Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding job after self employment.

Options
  • 17-12-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Im just asking this as a question may be causing a certain issue.

Is it a known thing that employers avoid employing someone that previously had their own business?

I mean when I sat down and thought about it, it does make sense, and would explain my scenario. When you take on a worker, its nice when you know hes not the entrepreneurial sort that is just there to see how things run and build contacts with suppliers etc

Or maybe Im just imagining it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

I think you are way overthinking this, if employers thought this way no one would ever get hired because may be some day a potential employee may become a potential rival.I for one would probably hire an entrepreneurial sort as they have proven drive and ability over a peron who doesnt have any ambition as they usually couldnt give a sh1t about the job

Advertisement