Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stove not heating radiators!

• 17-12-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Basically we moved into this house 3 months ago and in the sitting room is a normal fireplace and the kitchen has a fireplace too which has a stove which heated radiators and water.. Hasn't been working from day one and last month the landlords brother who plumbed the stove called and changed the pump and said it shud be working now but it's not! Rang landlord and she very rudely told me she had been talkin to her brother and there is no reason for it not to work that there is a handle in the hot press that needs to be turned a certain way to send the heat to the radiators.. Husband has tried that this morning and the fire had been on all day and the radiators are stone cold.. :( I've never dealt with a stove before so I dunno is it something we have not switched in the right direction or wat and the landlord has no interest in us bothering her with this again..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

Lwelka wrote: »
    Basically we moved into this house 3 months ago and in the sitting room is a normal fireplace and the kitchen has a fireplace too which has a stove which heated radiators and water.. Hasn't been working from day one and last month the landlords brother who plumbed the stove called and changed the pump and said it shud be working now but it's not! Rang landlord and she very rudely told me she had been talkin to her brother and there is no reason for it not to work that there is a handle in the hot press that needs to be turned a certain way to send the heat to the radiators.. Husband has tried that this morning and the fire had been on all day and the radiators are stone cold.. :( I've never dealt with a stove before so I dunno is it something we have not switched in the right direction or wat and the landlord has no interest in us bothering her with this again..

That's bodgery at it's pure finest. You shouldn't have to be playing with lever valves to direct heat to rads or vice versa. A stat should activate pump to feed heating circuit, not prickin with valves. Call that cowboy back. Gives good lads a bad name. Ps. Looked at them pics again, is that pump on the return line from cylinder??? What kw rating is stove to room and to heating water?

Advertisement