Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thomson TWG-870U & Technicolor TC7200 - Enabling "Cable modem" mode - basic guide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

anyone upgrade to 240mb ? and the modem stayed in bridging mode ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

ondafly wrote: »
    anyone upgrade to 240mb ? and the modem stayed in bridging mode ?

Yes and yes. Thompson modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

stimpson wrote: »

excellent ! cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Hi :-) can some one help me out? What happend if I will buy router and connect it to upc tc7200 without bridge? It will work? And if yes what is advantage of have this bridge on? Thanks

Ok im not getting all this:-) im borrowed router from friend, disabled wifi on tc7200, and all work fine from this router without bridge. Can someone explain me why? Im not sure to buy separate router because of No bridge but all work for now

• Advertisement

Among other things you can have problems with gaming due to double NAT.

Among other things you can have problems with gaming due to double NAT.

Thanks for reply. I used this router all day and No issue with nothing yet, ps4 , wifi speed brilliant not like on tc. Im belive you know what you talking about but double Nat will make me gaming problems for sure? Now have nat2 on ps4. Sorry im green on all this. Just wish to get info before i will buy own router. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sounds like the unit you have is acting as an access point only, in which case not bridging is fine.

I done bridge mode Anyway today:-) im Still IPv4 , method 2 worked for me but in place where i have to put "public" im left emty and all good:-) now the question is if Upc will make me IPv6 will i Lost bridge mode? Or if i done it i will have it? Thanks guys. My wifi work much better over my New router:-) thanks guys impresive speed over wifi now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Saevio

Anyone else try their 240 speed?
    Does it let you keep the bridge?
    Does it double your upload?
    (I'm quite keen on the upload speed - streaming and uploading backups of photos and such)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Just had a new box fitted by upc , its a Ubee EVW3226 , is this a TWG-870 ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sharkman wrote: »

TC7200 it seems, theres another thread for that unit.

http://ugyfelszolgalat.upc.hu/app/answers/detail/a_id/464/~/technicolor-tc7200-%C3%A9s-ubee-evw3226-wifi-be%C3%A1ll%C3%ADt%C3%A1sok

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭drabisan

UPC Ireland?
    Can you bridge it?
    Ubee it's a cheap router and some other UPC subsidiary are using it as a pure modem so people can attach a proper router behind.

drabisan wrote: »
    UPC Ireland?
    Can you bridge it?
    Ubee it's a cheap router and some other UPC subsidiary are using it as a pure modem so people can attach a proper router behind.

yep , UPC Ireland . Cant find an option to bridge it yet .

ED E wrote: »

You sure ? Its this one , looks different .

164149979_1_1000x700_dekoder-modem-praktycznie-nowy-komplet-tanio-gdynia.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

yep , UPC Ireland . Cant find an option to bridge it yet .

The blurb on the UBEE site specifically notes it's capabilities around Dual Stack Lite, how wonderful. If you have a DS Lite set up it won't be bridgeable, at least not in the conventional sense!
    Time for a new thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭losttheplot

Dave..M wrote: »
    The blurb on the UBEE site specifically notes it's capabilities around Dual Stack Lite, how wonderful. If you have a DS Lite set up it won't be bridgeable, at least not in the conventional sense!
    Time for a new thread!

This might be of help - have not had a chance to try this myself yet.

http://www.freeture.ch/?p=731

This might be of help - have not had a chance to try this myself yet.

http://www.freeture.ch/?p=731

Great stuff , Worked first time ..:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Great stuff , Worked first time ..:D:D

Just watch out for dropouts,that switchmode page can also be used on the TC7200 but there has been a few reports of frequent dropouts when switched that way

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pmon

I ran the command off mac and the bridge mode came available. Is it possible to revert back for a time while i wait on my new router. I can't airplay from apple tv as the ipaddress isnt within the dhcp..

anyone?

• Advertisement

pmon wrote: »
    I ran the command off mac and the bridge mode came available. Is it possible to revert back for a time while i wait on my new router. I can't airplay from apple tv as the ipaddress isnt within the dhcp..

anyone?

A hard reset of the Thompson puts it back to stock.

sorry that worked! i thought i read that that didnt set it back to stock but it worked perfectly! thanks a mil this info is class great thread!

One question... when i get my new router and run the command again is it just a matter of enabling bridemode or is there other configuration required?

thanks!

sorry that worked! i thought i read that that didnt set it back to stock but it worked perfectly! thanks a mil this info is class great thread!

One question... when i get my new router and run the command again is it just a matter of enabling bridemode or is there other configuration required?

thanks!

It's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was good to go once it restarts, the command activates bridge so it gives out a public IP so just plug in your new router to one of the Ethernet ports and configure it as required. You can still log onto the TWG to check stats etc on 192.168.100.1

Dave..M wrote: »
    It's been a while but I'm pretty sure it was good to go once it restarts, the command activates bridge so it gives out a public IP so just plug in your new router to one of the Ethernet ports and configure it as required. You can still log onto the TWG to check stats etc on 192.168.100.1

Excellent... since i've reset the router it drops the wifi connection every 30 mins or so.. anyone else see this?

Excellent... since i've reset the router it drops the wifi connection every 30 mins or so.. anyone else see this?

I've not reset it so not sure but mines been solidly bridged to my C7 for the past year so once you bridge it again all will be right in your world, if you have an old router use that in the interim.

Weird thing here... so i got my new router and I want to run the command again via mac terminal.
    I ran the command to enable bridging the other day and it went fine and set the ipaddress to 192.168.100.1, that was a test as I was waiting for the router to arrive. So i reset the router to factory.

Now the ipaddress is still 192.168.100.1 which is fine, i can ping it ok but when i try to run the command again i get timeout no response.

any ideas?

Weird thing here... so i got my new router and I want to run the command again via mac terminal.
    I ran the command to enable bridging the other day and it went fine and set the ipaddress to 192.168.100.1, that was a test as I was waiting for the router to arrive. So i reset the router to factory.

Now the ipaddress is still 192.168.100.1 which is fine, i can ping it ok but when i try to run the command again i get timeout no response.

any ideas?

Did you turn off the routers firewall and remove the coax?

no... do i need to i didnt the first time around but will try that now!

I know its a different router but its needed on the TC7200

• Advertisement

I'm seeing that the router is on

Information
    Standard Specification Compliant DOCSIS 3.0
    Hardware Version 1.1
    Software Version STBA.01.75

am i buggered?

Advertisement