defrosting at the weekend, and bulked it out with kidney beans, green lentils and portobello mushrooms. Worked a treat for perking-me-up and atoning for the weekend's indulgences :D

Best of all, I have another three suppers out of it, which will come in handy as it promises to be a busy work week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭gjc

Salad Leftovers from a Barbie we had on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

Had a nasty chicken satay and fried rice...just too lazy to make something so left with eating crap guilt, money wasted guilt and lazy guilt:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

gjc wrote: »
    Salad Leftovers from a Barbie we had on Sunday

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
    sfh5UYJm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tonight we had cheese burgers from the butchers, big thick juicy burgers, cooked perfectly.

Had them in a fluffy bun with onions and tomato. Delicious.

Washed down with an ice cold Paulaner. Mmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Tonight we had cheese burgers from the butchers, big thick juicy burgers, cooked perfectly.

Had them in a fluffy bun with onions and tomato. Delicious.

Washed down with an ice cold Paulaner. Mmm.

Is there no nicer sensation than washing your food down with a cold beer?
    Isn't it just one of the nicest things ever?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement