Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lid HUD for bikers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

kaimera wrote: »
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/future-motorcycle-helmets-080539550.html

Do we (can I still say we?!) spend that much time looking down at the clocks?

Engine noise is how I gauged stuff.

ok so it's bit more than just whats on the clocks!

Only time I look is when I see the gatso van's, then I remember the tax disc is loose and carry on :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The less destractions the better to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

That video is so badly made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

KTRIC wrote: »
    The less destractions the better to be honest
    I'd agree with the exception of GPS. For some journeys you just need it. It's a pain in the ass pulling over on a country road and taking off your gloves so you can check Google Maps to see if you missed the turn off.

I'm looking forward to Google Glass for that reason, although it'll probably be banned for use on the road. That's probably fair enough to be honest... I can imagine assholes watching Netflix in their SUV on the commute to work. It would be cool if they could detect if you're driving and put it into a GPS only mode, surely a small HUD is safer than having to look down at your GPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

daveyjoe wrote: »
    I'd agree with the exception of GPS. For some journeys you just need it. It's a pain in the ass pulling over on a country road and taking off your gloves so you can check Google Maps to see if you missed the turn off.

I'm looking forward to Google Glass for that reason, although it'll probably be banned for use on the road. That's probably fair enough to be honest... I can imagine assholes watching Netflix in their SUV on the commute to work. It would be cool if they could detect if you're driving and put it into a GPS only mode, surely a small HUD is safer than having to look down at your GPS.

This was my reaction. A small hud projecting a map would be worth it (in a few years when the tech becomes smaller and more affordable), but for whats on the clocks etc? pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I'm confused. You mean this thing won't let me "see things like the Terminator"?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

daveyjoe wrote: »

Use a smartphone with headphones and you can still hear the voice commands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

same here, i use gps from time with earpiece...just so i can hear notification while following road signs. it works great.

the only thing that i pay attention to on the bike are:

-mirrors
    -trip counter for fuel

there are enough things on the road to watch for and cant think about any information that i would like to see on my visor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

totally read the thread title as lidl HIDs :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Ratchet wrote: »
    same here, i use gps from time with earpiece...just so i can hear notification while following road signs. it works great.

the only thing that i pay attention to on the bike are:

-mirrors
    -trip counter for fuel

there are enough things on the road to watch for and cant think about any information that i would like to see on my visor.
    Indicators would be useful too. I've got the hang of it now but I see so many bikers go past me who forget to cancel their indicators because they're used to driving their car. Can be quite dangerous really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Personally I'd love it. Might be slightly distracting at first but would soon be used to it. Then again I'm very used to technology in every aspect of my life so the distraction would be minimal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

Personally I'd love it. Might be slightly distracting at first but would soon be used to it.

Advertisement