Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Refund Problem

Options
  • 17-12-2013 8:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I made a purchase from Vodafone about 2 weeks ago from an offer they had running which I'm sure you can see evidence of by looking through my posts. It was a great little phone so I decided to buy another for 2 presents.
    On Vodafone's delivery they say it was delivered on last Friday and signed for by an Alan S****** now that is indeed me but the signature is nowhere near mine.... Not even remotely close. I was home all day and nothing came. Also, I had an old sim card that I had switched over and the sim card still says Meteor on it and is still registered to them so perhaps whoever took my phone just kept the phone itself and got rid of the sim, so it wasn't activated on Vodafone.
    Now Vodafone want me to fill out an An Post lost package form so I now have to find something else to buy that person for Christmas.
    Meanwhile some scamming An Post Driver or neighbour or just a thief in general has my item...
    Any recommendations as to what I can do?
    Thanks.
    (Sorry if this was posted in the wrong place.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Meanwhile some scamming An Post Driver has my item...

How do you know the driver has it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

weisses wrote: »
    How do you know the driver has it ?
    Well I dont, but purely a guess, someone signed my name as it says on the package and no An Post van or any courier for that matter came near my estate. S/he could be absolutely inccocent but I don't know so it's just a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You have to prove you don't have it, vodafone have to prove you received it or you can do a charge back for the amount. But you have to give vodafone a chance to investigate.

You will get your money or another phone, the issue is when.

By the way during the snow a few years ago I signed for loads of parcels as I was house bound, I was asked to sign my house number so the customer would know whet to come for the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Vodafone forum to see if the reps there can help?

I'd push with Vodafone to get them to investigate with the courier.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You have to prove you don't have it, vodafone have to prove you received it or you can do a charge back for the amount. But you have to give vodafone a chance to investigate.

You will get your money or another phone, the issue is when.

By the way during the snow a few years ago I signed for loads of parcels as I was house bound, I was asked to sign my house number so the customer would know whet to come for the parcel.
    Ah thanks for that. I'm currently sitting here at a loss, Vodafone claim it was delivered and signed by for me whereas I can check online and see that the signature is forged, all it is is an A and then a squiggle and a S and a squiggle. I do not know what to do at this stage as Vodafone have been ignoring me on Facebook when I try to contact them. How exactly would they be able to investigate for me because there was no tracking on the phone sadly.

• Advertisement

dudara wrote: »
    Do you want me to move this thread to the Talk to Vodafone forum to see if the reps there can help?

I'd push with Vodafone to get them to investigate with the courier.
    Hi Dudara,
    Thanks for that however I want to get a bit more feedback here first if I can and then I'll get you to move it if you wouldn't mind.

Vodafone are being unusual with the way theyre carrying on with me ignoring my contact with them on Facebook.

Advertisement