Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS changes

Options
  • 17-12-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

hi, just got a letter from my mortgage provider telling me from the 31 December 2013 that trs granted is based on interest paid by me rather than interest charged by bank ? What does this mean, better off or worse off

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭clarkey1980

doulikeit wrote: »
    hi, just got a letter from my mortgage provider telling me from the 31 December 2013 that trs granted is based on interest paid by me rather than interest charged by bank ? What does this mean, better off or worse off

If you are paying your mortgage in full or at least the interest element then it will have no effect on you. Up until now Revenue were allowing TRS on the interest charged by the mortgage provider. From 01.01.14 Revenue have decided only to allow TRS on the actual amount of interest paid by the borrower. If you are making no payments on your mortgage you will receive no TRS from Revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭doulikeit

Cheers clarkey problem solved

Advertisement