Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tassimo Coffee Machine €60

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

Tesco will have them back in stock in the next fortnight. I was surprised to see no trace of them on the shelf in my local tesco and got on to the customer care line. They advised that they had a disruption in the supply chain and I can expect them back in the next 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

maynooth tesco had costa latte, costa americano and carte noire caramel latte yesterday early morning (the caramel latte is really nice)
    also seen a few costa latte and americano in clondalkin dunnes yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

TheBoffin wrote: »
    Tesco will have them back in stock in the next fortnight. I was surprised to see no trace of them on the shelf in my local tesco and got on to the customer care line. They advised that they had a disruption in the supply chain and I can expect them back in the next 2 weeks.

Cheers,i.l just have to hang on so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Cheers,i.l just have to hang on so

Amazon might be quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

tesco clearwater had most of those for 5.99 - 6.99, came home and ordered from Amazon. Got 5 packs of 16 for 15stg, will be delivered by the end of this week.

daytob wrote: »
    tesco clearwater had most of those for 5.99 - 6.99, came home and ordered from Amazon. Got 5 packs of 16 for 15stg, will be delivered by the end of this week.

What type did you order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Tesco Clearwater had a good few yesterday. Picked up the machine itself in Argos, but my wife isn't too impressed with the lattes. I think we'll be changing to a milk-based machine rather than water+tabs.

If anyone missed out on this deal I have it for 53 in or near the Santry area, as new with receipts. I liked the coffee myself, but should have consulted better before jumping at the bargain! Have 6 latte caramel machiatto tabs (with 6 espresso tabs, for some reason I didn't quite get) so 55 for the lot? Have cleaned and emptied it but I dont know if argos will entertain an attempt to return it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

passive wrote: »
    Have 6 latte caramel machiatto tabs (with 6 espresso tabs, for some reason I didn't quite get)

Are you sure you're making the drinks correctly? The caramel macchiato is a two pod drink. You put the milk pod through the machine first and then the espresso pod. Otherwise there's no actual coffee in the drink.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Whiplashy wrote: »
    Are you sure you're making the drinks correctly? The caramel macchiato is a two pod drink. You put the milk pod through the machine first and then the espresso pod. Otherwise there's no actual coffee in the drink.
    Ha... Well... That might change things. Ignore the rest of my post for the moment, thank you good sir! </I'm an idiot>

passive wrote: »
    Ha... Well... That might change things. Ignore the rest of my post for the moment, thank you good sir! </I'm an idiot>

Hope you enjoy the next drink more :D

• Advertisement

Found some Costa Americano in currys airside after all,just got it goin there,have to say 1st cup was delicious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

This was what I ordered. the price has now gone up :eek:

screenshot2014-01-061p5x43.png

Do i need to clean it inbetween different drinks or can i just replace the disc straight after

Do i need to clean it inbetween different drinks or can i just replace the disc straight after

They recommend if you make hot chocolate or caramel latte and you're then going making plain coffee or tea that you clean it because the taste may impact on the next drink. Mine gets a lot of use and I clean it once a week. I've never gotten the taste coming through.

daytob wrote: »
    This was what I ordered. the price has now gone up :eek:

screenshot2014-01-061p5x43.png

That's a pack of 5 x 16. 80 drinks @ £15, yeah? That sounds right.

Whiplashy wrote: »
    They recommend if you make hot chocolate or caramel latte and you're then going making plain coffee or tea that you clean it because the taste may impact on the next drink. Mine gets a lot of use and I clean it once a week. I've never gotten the taste coming through.

Cheers,Might be stupid question but how do you clean it,as in what parts are ok to clean

Cheers,Might be stupid question but how do you clean it,as in what parts are ok to clean

Wipe the barcode scanner with a damp cloth. T disc holder, piercing unit and drink outlet can go through the dishwasher. Wipe down the outside of the unit. Rinse out water tank, back splash and cup stand - they can't go in dishwasher. Reassemble and run the service disc 4 times as you did before first use.

There are two cleaning cycles, the first is a short press with the service disc in that you need to run four times, and the descale (every 300 drinks or so) is a long press that runs for 10 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭racersedge

TheBoffin wrote: »

Yeah I ordered stuff off Tassimo's website, using the twenty quid off to stock up. Just got an e-mail from them saying the order is going to be slightly longer than expected to be shipped out, due to the popular demand. So not just Tesco's seem to be having an issue stocking them right now. Better not tell my missus that though, she's hooked on using the machine right now!

