Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temple Street

Options
  • 17-12-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I don't want to go into much medical detail in this in-case it gets deleted. I'm not looking for medical advice. Just wondering has anyone had dealings with temple street public waiting times. I was originally sent in by my GP about something that has been happening my little girl(aged 2 Years). I was seen in A&E and fair play to them they did nearly all that the GP wanted except the bloods which i was baffled about. Anyways she was monitored for a few hours, everything was noted. Nothing was told to me, just to go home and there would be a follow up appointment to see the out-patients cardiologist sent out. Got a bit worried after a couple of weeks with no appointment. Got in contact with the secretary of the clinic and said the consultant hadn't been there to review it and give an appointment but It'd be reviewed this week and to get in touch to see the outcome but she made me aware that it could be an 18 month wait just to see the consultant?? But if i went private i'd be seen swiftly. I'm out of my mind with worry for her, could be a simple thing or something more but i hate to think of a wait of 18 months to see. I'm contemplating going private if i'm told an 18 month wait just to get it sorted because she's having what i call episodes. Just wondering if i went private would i pay for tests as private or would they be done publicly if they're needed?? I just want advice from people that have gone this route. And can you have first visit as private to kick start it and rest if needed through the public part? Just can't understand the possible 18 month wait for a paediatric cardiologist! Madness!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My daughter was on the waiting list for Dr. Orla Franklin (cardiologist in Temple St) and it was an 18 month wait. We went privately to see her and the minute she saw that we had no health insurance she transferred us to her public clinic without any fuss.

My daughter is now monitored every 6 months at the public clinic and still wouldn't have had her first public appointment with the hospital if it wasn't for the first private visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Just can't understand the possible 18 month wait for a paediatric cardiologist! Madness!

There's only 5 cardiologists in Crumlin, 1 of those does a weekly clinic in Temple Street. and I think 1 in Cork. Waiting list is due to lack of consultants and medical staff to hold clinics.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tinkerbell1608

I actually remember the secretary saying there was only one clinic on a friday. I think i may go down the route of paying for the first visit. I may even get it cleared up in the first visit! which i doubt but its better to think positive!

I can't believe the lack of consultants! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I actually remember the secretary saying there was only one clinic on a friday. I think i may go down the route of paying for the first visit. I may even get it cleared up in the first visit! which i doubt but its better to think positive!

I can't believe the lack of consultants! :eek:

Hopefully it is cleared up at the first visit. My daughter got an echocardiogram and an ECG on the day of the private appointment and her problem was diagnosed within minutes.

Advertisement