Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Attack Squadrons

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

So there's a new SW space combat game on the way. I'm hesitant to call it a sim, but it's free to play, and features several PvP modes including free for all, team dogfight and base defense.

You can sign up for the beta on the website.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Sounds like World of Tanks with starfighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

X-Wing / TIE Fighter for a new generation?

Please be good please be good PLEASE be good!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Spear wrote: »
    Sounds like World of Tanks with starfighters.

I don't know, I didn't hear anything about horrible TIE fighter stock grinds yet. ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Looks very interesting indeed.
    X Wing Alliance and Tie Fighter were favourites of mine, back in the day.
    Hunting down Rebel scum could be a great way to relax after work!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

nesf wrote: »
    I don't know, I didn't hear anything about horrible TIE fighter stock grinds yet. ;)

Yet is the important word there. Next up, complaints about OP Tie Defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yet is the important word there. Next up, complaints about OP Tie Defenders.

Empire bias, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭flynnlives

ahem can anyone access the site?

i cant all i get is a blank white page with "Welcome Rebel Fighter! "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Great idea - god awful trailer

flynnlives wrote: »
    ahem can anyone access the site?

i cant all i get is a blank white page with "Welcome Rebel Fighter! "

The site works, but it wants me make an account with Disney, and screw that concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

The site works, but it wants me make an account with Disney, and screw that concept.

Exactly my feelings on the matter, until I see gameplay i'm not creating a disney account, which if you actually say the words "disney account" out loud sounds pretty ridiculous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ironically, "Disney" makes it sound more like a Star Trek game than a Star Wars game

"It Disney make any sense, cap'n! Ah cannae go to wahrp withoot me crystals!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Disney have pulled the plug on this. :(

Announcement on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dair. wrote: »
    Disney have pulled the plug on this. :(

Announcement on FB.

Surprised it wasn't done when 1313 was, hopefully Battlefront won't suck will have something. One of the other Battlefront games had some nice space maps but flight gameplay wasn't really there.

Advertisement