• Advertisement

racersedge wrote: »
    Yeah I ordered stuff off Tassimo's website, using the twenty quid off to stock up. Just got an e-mail from them saying the order is going to be slightly longer than expected to be shipped out, due to the popular demand. So not just Tesco's seem to be having an issue stocking them right now. Better not tell my missus that though, she's hooked on using the machine right

How do get that 20 off,i see the sticker on the box ,says England only but?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ratracer

When you register your machine you will get an e-mail with the voucher code.

ratracer wrote: »
    When you register your machine you will get an e-mail with the voucher code.

Yep, that's pretty much it. There is a serial number behind the machine (on mine at least, behind the removable water tank. Tells you where to find it when you go to register it. They, as ratracer say, e-mail you the voucher and you can just use that on the Tassimo shop. Also worth nothing at this point that if you order more than 35 pounds, you get free delivery on your order. They listed the price of five pounds for delivery, for those interested in such info.

Any product recommendations from anyone? Tried the Costa Americano today very nice,will bulk up now on few differents drinks with this 20 off

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

That's a pack of 5 x 16. 80 drinks @ £15, yeah? That sounds right.

Price has gone up , meant to order yesterday went back today and price has gone up from 15.00 to 22.45

Anyone know of any other place that good offers on these discs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

Great for Tassimo owners according to HUKD , bamboo coffee drawer reduced Argos
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=9146329

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

craggy2 wrote: »

Bought this today and filled it when I came home , looks like this

Great spot! I've one reserved to collect tomorrow :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I got this one last week but it's a bit annoying that you can only really store one drink if it's a milk pod drink so I reserved the bamboo one to store all the different ones.
    I placed an order on the tassimo site yesterday because all I can get my hands on in my local tesco are the Costa ones and I was never a Costa fan. Has anyone here ordered and if so how long does delivery take?

I got this one last week but it's a bit annoying that you can only really store one drink if it's a milk pod drink so I reserved the bamboo one to store all the different ones.
    I placed an order on the tassimo site yesterday because all I can get my hands on in my local tesco are the Costa ones and I was never a Costa fan. Has anyone here ordered and if so how long does delivery take?

My first order took 4 days. The second one took over 2 weeks! They seem to have been having a bit of stock trouble though because the supermarkets were getting delayed deliveries as well. Hopefully it's all sorted now and you should get them in a few days.

• Advertisement

Ordered some myself last night for 1st time, says on there website allow 11 working days for ROI deliveries

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

I placed an order monday night, marked as dispatched this morning with the email saying 5 working days for delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 pmulv

The T12 coffee machine is in stock in blanchardstown but not online for 66.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Is it just tesco supermarkets that stock the strips or do Supervalu/superquinn? I am very interested in getting a machine but would not have the easiest access to tesco. I know I could buy online but there are times you would run out and want them quick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

sillymoo wrote: »
    Is it just tesco supermarkets that stock the strips or do Supervalu/superquinn? I am very interested in getting a machine but would not have the easiest access to tesco. I know I could buy online but there are times you would run out and want them quick!

Dunnes do them also, im fairly sure I saw them in SuperValu (im in cork though)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

sillymoo wrote: »
    It varies from store to store, I got some in the Supervalu in Kenmare whereas the Cobh Supervalu didn't have them. Also Dunnes in Douglas doesn't do them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Great will have a look out for them when doing a shop in the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

In Tesco newbridge today I got Kenco Columbian and in Naas Tesco extra I got Kenco café creme and cadburys hot choc. Naas also had Kenco caramel machiato. Both stores had usual Costa stash.
    Not a pod to be had in all of Carlow town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I bought them on Amazon. got enough coffee to last me 6 months :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Cheers for that. Just picked up the last one in my local Argos. Very tidy looking.

I'm going to register my machine now. Do they have an issue with Irish addresses to get the free credit? Can I use my real address or does it have to be parcel motel to get my code?

EDIT: Just put in my own Irish address there, got the code no problem.

• Advertisement

Vojera wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Just picked up the last one in my local Argos. Very tidy looking.

I'm going to register my machine now. Do they have an issue with Irish addresses to get the free credit? Can I use my real address or does it have to be parcel motel to get my code?

EDIT: Just put in my own Irish address there, got the code no problem.

