Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Here's what I had for dinner last night' thread - Part II - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

Playing with Knorr Beef flavour pot and Lasagne.. together with some balsamic, Soy sauce... and

8ba2vX.jpg

Yummy

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Last night was a simple dinner new potatoes with carrots and tenderstem broccolli with soy & chilli marinaded salmon for me and jerk chicken for my non fish eating hubby.

Have beef marinading for the chilli beef from the cooking club earlier this year for later, been meaning to make it for ages. Really excited about my dinner tonight!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Between holidays and work being mental and the other half moving in, I haven't had a chance to cook anything worth posting but tonight himself made this clonakilty pudding pizza... Inspired by our weekend away in cork just gone! Pizza was unbelievably amazing!!!

7EpYey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Marinaded pork with cashews, sugarsnaps, spinach, rice vermicelli, coriander and peanut sauce. Ditto for lunch tomorrow!

cHNzfct.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Does anyone have any tips for making a pizza base?
    I always buy the thin based Goodfellas ones and load my own toppings on.
    Works well enough for me.
    Are pizza bases easy to make?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Baked salmon in chilli soy glaze, with steamed baby new potatoes and sugar snap peas. Yummo.

2014-08-06%2019.30.23_zpslqcpfji9.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Here's a recipe from the Cooking Club - and there are more in the forum if you do a search http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67111338

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

fussyonion wrote: »
    Is there no nicer sensation than washing your food down with a cold beer?
    Isn't it just one of the nicest things ever?

Damn it!! I want beer with my dinner now and none in! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Here is my one:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90381129&postcount=2121

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

dibkins wrote: »
    Marinaded pork with cashews, sugarsnaps, spinach, rice vermicelli, coriander and peanut sauce. Ditto for lunch tomorrow!

Looks fab. How do you make your peanut sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

It is peanut butter mixed with the cooked off pork marinade and thinned with a little water. The marinade is dark soy, Chinese cooking wine, Chinese black vinegar, ginger, star anise, chilli sauce and a little sugar. I make it in batches of the pork and keep portions of it in the freezer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Tonight the boyfriend and I went to the Courthouse Hotel in Carlow for dinner. I wasn't expecting anything fancy, but the food was absolutely incredible; delicious and really nicely presented.

I had Thai Green Curry with prawns; the sauce was spicy and flavoursome (garnished with lime wedge), the prawns were big and plentiful, and the rice was a perfect-sized portion. It was the complete opposite of bland, oily curries I've had in the past, and I would eat it all over again right now.

The boyfriend had sirloin steak with pepper sauce and chips. The steak was cooked to perfection, beautifully charred and so full of flavour. I would happily have paid far more than the €19.95 it cost.

If you're ever in Carlow, definitely pay them a visit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Today for dinner we had some guests so we cooked a spatchcocked chicken with lemon, rosemary, parsley and paprika.

Served with boiled spuds, broccoli and carrots. Delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

I had a pure beef burger and a 'pure' jumbo size pork sausage. Going back to stone age food, pure protein. Trying to repair the liver.

Didi i say.......pure.

Overflow wrote: »

Didi i say.......pure.

You sure didily did.

Roast chicken with red wine vinegar and mashed roasted garlic gravy. sweet potato chips and petit pois for sides.

2014-08-08%2018.29.46_zpskoennyhm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Succulent chicken fillet seasoned with paprika and chili spices.
    Served with lightly toasted potatoes, beans in a light tomato dressing.
    Also had a red tomato jus (with a hint of vinegar) on the side.

1jvqx0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

This is me the last week or so, food that comes out of a box and goes BING when it's done

DD161B93-FD6D-4BAA-A569-F5F5C96D0298_zpssp6uy7jz.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Last night I had pasta bake with chicken and roasted veg in a tomato sauce with lots of mozzarella and parmesan on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Last night I went to Oscar's in Smithfield. Had the Cajun chicken fillet burger with chips. Mudderagad the FLAVOUR! Tastiest burger I've ever had in my life.

Washed down with a Paulaner because Friday.

• Advertisement

First post to this thread!!

