Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 17 Captain Poll

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just about got that one right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Not captaining Suarez this week was idiotic and deserves to be punished. Totally unneccesary risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

roryc wrote: »
    Not captaining Suarez this week was idiotic and deserves to be punished. Totally unneccesary risk.

why,in hindsight he was a good choice.I choose rooney as my captain fair enough suarez out scored him but with everyone picking suarez rooney was a safe enough risk.
    As the saying goes "He who dares wins"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

why,in hindsight he was a good choice.I choose rooney as my captain fair enough suarez out scored him but with everyone picking suarez rooney was a safe enough risk.

Dont ever take up gambling as a profession, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haha Jesus, this makes absolutely no sense. In hindsight, he was a bad choice. He scored less points than Suarez. You lost 5 points on anyone who captained Suarez. By and large, who dares doesn't win. Regularly going with risks that aren't the obvious choice, long-term won't score you higher than going with the obvious choice. There are times when going against the obvious choice, can be a positive, going against Luis Suarez at home to any team outside the top 8 is not one of those times.

CSF wrote: »
    Haha Jesus, this makes absolutely no sense. In hindsight, he was a bad choice. He scored less points than Suarez. You lost 5 points on anyone who captained Suarez. By and large, who dares doesn't win. Regularly going with risks that aren't the obvious choice, long-term won't score you higher than going with the obvious choice. There are times when going against the obvious choice, can be a positive, going against Luis Suarez at home to any team outside the top 8 is not one of those times.
    I ment in hindsight Suarez was a good choice,but ya can't be afraid to mix it up either and there will be plenty of games where he will be off the boil ,fair enough i lost a few points by not making him captain, 73 points with Ozil and Oscar to play so I think I done ok.

Garra always betting on the favorite is the quick way to the poor house!

I ment in hindsight Suarez was a good choice,but ya can't be afraid to mix it up either and there will be plenty of games where he will be off the boil ,fair enough i lost a few points by not making him captain, 73 points with Ozil and Oscar to play so I think I done ok.

Garra always betting on the favorite is the quick way to the poor house!
    Going against Suarez at home to anyone outside the top dogs is absolutely nuts at this stage. Mixing that up is something you should be afraid of doing.

Betting on the favourite is the way to the massive riches in this games. You don't get better odds on Rooney than Suarez in this game. They both score 4 points for each goal and 3 for each assist.

CSF wrote: »
    Going against Suarez at home to anyone outside the top dogs is absolutely nuts at this stage. Mixing that up is something you should be afraid of doing.

Betting on the favourite is the way to the massive riches in this games. You don't get better odds on Rooney than Suarez in this game. They both score 4 points for each goal and 3 for each assist.

I agree for the most part.

how many points you get this week and who's your captain next week.

I agree for the most part.

how many points you get this week and who's your captain next week.
    I'm having an awful week, 46 with 2 to play. Only one man saved me from having a pathetic week. Luis. Not sure who to captain next week. I'm swinging between Suarez and Lukaku but can't find a really solid reason in favour of either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement