Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place near Grafton Street for good pub grub

Options
  • 17-12-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Heading up to Dublin tomorrow with my Mum to see Andre Rieu. Will probably do a bit of shopping beforehand so think it might be best to get a bit of dinner before we head back to the hotel to get ready to go to the 02.

Anybody any suggestions on a cosy bar that does really good bar food - in the general grafton street area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

The Duke on Duke street is not bad for a carvery, if that's what you are into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I like The Bank on Dame Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The Duke on Duke street is not bad for a carvery, if that's what you are into.

Cheers that's kind of what we want alright, or anywhere with a good steak!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

P.Macs on Stephen St (where Bia Bar) used to be do nice pub grub. I don't think they have steak but I had a delicious fish and chips last week - lovely piece of fresh cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

O'Neills on Suffolk has a decent carvery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

Davy Byrnes will tick all your boxes I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

McGrattan's Fitzwilliam Lane, behind the Merrion Hotel is your only man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

+1 for The Bank and O'Neill's, also The Long Stone does nice food. It's just behind Pearse St Garda Station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Pub grub is pretty much all the same, best you can hope for is mundane and they go downhill from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Toscana on Dame St, get an early bird, always top notch, if you like Italian

Just realised you were looking for pub grub.....doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Always preferred sinnots carvery over o'neills when I worked on grafton st. back in the day. They always has 2 choices of beef, one being a bit juicier and rarer than you'd normally get elsewhere, the other being you standard, cooked to death bit of beef. Could be all changed now though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

The Farm on Dawson st. I know it's a restaurant but delicious tasty food. Check it out online and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Get back to Cork - you have modding to do now! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Pub grub is pretty much all the same, best you can hope for is mundane and they go downhill from there.
    Gross generalisation, to be honest.
    There is really decent pub food out there, and it's not all carvery either.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

The Quay Bar in temple bar do really nice food and it's quite reasonable for lunch too

^^ Unfortunately, you'll also have to contend with some muppet brutalising Oasis tunes while you're there though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

^^ Unfortunately, you'll also have to contend with some muppet brutalising Oasis tunes while you're there though :pac:

Not the times I was in? Really quiet upstairs...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

A warm up for Andre Rieu, either way the dinner wont stay down for long:D

Not the times I was in? Really quiet upstairs...

Maybe it's just EVERY F*CKING TIME I walk past there then :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

O'Neills in suffolk st do a very good carvery.

The Porterhouse on Nassau St do great burgers and chicken wings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭kinsy

The Exchequer on Exchequer St (surprisingly!) is nice for pub grub with more of a gastro pub vibe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

chopper6 wrote: »
    O'Neills in suffolk st do a very good carvery.

The Porterhouse on Nassau St do great burgers and chicken wings.

+1 on the Porterhouse.

I don't like O'Neills carvery though. I find you get very little meat compared to other places and the quality isn't the greatest. Plus expensive pints

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

+2 for Porterhouse. Really tasty food in there, and a great selection of drinks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Synnotts near the Stephens Green centre do a very good lunchtime menu...my particular favourite is thier Irish Stew...made with big chunks of lamb and proper potatoes..i think as a daily special it's about 8 quid or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭chopperp

elephant & castle in Temple Bar

best chicken wings in Dublin

Advertisement