Yeah, not only does the Irish address work fine for using the voucher, free delivery if you spend over £35 is also available to Ireland as well (at least, they haven't come back to me looking for the shipping fee anyway when I did my order recently :P )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭leex

After watching these Tassimo threads for the past few weeks I bit the bullet at the weekend and purchased a Tassimo Joy ("half price") in my local Currys. Their website stated they were not in stock but when I visited the store there were a few units on the shelf. I am very happy with the purchase. I purchased Costa latte, Americano and cappuccino to trial with the machine. The first 2 are very good but I am not overly in love with the last one - tastes a bit too much of UHT milk for my liking.

All coffee tasted was as hot as needed and I was also surprised at the volume of coffee automatically dispensed for the above. There was no need to add further water to the mugs I am using. We have a commercial version of a competitors system at work and it appears that hot water top ups are required for the long version of their products if you approach the machine with a mug.

I registered the unit on the UK website and received the 20UKP voucher. On preparing my first order on the site last night I noticed another offer where you got a 10ukp off your next order when you ordered 50ukp worth of product. My cart contents totalled just over 50ukp but thankfully the registration voucher reduced this by the expected 20ukp. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the above mentioned 10ukp voucher for my next order.

Order number 1 - coffee based on ~ 50ukp worth of product is costing about 0.15ukp per pod.

Order number 2 - coffee using same order qty will cost just under 0.20ukp per coffee.

Without the 10ukp off next order it will cost around 0.24ukp per pod based on an order qty of just over 50ukp. (The examples would be for 1 pod drinks - ie not Latte, Cappuchino etc).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭craggy2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

leex wrote: »
    After watching these Tassimo threads for the past few weeks I bit the bullet at the weekend and purchased a Tassimo Joy ("half price") in my local Currys. Their website stated they were not in stock but when I visited the store there were a few units on the shelf. I am very happy with the purchase. I purchased Costa latte, Americano and cappuccino to trial with the machine. The first 2 are very good but I am not overly in love with the last one - tastes a bit too much of UHT milk for my liking.

All coffee tasted was as hot as needed and I was also surprised at the volume of coffee automatically dispensed for the above. There was no need to add further water to the mugs I am using. We have a commercial version of a competitors system at work and it appears that hot water top ups are required for the long version of their products if you approach the machine with a mug.

I registered the unit on the UK website and received the 20UKP voucher. On preparing my first order on the site last night I noticed another offer where you got a 10ukp off your next order when you ordered 50ukp worth of product. My cart contents totalled just over 50ukp but thankfully the registration voucher reduced this by the expected 20ukp. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the above mentioned 10ukp voucher for my next order.

Order number 1 - coffee based on ~ 50ukp worth of product is costing about 0.15ukp per pod.

Order number 2 - coffee using same order qty will cost just under 0.20ukp per coffee.

Without the 10ukp off next order it will cost around 0.24ukp per pod based on an order qty of just over 50ukp. (The examples would be for 1 pod drinks - ie not Latte, Cappuchino etc).

Delivery from Tassimo site took 8 calendar days.

My order arrived Monday, 7 working days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 301 ✭✭eorpach

The T-Discs are posted from the Netherlands. My order went missing for a couple of days so I called the helpline and was put onto the UK call centre, where I was informed that the courier delivering the package would be "AMPost". Who? -- turns out they meant An Post (who decided not to bother leaving a "we called slip").

If anybody's having delivery issues, call up the Tassimo helpline after your order has been dispatched and ask for the package tracking number. You'll be able to trace it online on the An Post website once it hits Ireland. If you don't go after it, An Post (told me) they simply return it to the Netherlands after 10 working days, without re-attempting delivery (so much for a "courier" service!).

I can't fathom why Tassimo don't inform the customer of the tracking number by email or via their online account - the "order number" you get is actually flip-all use.

is there anywhere else online that you can buy the full tassimo range apart from there website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

is there anywhere else online that you can buy the full tassimo range apart from there website

Amazon has most I'd say, if you use the subscribe and save option you get them cheaper with free delivery, then you can unsubscribe.

• Advertisement

A lot of their product is on Amazon but not as cheap.

As per above, I initially used the 20ukp welcome voucher towards an order that went over 50ukp which earned me another 10ukp voucher. Is the 10ukp voucher a regular occurrence?

Advertisement