Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank PPI Refund

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Has anyone had any experience getting a PPI refund from Ulster Bank?

Lodged a complaint a year ago and received a letter saying my claim was being reviewed. Last month I received a letter saying I was entitled to a sizeable refund & to complete the attached paperwork. It stated that I would receive a refund within 28 days of returning the paperwork.

Low and behold - 28 days later there was no sign of the refund. Called them to be told by one advisor that it was within 28 business days (IE almost 6 weeks). The next advisor I spoke to told me it was within 28 days of the underwriters cancelling my policy but that they had yet to cancel it. Within minutes I spoke to the underwriters who confirmed the policy was cancelled several weeks prior. The next advisor I spoke to said I would receive it within 28 days of the date they received notification of the policy cancellation (2nd December). Don't really have much faith that the refund will materialise by then.

I wrote to my local branch manager last Friday to see if they could expedite the process (I mean how hard can it be to process an ulster bank refund into an ulster bank account) but I haven't received any response from them.

Just wondering if anyone who was due a refund has actually received it..?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I'd contact them back for clarification. Tell Ulster Bank that taking over a year to resolve is unreasonable, and that you'll be taking the matter to the Ombudsman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carlowguy1983

At this stage I've submitted a written complaint (original refund request) 4 online complaints through their website, written to their head office twice & to my local branch manager once. I've also contacted them by phone on at least 7 occasions to no avail. Was expecting the refund earlier this month. I've been in touch with the ombudsman but their complaints procedure gives Ulster Bank another 2 months to investigate & resolve. I'm hoping the refund comes through by the end of December like the last person I spoke to advised it would (although really not hopeful given the variety of mis-information I've been given to date). Don't want to involve the ombudsman before then as it may protract it for an additional two months if they were in the process of sorting it in the next 2 weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

At this stage I've submitted a written complaint (original refund request) 4 online complaints through their website, written to their head office twice & to my local branch manager once. I've also contacted them by phone on at least 7 occasions to no avail. Was expecting the refund earlier this month. I've been in touch with the ombudsman but their complaints procedure gives Ulster Bank another 2 months to investigate & resolve. I'm hoping the refund comes through by the end of December like the last person I spoke to advised it would (although really not hopeful given the variety of mis-information I've been given to date). Don't want to involve the ombudsman before then as it may protract it for an additional two months if they were in the process of sorting it in the next 2 weeks...

Hi Carlow Guy just wondering did you have any joy in the end as I am getting the run around trying to get a refund that was approved as well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carlowguy1983

Hi Peter,

Yep I got my refund processed eventually. The day after I put this post up, I submitted another online complaint through their website & I called anytime banking and asked to be transferred to their PPI department. I also emailed a number of people in their head office, including directors. Within 24 hours of sending the emails I received a callback from the person managing the ppi team to say the money was in my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭peterobrien100

Thanks Carlow guy I will follow your lead as how to deal with this issue ! You information and help is much appreciated !

Advertisement