Yesterday I had homemade lasagne (except for the white sauce, which I am going to practice, is the Dolmio jar very bad??) and I know it doesn't look very appealing but it was yum. I used tin of chopped tomatoes and lots of basil, salt and pepper. Any more suggestions for a bit more of a kick?)

20140809_115058.jpg

And lunch the day before yesterday - 2 slices ciabatta style bread with ham, cheddar cheese, red onion and chunky salsa.

20140806_150810.jpg

Don't know how to make pictures appear directly from computer!

First post to this thread!!

Yesterday I had homemade lasagne (except for the white sauce, which I am going to practice, is the Dolmio jar very bad??) and I know it doesn't look very appealing but it was yum. I used tin of chopped tomatoes and lots of basil, salt and pepper. Any more suggestions for a bit more of a kick?)

20140809_115058.jpg

And lunch the day before yesterday - 2 slices ciabatta style bread with ham, cheddar cheese, red onion and chunky salsa.

20140806_150810.jpg

Don't know how to make pictures appear directly from computer!

Welcome! It looks delicious.
    I think there's plenty of room in the kitchen for the odd jar or packet. I usually use Knorr packet sauce for my lasagna, I just throw a load of grated cheese into it :)

To add photos directly, first post them onto tinypic.com and in the Resize window select the Message Board option. Then you can just copy and paste the link straight into your post.

I threw lots of grated cheese on that too, as you can see! Also made homemade burgers for my bf to have as I am away for the weekend.

Something I made the other night 'by accident' which ended up being quite tasty was chicken marinaded (only for a few minutes) in soy sauce, honey and chilli paste! Very tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Rare Gas BBQd fillet steak (price reduced in Lidl).
    Crushed rosemary and garlic new potatoes.
    Green beans.
    Tomato basil and garlic.
    Tomato paprika sauce made with the tomato seeds and innards.

4BAYZ5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Red Thai curry with turkey, baby aubergines, string beans & okra. Same again for dinner tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,465 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Finally made it to Bison Bar! :)

Tasting platter, everything very good but the chicken was my favourite - so tender. Very reasonable and not bloated.

We will be back! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 1800AHJESUS

Did this last night.

Baked Camembert with garlic bread as a starter, recipe by Michael Phillips
    Shepherd's pie recipe, by Paul Merrett
    French apple tart with Chantilly cream for desert recipe, by Michael Roux Jnr

The advantage of above you can do a lot of work in advance.
    Hit the Rose afterwards unfortunately.

Have photos but can't see how to upload from Apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭fiddlechic

Making some chilli now for burrito bowls later and feeling guilty that for the last 3 nights I ate out.

First in the Mourne Seafood Bar in Grand Canal - very good meal - had the special - Megrim. First time I ever had it, a bit like sole, but meatier. I really enjoyed it, and will be looking out for it again. They served with oniony mash and a lovely cream sauce with mussels. Shared a lovely cheeseboard for dessert. I'll definitely be back here.

Thursday I had a massive bowl of chicken wings in Oscars Smithfield - really excellent as always, but their chips were not up to their usual standards.

Then last night, I had a cheese and meat plate in Meat and Meet off Wicklow St washed down with a glass of red and shared a very fine Bailey's cheesecake for dessert. Possibly one of the best Bailey's cheesecakes I've had - texture of baked, but not too dry and with a chocolate layer, and lovely thick biscuit base. I hate thin biscuit bases on cheesecakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Two striploin steaks, sweet potato cooked in coconut oil and chilli flakes with spring onion and goat cheese added and asparagus baked in butter and garlic.

f30c1114-656c-4c72-bf35-c66fbc8853e8_zpseb5c19dc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Jambalaya and cheesy corn bread last night ala Jamie Oliver
    Made waaaay too much for me and ms brinty
    Will be freezing some
    Jambalaya was lovely, I was a bit shy on chicken in it
    Cornbread was ok,had no corn maize flour so used polenta as suggested. It was a bit meh, should've added a bit of sugar for some sweetness.
    No pics cos it just looks like a mess in a bowl
    Hmmm lunchtime and guess what I'm having
    ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement