Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox one Game saves

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the xbox one saves games?
    I am finding it quite confusing.

I was under the impression that games "starts from where you left of"
    For example. If I am playing fifa and only play one half. I then turn off xbox or play another game. Should it be saved?

I'm also having problems with power star golf. I play 10 of 18 holes and come back and I get "sign in change. Back to main screen" I never thought it would have to load up games constantly when you play it. Or am I just asking to much.

I never know when a game is saved or not.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Typically, games will save when "something" has been completed. In sports games like the ones you mentioned, that'd be a match (in FIFA) or a round (in PowerStars Golf). You'll see the saving icon appear on the screen to let you know that it's doing it's thing. Once you see that, you're good to turn it off usually. Unfortunately, game's very rarely let you save in the middle of "something", so if you're playing a game of FIFA against the computer and have to head out, your best bet is pausing the game and turning the TV off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It only functions as you describe if the xbox is on and you switch between stuff like apps and the dashboard etc it essentially suspends the game, but will not save the state if you power off.

I know Dead Rising 3 has a manual save feature on the pause menu, but many just have an auto save function only.

I always preferred a manual save combined with an auto one and being able to manually select a save slot and location, hopefully we get that back at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Thanks

I'm disappointed in this function, they built It this up to something it's not, I don't feel confidence in it. Would much prefer a manual way.

Switiching between games. It's does not save. Maybe the odd app it will work with.

Advertisement