Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating Issues

• 17-12-2013 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi All,

i don't if my topic has been presented before. if it is please indicate :)

recently i have done some renovation job. include some plumbing work:

change a new hot water tank.
    relocate 2 radiators
    remove 2 radiators and reinstall 1 in other area

There are 10 radiators in total in the house. There is a pump installed at the top of the gas boiler for water flow. there is a expansion tank installed at the hot water tank area.

Now,
    water in hot water tank heat up very quick. 4 radiators at upstairs work perfect. one at upstairs not working.
    there are 5 radiators downstairs. 1 of them works well. 2 of them get warm and hot sometime but only for a little while. other 2 get warm some days.

Please let me know if you have any idea what is happening.

Cheers!!!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 one shot bang bang

did you check for air block

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jackhua

did you check for air block

Sorry, forgot this one.

Yes, i tried to release all the air from each radiator. don't know if i was doing it right but i opened up the top conner small screw and heard air and see a bit water comes out until no sound of air and more water only.

also, i can hear some banging in the system. not very often but once twice in few hours.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

A balance of the circuit is where you need to start, or get a local plumber in to do it for you.
    There is a balance valve on the dhw cylinder, maybe this is fully open also

Advertisement