Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thomson TWG-870U & Technicolor TC7200 - Enabling "Cable modem" mode - basic guide

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

listermint wrote: »
    How did you bridge it ?

He provided a link in the post you quoted
    The latest FW removed the bridge option btw.

His firmware hasn't updated

If they made any change to block port 161, I'd say that it would only affect those who haven't already bridged. Those who already did would continue as normal. I'm definitely not going to be the guinea pig for that! My TC7200 is staying on for as long as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,062 ✭✭✭✭listermint

wiz569 wrote: »
    He provided a link in the post you quoted

His firmware hasn't updated

You clearly didn't read the last page.its very obvious his fw has updated.its the same as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

You clearly didn't read the last page.its very obvious his fw has updated.its the same as mine.

Honestly. As far as I'm aware, my fw version was always at this and has never changed for me.

Alan3002 wrote: »
    Honestly. As far as I'm aware, my fw version was always at this and has never changed for me.

It's the same as mine and port 161 is blocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

For info.

My TC7200 still on fw 6.01.27 and bridged.
    Has been since last year, survived reboots etc.
    Had not been powered off for nearly 6months and was getting worried with the recent changes to config files, however had a major local area power outage 3 weeks ago, and after it returned no change to fw or bridge mode.
    Origionally switched to bridge mode using linux method - could never get windows tools to talk to device.
    Unfortunately not willing to be guinea pig and power off to test if port 161 is closed....

WW

Really?

Would that be the post where he says his firmware hasnt changed as far as hes aware

Really?

Would that be the post where he says his firmware hasnt changed as far as hes aware

Im not sure why this is an issue.. If you read the page mines changed and updated. His is the same as mine ergo. His has updated.

jaysus what more do you need.

Im not sure why this is an issue.. If you read the page mines changed and updated. His is the same as mine ergo. His has updated.

jaysus what more do you need.

It's not an issue but his hasn't changed ,just because its the same as yours doesn't mean his has changed

It's not an issue but his hasn't changed ,just because its the same as yours doesn't mean his has changed

Look you clearly arent reading the posts at all. The FW version has changed. that much is a fact.

This is the last i will say on it.

• Advertisement

Look you clearly arent reading the posts at all. The FW version has changed. that much is a fact.

This is the last i will say on it.

Not for me. That's what he is saying.

Some users have 06.02.11. None of these can bridge. But there are reports that those who are on 06.01.27 can't do it either now; this firmware has been out for quite a while now and was OK before. So it's a bit of both.

Karsini wrote: »
    Some users have 06.02.11. None of these can bridge. But there are reports that those who are on 06.01.27 can't do it either now; this firmware has eben out for quite a while now and was OK before. So it's a bit of both.

I'm too scared to find out what happens if I reset my UPC router. Who knows, maybe I won't be able to bridge it anymore then.

Alan3002 wrote: »
    I'm too scared to find out what happens if I reset my UPC router. Who knows, maybe I won't be able to bridge it anymore then.
    Exactly. I'm leaving mine well alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Owen83

ondafly wrote: »
    folks - if you're thomson has already upgraded to 1.75 - is this "fix" still possible ? i..e I never made any changes when it was at 1.5, as I was still pondering a router to buy.

Hi ondafly,

Did you ever get an answer to this? and if so, what was the OID you used?

Thanks

Owen

docentore wrote: »
    BK:

docentore you are awesome. Thanks

The only thing i needed to change was from public to private but still worked a charm

Owen83 wrote: »
    Hi ondafly,

Did you ever get an answer to this? and if so, what was the OID you used?

Thanks

Owen

Sorted, nevermind but thanks anyway. I can see you are very active and like to help out

And my bridge mode is just after being knocked off

Full functionality is after being restored to my TC7200... Looks like the did something to knock it off once again..

Don't have time to check the specifics at the moment. Should be able to after half 8.

EDIT: OK looked into this and it's somewhat of a false alarm. It turned out my Android box (that's hooked up to my archer) was causing issues :/ once it was plugged out everything was fine. Can't explain this.

Tried removing my bridge mode because I've ordered the 360Mb upgrade and I should get the new Compal modem. Figured I had little to lose by trying. Worked fine. So it's not gone across the board anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I found a Linksys WRT610N v1 in a spare room during a cleanup that I want to try setup as it has dual band for wifi, and the Technicolor gives horrendous WIFI across the house. Want to hitup that 5ghz channel.

Might give this a go over the weekend, see if my router will switch to bridge mode. The guide in the OP still very much relevant?

• Advertisement

I found a Linksys WRT610N v1 in a spare room during a cleanup that I want to try setup as it has dual band for wifi, and the Technicolor gives horrendous WIFI across the house. Want to hitup that 5ghz channel.

Might give this a go over the weekend, see if my router will switch to bridge mode. The guide in the OP still very much relevant?

TheDoc wrote: »

Let us know what joy you have, mines still locked out from Bridge mode.

You ever try this Doc ?

You ever try this Doc ?

Didn't get around to it. Couldn't find a break where I could sit down and give it a whirl.

Might get a chance to have a look in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭capailldubh

Hi All
    I know this thread is a bit old but maybe someone can help. I have a security camera system running (Bluriris). I had my 7200 bridged and a Netgear 3800 running and was working fine. A Virgin rep rebooted the router and I lost connectivity with Blueiris. I can log in on wifi but not remotely. I am on version STD6.01.27. I have IPv4. My internal IP addresses are 10.0.0 ones. I cannot see my ports if I check remotely. The site says they have timed out. Any ideas? Can I run a camera system trough the 7200 and forget the router? Any help welcome. Charlie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Okay I need help. Routers confuse me.

I have a TC 7200 with the WiFi etc turned off connected to an Airport Express. I was using a DMZ to forward ports to the Airport but the DMZ Host option in the TC 7200 is now gone.

What are my options?

Karsini wrote: »
    Tried removing my bridge mode because I've ordered the 360Mb upgrade and I should get the new Compal modem. Figured I had little to lose by trying. Worked fine. So it's not gone across the board anyway.

I currently have my TC7200 bridged on my 100mb package but considering upgrading to the 360mb package.

Reckon it's worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭sammyano

Guys please can someone help me - I have been using my TC7200 (STD6.01.27) in a bridge mode with my main router RT-AC66U untill this morning I could not access the internet for reason unknown to me. I restarted my RT-AC66U to see if it will clear up the issue, but no joy, I then restarted TC7200 and the internet came back on, the problem now is that am no-longer getting an ipv4 address instead am getting an internal IP address from teh TC7200.
    I have tried going through the below process - but still not able to get a valid IPv4 address

Plug off the UPC cable from TC7200 (make it offline).
    Reboot the Technicolor TC7200.
    Run command snmpset -v2c -c public 192.168.0.1 1.3.6.1.4.1.4413.2.2.2.1.7.1.1.0 i 1
    The modem should restart automatically (if not, restart it manually).
    After that, you can access Technicolor TC7200 web admin page through 192.168.100.1 instead of previous 192.168.0.1.

PS - will appreciate any suggestions please and thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭capailldubh

Thats what I did Alan. Ordered today.
    New 360 modem can be bridged without a hack.
    Hopefully trouble free then..:D

• Advertisement

Thats what I did Alan. Ordered today.
    New 360 modem can be bridged without a hack.
    Hopefully trouble free then..:D

Sounds great! Looking forward to the increased speeds and being able to record up to 4 channels on the tv now :D

Advertisement