Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCB pads lifted, alternative fix?

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

I damaged the thru hole pads while remove a potentiometer, besides replacing the pads is there another way around using the 3 holes rather , rather than replacing the pads

I want to place the pot further away from the board anyway so just need to connect wires to the holes

EDIT** Ive figured out solutions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Glue the pot down, solder wires to each leg. You'll need to scrape solder resist off to solder directly to the copper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I had a problem tracing the tracks, thats one option thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Potentiometers-front-back.png

1&2 both share the same track? probably a silly question that shows my lack of electronics knowledge

1&2 both share the same track?

It gives
    0% to 100% &
    100% to 0%
    on either side of the track depending on what you want. ie. a limiter or an attenuator

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

1&2 both share the same track? probably a silly question that shows my lack of electronics knowledge

The outer two are (usually) the ends of the track
    and the middle one is the "wiper"

hth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

Can u post a picture. Sometimes one of the legs might have a pad but the pad is not connected to anything and thats why the pad lifted in the first place. The heat had no where else to dissipate too

Advertisement