Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using stamps and food colouring on icing

Options
  • 17-12-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

I'm decorating my christmas cakes today and am using ready to roll icing for a change, I have little foam stamps I bought from the euro store and I was thinking of using some red food colouring and stamping the icing, has anyone tried this or have any opinions on if it will work? This is one of my least favourite jobs as a - I'm really not very good at icing and b - I lack the funds for nice decorations.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

keep a piece of the icing aside and do a practice on it.

If the colours you are using are the supermarket little bottles then I don't think it will work. I think you would need the more concentrated paste colours.

I have concentrated those food colours before by boiling them down in a tiny saucepan and it does sorta, kinda work.

Advertisement